Electric vehicles are exploding from water damage after Hurricane Ian, top Florida official warns

Any electrocutions?
A man from North Carolina has been killed while he was working on a new Tesla Motors auto charging station in Virginia.
On Wednesday, emergency personnel arrived at Janaf Shopping Yard in Norfolk on Tuesday morning and pronounced the man dead at the scene.

Honestly, there isn't many I can find on a typical Google search. There are lots of prognostication as to what COULD happen.

“Here’s another issue: electric vehicle and backup lithium-ion battery modules can erupt spontaneously into chemical-fueled infernos that cannot be extinguished by conventional fire-fighting means.”

From this thread earlier this week…

Before any other states start demanding that their citizens must own electric cars and not gas-driven ones should read up on what's happening in Florida due to water damaged electric cars.

A top Florida state official warned Thursday that firefighters have battled a number of fires caused by electric vehicle (EV) batteries waterlogged from Hurricane Ian.​
EV batteries that have been waterlogged in the wake of the hurricane are at risk of corrosion, which could lead to unexpected fires, according to Jimmy Patronis, the state's top financial officer and fire marshal.​
"There’s a ton of EVs disabled from Ian. As those batteries corrode, fires start," Patronis tweeted Thursday. "That’s a new challenge that our firefighters haven’t faced before. At least on this kind of scale."​

Will California's legislature roll back their insistance/new law that people MUST run electric cars by a certain date instead of gas-driven ones now?
I read this Western Journal piece awhile back about house fires started via charging EVs. And I wonder if at least some of the numerous house and apartment fires we saw on the news during Ian were caused by salt water logged EVs?

Come on Beautress! Phone a friend and borrow some intelligence. Houses sliding off mountains is NOT due to floods but rain combined with unstable earth where the houses were built. In most states, houses are built with rocks under them, not mud!
With re to the "dryness" of the state of California, here's a 2019 issue that followed one of those "flash floods" you cannot seem to comprehend, which happen in mountainous climes while you call it "not floods," but , yes, it is a flood of rainwater and how this house and 50 others came down. Worse than what is pictured here happened in the 60s when my family lived in California, and the news was pretty sad sometimes up on Big Bear Mountain and up north. :

If these people, the police, and everybody else had nothing but electric cars that blow up in bad weather, California will be ruint if the people whose houses slid down the mountain 5 minutes ago have no hope of escape. I'm simply tying down my case, which I am resting, and you're going back on my ignore list because I'm sure you will find some unknown small error that you can creatively take out of contest and continue beating up on this free God-fearing woman and top scholar in her college work on human excellence.​

Last edited:
Before any other states start demanding that their citizens must own electric cars and not gas-driven ones should read up on what's happening in Florida due to water damaged electric cars.

A top Florida state official warned Thursday that firefighters have battled a number of fires caused by electric vehicle (EV) batteries waterlogged from Hurricane Ian.​
EV batteries that have been waterlogged in the wake of the hurricane are at risk of corrosion, which could lead to unexpected fires, according to Jimmy Patronis, the state's top financial officer and fire marshal.​
"There’s a ton of EVs disabled from Ian. As those batteries corrode, fires start," Patronis tweeted Thursday. "That’s a new challenge that our firefighters haven’t faced before. At least on this kind of scale."​

Will California's legislature roll back their insistance/new law that people MUST run electric cars by a certain date instead of gas-driven ones now?
One of the many benefits of EV!
1665144377220.gif

An ICE that has been submerged in water doesn't do very well either

Using natural disasters as a metric in rating a car is just stupid

With re to the "dryness" of the state of California, here's a 2019 issue that followed one of those "flash floods" you cannot seem to comprehend, which happen in mountainous climes while you call it "not floods," but , yes, it is a flood of rainwater and how this house and 50 others came down. Worse than what is pictured here happened in the 60s when my family lived in California, and the news was pretty sad sometimes up on Big Bear Mountain and up north. :

If these people, the police, and everybody else had nothing but electric cars that blow up in bad weather, California will be ruint if the people whose houses slid down the mountain 5 minutes ago have no hope of escape. I'm simply tying down my case, which I am resting, and you're going back on my ignore list because I'm sure you will find some unknown small error that you can creatively take out of contest and continue beating up on this free God-fearing woman and top scholar in her college work on human excellence.​

Do you notice something missing from that hillside after it exposed the dirt underneath?

Where are the rocks? Oh, there aren't any!

Forum List

Back