Elon Musk has made a serious mistake

On my newsfeed, I read that Musk is going to treat posters without the checkmark (me) as junk mail responses. I won't pay because I don't go on there often enough. I can still read and respond but I don't want to pay $8 for the check mark. :p

Musk has totally fucked up Twitter.
4i6Ckte.gif

In case you don't get it, since posting tweets here does not show the blue checkmark, here's a screenshot. For $8, this fake account bought a blue check. Unless you really look at his @ username it really looks like Greenwald's Twitter account.

1668140921893.png

Last edited:
Sure they can. That’s why they are leaving and choosing new platforms instead sitting around whining about it.

I don’t feel sorry Musk. His monumental arrogance is to blame.
Bullshit. They whine daily.

Entertainment value indeed. Holy shit this thread is hilarious :blowpop:
Thanks!

Elon has now fully evolved from being the exception proving the rule into being the pompous ass epitomizing the rule.

Last edited:
Elon may be in some deep shit. Eli Lilly has every right to sue him and Twitter for billions in actual damages and reputational harm:

The nine-word tweet was sent Thursday afternoon from an account using the name and logo of the pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly and Co., and it immediately attracted a giant response: “We are excited to announce insulin is free now.”

The tweet carried a blue “verified” check mark, a badge that Twitter had used for years to signal an account’s authenticity — and that Twitter’s new billionaire owner, Elon Musk, had, while declaring “power to the people!” suddenly opened to anyone, regardless of their identity, as long as they paid $8.

But the tweet was a fake — one of what became a fast-multiplying horde of impersonated businesses, political leaders, government agencies and celebrities. By the time Twitter had removed the tweet, more than six hours later, the account had inspired other fake Eli Lilly copycats and been viewed millions of times.

Inside the real Eli Lilly, the fake sparked a panic, according to two people familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak publicly. Company officials scrambled to contact Twitter representatives and demanded they kill the viral spoof, worried it could undermine their brand’s reputation or push false claims about people’s medicine. Twitter, its staffing cut in half, didn’t react for hours.

Forum List

Back