Election night fun

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
with all the unhappiness on the board - even from trump supporters, which may tell us something, did anyone have any fun?

I bought a bottle of Jack Daniels, and had a few. But around 8:30 central (before my kid called to ask if this meant the sky was falling which it isn't) I asked my wife "do you mind if I do my happy dance now?"

She said she wish I wouldn't but I did anyway. The dog eyed me suspiciously and the wife hit me with a pillow.

with all the unhappiness on the board - even from trump supporters, which may tell us something, did anyone have any fun?

I bought a bottle of Jack Daniels, and had a few. But around 8:30 central (before my kid called to ask if this meant the sky was falling which it isn't) I asked my wife "do you mind if I do my happy dance now?"

She said she wish I wouldn't but I did anyway. The dog eyed me suspiciously and the wife hit me with a pillow.
I had more fun watching this election than I have had doing anything since I was a kid. I stayed up all night and went to work at 6:30 eastern time bouncing off the walls most of the work day.

The intense anger at the culture of this society that I have had since I was a teen is finally starting to subside, and that might even be permanent. I have never been more consciously aware of my own happiness than I am today.

I had a blast!! Although I did start celebrating a little early and had to go to coffee at around eleven....with Kahlua of course.

And the thought that we're going to save SCOTUS will randomly pop up and I smile even more.

Forum List

Back