Electric vehicles are not reliable — yet: Consumer Reports

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Of the models surveyed, EVs and hybrids are some of the most desirable and in-demand, but their reliability ratings are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

“EVs are gaining in market share, and CR has more data than ever before from its owner surveys to gauge their reliability,” Consumer Reports said. “But with the introduction of so many new models, the results are, not surprisingly, subpar.”

So, basically..............people are paying THREE times more for MORE craptastic electric vehicles with FIVE times the problems!
I don't know about YOU........but as a consumer, when I buy something I EXPECT it to be perfect and fully functional when I spend MY little pittance of a paycheck on it!

Besides, even IF I were to buy an EV, theres no place around where I live to charge it. And I'm not driving 10 miles to a charger and sit there for 3-5 hours while it charges up!!

Don't buy one. Problem solved. Even though there is an easy simply solution for your issue you seem to still want to rant.

Of the models surveyed, EVs and hybrids are some of the most desirable and in-demand, but their reliability ratings are at the opposite ends of the spectrum.

“EVs are gaining in market share, and CR has more data than ever before from its owner surveys to gauge their reliability,” Consumer Reports said. “But with the introduction of so many new models, the results are, not surprisingly, subpar.”

So, basically..............people are paying THREE times more for MORE craptastic electric vehicles with FIVE times the problems!
I don't know about YOU........but as a consumer, when I buy something I EXPECT it to be perfect and fully functional when I spend MY little pittance of a paycheck on it!

Besides, even IF I were to buy an EV, theres no place around where I live to charge it. And I'm not driving 10 miles to a charger and sit there for 3-5 hours while it charges up!!
They don't care if they are reliable

The point here is, they want less people driving and disempowered by mandating them.

Wakey, wakey.

It's time for everyone to be dependent upon transportation provided by the government. That means in this era of Pandemics, we all need to be squeezed like sardines onto buses and trains.

Yay.

The article notes how unreliable gas powered pickups are also.

When did the govt try to force the population to get rid of reliable horse & buggies for a barely functioning car?

I must have missed that part of history
When can we expect the government to force us to drive electric? Also to not see the potential of electric cars you'd have to either be a short-sighted retard or a brainwashed partisan.

THAT being said, for the time being I prefer to drive my big, loud, diesel guzzling truck. Fuck their feelings.

When can we expect the government to force us to drive electric? Also to not see the potential of electric cars you'd have to either be a short-sighted retard or a brainwashed partisan.

THAT being said, for the time being I prefer to drive my big, loud, diesel guzzling truck. Fuck their feelings.
I don't suspect government will write legislation directly to force EV's.

More than likely, they will coerce the private industry to ONLY make EV's, and then also stop making parts to replace your cars fueled by fossil fuels.

That is more how they roll.

I don't suspect government will write legislation directly to force EV's.

More than likely, they will coerce the private industry to ONLY make EV's, and then also stop making parts to replace your cars fueled by fossil fuels.

That is more how they roll.
If enough people want fossil fuel vehicles there will be a market for it. That's how capitalism works.

If enough people want fossil fuel vehicles there will be a market for it. That's how capitalism works.
LOL.

Government trumps corporate America every time.

The same has occurred with light bulbs and toilets. Only those the government deems "good" for the environment can you now find and buy.

I suppose some off the radar way to keep your car of find a car run by fossil fuels may exist, but when all the gas stations disappear, what then?

Honestly, its time to wake up and understand who your task masters are.

They will be one day. They will figure out the battery ordeal one day. We will have the infrastructure for this one day.
And this shit will be worth it.

LOL.

Government trumps corporate America every time.

The same has occurred with light bulbs and toilets. Only those the government deems "good" for the environment can you now find and buy.

I suppose some off the radar way to keep your car of find a car run by fossil fuels may exist, but when all the gas stations disappear, what then?

Honestly, its time to wake up and understand who your task masters are.
When do you expect gas stations to disappear? Something tells me the fossil fuel industry is pretty capable of defending itself.

When do you expect gas stations to disappear? Something tells me the fossil fuel industry is pretty capable of defending itself.
It would not be hard to get them to disappear.

Regulations, taxes, political pressure, infusion of corporates wokeism, there are a thousand ways to get that done.

And as the demand for gas gradually disappears, they will not have the financial incentive to keep them going as well.

It would not be hard to get them to disappear.

Regulations, taxes, political pressure, infusion of corporates wokeism, there are a thousand ways to get that done.

And as the demand for gas gradually disappears, they will not have the financial incentive to keep them going as well.
I think you're worried about nothing. By the time EVs start taking over they will be so much better that nobody will care.

I don't mind the electric bumper cars.

i didn't know it took 3-5 hrs to charge

wow

the more I hear about these ev the more i dislike them. dislike is turning to abhor

Forum List

Back