Elon Musk has made a serious mistake

Twitter had a bloated workforce -- and with it being in San Francisco, it's pretty safe to say most of them are entitled, low-productive associates. CraigsList, an online resource for 20+ years with a revenue stream topping $690 million, operates and maintains the site with a skeleton crew of less than 100 resources. These decisions make perfect sense, and follows the precedent Musk used with Tesla.

Musk is a business man, and I find it ironic the forecasted fallout and use of Twitter .... is being socialized using Twitter.

300 million Twitter users world wide

eggegegeggegegegeg.jpeg

ehhehehehhehehehehheheheh.png

Twitter had a bloated workforce -- and with it being in San Francisco, it's pretty safe to say most of them are entitled, low-productive associates. CraigsList, an online resource for 20+ years with a revenue stream topping $690 million, operates and maintains the site with a skeleton crew of less than 100 resources. These decisions make perfect sense, and follows the precedent Musk used with Tesla.

Musk is a business man, and I find it ironic the forecasted fallout and use of Twitter .... is being socialized using Twitter.

If it makes sense, why is Elon himself saying that Twitter will be likely go bankrupt from his decision to fire and accept the resignations of all those said employees? You can’t run a company with no workers.

As for your comparison, you do realize that CL is a teeny tiny company that just allows ppl to post ads on their page right? Type “iphone” in search and you’ll probably get maybe 4 pages worth on such a popular item. Most items only get a couple of columns on a single page. They’re not a gigantic social media network dealing with half a billion tweets a day, every single day, 7 days a week. Holy cow, of course, Craigslist doesn’t need the same amount of employees. It’s not even remotely comparable.

If it makes sense, why is Elon himself saying that Twitter will be likely go bankrupt from his decision to fire and accept the resignations of all those said employees? You can’t run a company with no workers.

As for your comparison, you do realize that CL is a teeny tiny company that just allows ppl to post ads on their page right? Type “iphone” in search and you’ll probably get maybe 4 pages worth on such a popular item. Most items only get a couple of columns on a single page. They’re not a gigantic social media network dealing with half a billion tweets a day, every single day, 7 days a week. Holy cow, of course, Craigslist doesn’t need the same amount of employees. It’s not even remotely comparable.
Twitter was already in trouble financially before Musk acquired it (with 13 billion of debt) .. It was rarely profitable and had a smaller user base and number of advertisers compared to giants like Facebook. Bankruptcy may be a good option so the debt can be favorably structured, and workforce reduction was a must-have because the workforce was bloated and the organization was hemorrhaging money. Musk will just hire cheaper resources to bridge the technology gap and the smaller workforce will take on more responsibility.

Workforce reduction are not exclusive to Twitter .. just look at the other technology companies, and media outlets like CNN.

Twitter was already in trouble financially before Musk acquired it (with 13 billion of debt) .. It was rarely profitable and had a smaller user base and number of advertisers compared to giants like Facebook. Bankruptcy may be a good option so the debt can be favorably structured, and workforce reduction was a must-have because the workforce was bloated and the organization was hemorrhaging money. Musk will just hire cheaper resources to bridge the technology gap and the smaller workforce will take on more responsibility.

Workforce reduction are not exclusive to Twitter .. just look at the other technology companies, and media outlets like CNN.

But was the workforce actually bloated? How do we know this? Even if this was true, do you fire the very departments responsible for implementing the changes you want in the company?? Do you fire the departments responsible for keeping Twitter online when the website crashes from various issues? I don't see Twitter being so badly mismanaged that 80% of the staff could be let go. That's ridiculous. An outsider coming in would have no clue what personnel they needed or didn't need to make such sweeping changes right off the bat.

But was the workforce actually bloated? How do we know this? Even if this was true, do you fire the very departments responsible for implementing the changes you want in the company?? Do you fire the departments responsible for keeping Twitter online when the website crashes from various issues? I don't see Twitter being so badly mismanaged that 80% of the staff could be let go. That's ridiculous. An outsider coming in would have no clue what personnel they needed or didn't need to make such sweeping changes right off the bat.
Twitter had already begun to reduce it workforce prior (a 30% reduction in talent acquisition) to Musk's acquisition. In October of 2022, Musk forecasted the additional reduction of nearly 75% of the workforce (although it was actually 50%) based on conversations with investors and other parties interested in the deal. I would challenge the mismanagement of Twitter prior to the acquisition, as the company had a limited window of profits and had acquired roughly 13 billion in debt leading into the purchase. From my experience in technology, humana capital resources can be ramped up for a stop-gap using contracted resources, especially with offshore / nearshore resources at a substantially reduced rate.

Layoffs after acquisitions is quite common .. although it's usually a longer period of time after the acquisition to get a feel for how the organization works.

Yes, it was. Based on the number who literally did nothing but eat and sleep while supposedly working.

Software engineers who got this call I know of all said "no"
Sure they did, Booby. They said no to a good paying job in an industry where mass layoffs are common now! :cuckoo:

and the only ones who could eventually say "yes" are on visas.
Joe Biden's favorite kind of people!

Many people got a phone call with this "offer", and a short deadline. Lots of people stopped answering unknown numbers to avoid this.
I'm unemployed! Please, will you people just quit calling me with JOB OFFERS?!! :auiqs.jpg:

None of this is surprising. As a rule of thumb, after you lay off X% of people, you get an additional half attrition. Lay off 10%: expect another 5% to quit. Lay off 50%... not unreasonable to expect another 25% to quit.
Yep. Sure, Jack. I worked something like 50 years in both the public and private sector in companies from Mom and Pop to the government to mega multi billion dollar international corporations, and not ONCE did I ever see 25% of the workforce walk out quitting their jobs because another 50% or whatever had to be laid off! But you go right on blowing smoke up the crack of your ass telling us you believe that crap, you are really entertaining! :lmao: Tell us another tragic story about Elon and Twitter for us, Uncle Synthie!

giggle.gif
1679_BananoRub.gif

I hope you are appropriately angered and outraged about this abuse of censorship!
Note: I have no beef with it. It IS private property.

The fatal flaw in your comparo, Mrs. C is that you are comparing a group of people likely going onto Truth Social deliberately, maybe paid, to instigate and provoke a deliberate, forced response there just so they could write about it either to try to bash on Trump with in another warped-TDS rag, and/or so they can try to rationalize and minimize what Twitter did in the media now as an attempted coverup for one of the biggest government ripoffs in history!

---To a bunch of people bumped off Twitter just for trying to ask the right questions about "funny" elections, or to talk about Covid, Hunter and a bunch of other pressing things which Uncle Sam seems to not want people asking about to be using as a covert coverup for at best, things he doesn't want you to know about, to worst, using the government to steer and effect elections to a pre-desired outcome.

Now we are in at about a million times worse than Watergate. No one short of pure sheeple still has any confidence left in American elections as a result, all brought to us by the very same people bitching about people not having confidence in elections! :shok: Then doing everything they can to further destroy confidence while placing blame elsewhere!

Yes, it was. Based on the number who literally did nothing but eat and sleep while supposedly working.

And you would know this because you have actual evidence pointing this out right? Ok, prove it. I'll wait.

And you would know this because you have actual evidence pointing this out right? Ok, prove it. I'll wait.

Twitter still up and running?

Yeah...

Game. Set. Match.

Forum List

Back