Election today in Minneapolis. Will they vote to replace it's police dept with social workers?

Otis Mayfield
So do I. The first social worker that arrives on the scene of a shootout will shit his pants.

Hell social workers will quit before they become police responding to rapes, robberies and murders. Then city is out Police and Social workers.
LOL

The new law was not going to replace all police with social workers.

I can see augmenting the PD with social services, which BTW I thought every big city already has. But I believe that when somebody calls the cops, it's for a problem that a social worker is not equipped to handle and could be dangerous for them to respond to. If Minneapolis wants to increase their social services, that's fine, but cutting the number of cops is not a good idea and that is precisely why the new law got shot down in last night's election. Fewer cops = Bad idea.

I would love to be able to call to get help for someone having mental health issues from mental health professionals than cops with guns.
I’ve worked in psychiatric hospitals. We called the cops at times when violent and psychotic patients get out of control. They worked with us to talk the patient down, never seen a gun drawn in these situations. They may not be “mental health professionals”, but they receive training in verbal de-escalation and have plenty of practice with it on the job.

Plus, when talking isn’t working you need to make a show of force. How are you going to accomplish that with a group of social workers?

Now we can sit back and watch the cops fail at protecting citizens and property since that is not their job, their job is to strongarm money from citizens.
not where i live, but my locality isn’t run by dems like in Minn.

I suggest you stop voting for demafascist and maybe you too won’t have police acting like stormtroopers like that

I’ve worked in psychiatric hospitals. We called the cops at times when violent and psychotic patients get out of control. They worked with us to talk the patient down, never seen a gun drawn in these situations. They may not be “mental health professionals”, but they receive training in verbal de-escalation and have plenty of practice with it on the job.

Plus, when talking isn’t working you need to make a show of force. How are you going to accomplish that with a group of social workers?

They aren't trained to handle these kinds of situations.

They aren't trained to handle these kinds of situations.
Well, I know that when the shit hit the fan in these situations the social workers stayed in their offices and no one was looking for them.

The closest thing to a public “response team” to call other than cops you’re going to get when a violently psychotic person is out of control is a nurse to give the sedative and a couple big guys to hold them down while she does.

any good cop or bouncer will try to redirect a situation before force becomes necessary. But thinking you don’t need someone a capable of using force in situations like these is stupid.

Well, I know that when the shit hit the fan in these situations the social workers stayed in their offices and no one was looking for them.

The closest thing to a public “response team” to call other than cops you’re going to get when a violently psychotic person is out of control is a nurse to give the sedative and a couple big guys to hold them down while she does.

any good cop or bouncer will try to redirect a situation before force becomes necessary. But thinking you don’t need someone a capable of using force in situations like these is stupid.

You didn't read the link I posted concerning the program in Denver.

not where i live, but my locality isn’t run by dems like in Minn.

I suggest you stop voting for demafascist and maybe you too won’t have police acting like stormtroopers like that
I don't vote for anyone since it is solid red here and has been since I moved here twenty years ago. But oh my, they have crime,,,,and always have.

Just use a tranquillizer gun.

I don't vote for anyone since it is solid red here and has been since I moved here twenty years ago. But oh my, they have crime,,,,and always have.
you ca. read your head easy knowing it’s not like liberal run cities like Chicago, San Fran or NY

Forum List

Back