CDZ Electromagnetic warfare is here, and can threaten even civilian businesses.

The military requires all their equipment be protected against an electromagnetic pulse.

We can start building civilian equipment that's protected too.

If I can find enough tinfoil, I'm gonna build a faraday cage around my house. :smoke:

Funny story. My dad was a CPA and worked to dissolve a company that made a revolutionary kind of insulation, an aluminum honeycomb that when stretched formed about a 2 inch thick lattice. So he got all this material and I insulated my parents entire house with it. This was in the 1970's. It is the best insulation I've ever encountered.

One problem though, the house is one big faraday cage. No cell signals, no wifi, 4g, 5g - it's a dead zone.

Funny story. My dad was a CPA and worked to dissolve a company that made a revolutionary kind of insulation, an aluminum honeycomb that when stretched formed about a 2 inch thick lattice. So he got all this material and I insulated my parents entire house with it. This was in the 1970's. It is the best insulation I've ever encountered.

One problem though, the house is one big faraday cage. No cell signals, no wifi, 4g, 5g - it's a dead zone.

Ask toobfreak: He knows about stuff like that.

heads up...

Myself I would welcome a sudden return to 19th Century technology. While I adore my new Silverado, we've got an ancient Ford Falcon on reserve for just such an occasion. And if the Falcon won't fly there's always the horses. Candles and horses. Bring it!

Most buildings are faraday cages today because of all the lightning protection and the grounding that is done as a regular part of construction.

Most modern buildings are wired moreso than any older building ever thought about.
About half of the electrical contract these days is for low voltage wiring. Everything from security systems to fire alarm and data transfer...(even lighting controls are low voltage)
As a result the steel (including rebar) is grounded excessively to remove noise from the building. The Data Control Centers are shielded by their racks... even if the cabling is not. Also fiber optics aren't susceptible to EMPs.

Yes, you can build an EMP device with the parts out of a microwave oven...just don't expect it to do much in a modern building.

People stand by windows in most modern high rise buildings to use their cell phones for a reason...the LED and florescent lights and grounding cause too much interference to get a signal otherwise.

Forum List

Back