Elizabeth Warren passes Scott Brown in polls

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009

(NECN: Alison King) - He's the most popular politician in Massachusetts and for months Republican Senator Scott Brown has been leading the pack of democratic challengers -- until Elizabeth Warren arrived on the scene last week.

The latest poll shows Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren with a slight edge over Scott Brown, 46-44 percent.
<more>

It's over a year before any Senatorial election. We care about this, why exactly?

OMG omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!

Love1.jpg

Elizabeth Warren!!!

(NECN: Alison King) - He's the most popular politician in Massachusetts and for months Republican Senator Scott Brown has been leading the pack of democratic challengers -- until Elizabeth Warren arrived on the scene last week.

The latest poll shows Harvard Law Professor Elizabeth Warren with a slight edge over Scott Brown, 46-44 percent.
<more>

Not with the mood of this country, good luck, but when a New York district went GOP for the 1st time since 1923 it should give you pause not to get your liberal hopes too high.

Last edited:

<more>

Not with the mood of this country, good luck, but when a New York district went GOP for the 1st time since 1923 it should give you pause not to get your liberal hopes too high.

Yeah, in the wake of a scandal that made national headlines.

Don't cream your shorts yet. Democrats are actually leading in generic congressional at the moment.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Generic Congressional Vote

Impressive. I haven't really been following this, but it seems from such a quick bump that Warren must be a more aggressive campaigner than Coakley was.

As to why we should care about this: Warren and Brown are both already national figures, the seat has symbolic importance as the Kennedy seat, and it's one of the few pickups the DSCC is going for in what will otherwise be a very difficult cycle for them. That's more than enough to interest political junkies, such as the original poster and yours truly.

I haven't really been following this, but it seems from such a quick bump that Warren must be a more aggressive campaigner than Coakley was.

Understatement of the day.

Scott Brown is in trouble.

But if he decides to run against Kerry when he's up or if he runs for Governor he will get my vote.

A Warren victory would be zero surprise to me. Scott Brown is likely to face national criticism from his own side of the aisle as he's not Conservative enough for the national scene. In Massachusetts he's too far to the Right. This should be an easy pick up for the Democrats.

What'll be telling is who lines up to endorse him. Anyone that lines up to endorse him from the GOP is risking losing his Conservative street cred. The only folks I can see endorsing him are the Rockefeller Republican types that always have an eye on the big picture, and those guys have about zero pull with the Rank and File GOP these days.

A Warren victory would be zero surprise to me. Scott Brown is likely to face national criticism from his own side of the aisle as he's not Conservative enough for the national scene. In Massachusetts he's too far to the Right. This should be an easy pick up for the Democrats.

What'll be telling is who lines up to endorse him. Anyone that lines up to endorse him from the GOP is risking losing his Conservative street cred. The only folks I can see endorsing him are the Rockefeller Republican types that always have an eye on the big picture, and those guys have about zero pull with the Rank and File GOP these days.

i disagree. he's a moderate republican in the mold of ed brooke, frank sargent etc. the people who criticize him for being too liberal are the whackaloons and they just don't have much pull in the bay state.

it'll be interesting to watch the dem primary which will essentiaqlly be the 2008 pres primary writ small, with elizabeth warren in the role of obama (latecomer/carpetbagger) and setti warren in the role of hillary. alan khezei has no realistic shot, but he has enough money to play spoiler, and the fact that setti warren is black and a native of mass should also play into the final outcome.

i think elizabeth warren will win the primary and lose the general- but we'll see. either way, it should be fun.

<more>

And the Republican district in western NY that went Democrat for the first time in eons, what was that?

I disagree with any conservative that wants Brown to win.

Having representatives that have no principals, and don't fall in line with core conservative beliefs, only dilute the party and make us less effective in the long run. He has shown us that he is more interested in his political career, than standing for Something.

It's not that all conservatives have to agree on everything, we don't, but you have to have a belief system that resembles conservatism, otherwise your not a conservative, your a self serving politician, or a trojan horse lib.

Some conservatives say at least he's a vote some of the time. There's more to holding office than voting, and we'd be better off with a strong small party, then a bunch of Rino's that spoil the bunch.

Maybe Scott needs to do another nude photo shoot.

He's cute, but can he type?

It's over a year before any Senatorial election. We care about this, why exactly?

And it's over a year until the Presidential election....

If you don't care about these things why do you come here?

Actually, the Primaries start in a few months and the debate already have started.

I come here to discuss relevant things. Not discuss polls about something far in the future.

I disagree with any conservative that wants Brown to win.

Having representatives that have no principals, and don't fall in line with core conservative beliefs, only dilute the party and make us less effective in the long run. He has shown us that he is more interested in his political career, than standing for Something.

It's not that all conservatives have to agree on everything, we don't, but you have to have a belief system that resembles conservatism, otherwise your not a conservative, your a self serving politician, or a trojan horse lib.

Some conservatives say at least he's a vote some of the time. There's more to holding office than voting, and we'd be better off with a strong small party, then a bunch of Rino's that spoil the bunch.

what does this *belief system* consist of?

<more>

And the Republican district in western NY that went Democrat for the first time in eons, what was that?

Yes, but that had a strong third party candidate.

Forum List

Back