Election Day 2019

While I can't claim to have anything more than a general "view from 10,000 feet" [3,048 Metres] understanding of the English issues, the cultural parallel with Trump's election is stunning. The Left immediately blames ignorance, bigotry, and stupidity for the result, thus insulting the majority of English voters. The very idea that views different from their own might have been compelling or superior is not even contemplated. The idea that the English people can do without Rule by unelected bureaucrats in Brussels is simply too radical to be accepted.

Fuck the Left, wherever it resides.

Well the UK voted left wing and got a right wing twat.16.5m voted for leftist parties and 14m voted for right wing. That is argument enough for some sort of deal. Its like the bizarre situation in the US when Clinton won but trump was made pres.
At the moment the left is coming to terms with this and I have no great hope that much positive will come of this.
So time to take some positives. Scotland is now just a few steps from independence. Catholics took more seats than unionists for the first time in Ireland. A laughable anti-abortion party got just 9000 votes. Implementing brexit will crush the tories.

Yep, FPTP is a fraud on the electorate - always has been.

It took the Tories about 38k votes to win a seat, LibDems needed 334k votes for a seat. LibDems, interestingly enough, were the big winners, with +4% of the vote, and saw their number of seats decline. SNP needed 26k votes for a seat, Labour double that. Boggles the mind.

There are no positives, as far as I can see. Certainly, there will be none for ordinary Britons, but you can see The City rejoicing in the justifiable expectation they will be well served during the next five years. But, haven't you heard? 50.000 new nurses - all's going to be fine once BoJo finds the lab where these are being bred.
Well he didnt really promise much other than brexit and my take is that nobody really believed him anyway on the nurses and police. I think that brexit will occupy his time for a couple of years and ensure he can only do limited harm. His new MPs will have a shock when they open their surgery doors to a load of people who have problems with benefits payments or damp flats. It will change the tory party and maybe find some humanity. Not holding my breath though. As brexit destroys our economy the poor folk who voted tory should be the first to suffer.

Well he didnt really promise much other than brexit and my take is that nobody really believed him anyway on the nurses and police. I think that brexit will occupy his time for a couple of years and ensure he can only do limited harm. His new MPs will have a shock when they open their surgery doors to a load of people who have problems with benefits payments or damp flats. It will change the tory party and maybe find some humanity. Not holding my breath though. As brexit destroys our economy the poor folk who voted tory should be the first to suffer.

Well, having disparaged working-class men as “likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless”, Johnson got their vote. How's that for irony?

I would guess you are wrong on the amount of damage he can do. The Tories, wary of opposing their newly found Dear Leader, will rubber-stamp BoJo's deal in January, and thereafter it's a negotiation team wrangling with the EU over the permanent status of their relation. That won't take up much of BoJo's time, as he doesn't read briefing papers anyway. All the while, he will use his parliamentary majority for what the Tories do best, create more paupers, and make their lives even more miserable. What else is there? The Tories just got the worst NHS-report card ever, and even if they do nothing, things will be miserable enough already. You mentioned their "finding some humanity." Good one, Tom.

Whatever, BoJo ominously promised those who would rather remain will not be ignored. And they will "unite and level up". In case you can't explain what all that's supposed to mean, I fear you share that with BoJo himself. There's a good chance that five years of buffoonery of that kind is going to wear on us a bit, eh?

:lol: When I read such a pathetic nonsense then I doubt about that manking is able to survive. How stupid do you think are human beings, when you degrade them in such a perverted way to idiots with the Italian word "bravo"? The Brits are often Celts, Germanics and Normans with some squirted Roman mediterranian blood in the genes - and lots of extras. To be isolated from Europe is not a real part of this mix.
"times they are a changing"

:lol: When I read such a pathetic nonsense then I doubt about that manking is able to survive. How stupid do you think are human beings, when you degrade them in such a perverted way to idiots with the Italian word "bravo"? The Brits are often Celts, Germanics and Normans with some squirted Roman mediterranian blood in the genes - and lots of extras. To be isolated from Europe is not a real part of this mix.
"times they are a changing"

What has this Bob Dylan song to do with the human history of the last 2 million years? Since about 20,000 years for example human beings are dominated from the species "dogs". And whatever changed within this 20,000 years was not able to bring human beings to the idea to like to be free from dogs. Meanwhile even the species "cats" conquered us and makes us to their slaves.

Last edited:
Tommy, Wales is in real trouble. The EU will no longer provide Wales with the huge financial assistance it has been giving it and Boris Johnson doesn't have the budget to match what the EU was giving Wales. How will Wales survive?

Does this mean you may have to get a job and start supporting yourself?

lol...I have yet to see a loss by the left on either side of the ocean where they have not admitted it was to "simpletons" or some kind of "stupid"...just a tad more education and thought on the part of the lefties making these claims would allow them to see just what those claims really prove.
In truth it is in times of severe leftist disappointment that the true simpletons lash out in anger at their fellow citizens in a childish pique. It never fails.
They never learn and they never stop to consider if they are missing something, as any bright person would. No. They simply react with anger and hate because the "smart" people lost again.

Time for fat losers like Tommy to lick their wounds and no doubt they will now be looking for ways in which they can damage the economy of the UK in such a way they can blame it all on their Brexit debacle.
Not to worry. As long as there are livestock in Wales sex workers like Tommy will always land on the feet, or knees, actually.

Last edited:
1. Some outlandish policy decisions.
They presented a 10 year programme with a message that it was all doable in one term.
EG - A 4 day week is a fantasy at this stage.
People were scared by some of it.

2. Brexit - Their policy was a joke. Risible. Trying to build a consensus between their educated metropolitan base and their former uneducated base in northern shitholes. Not really working with the former and deffo not working with the latter.

3. They failed to capitalise on Tory ock ups. The tories have run the most dishonest campaign in living memory. Corrupt as fuck. And yet Corbyn has more or less stayed aloof from it, maintaining a dignified silence.

I also think they could have done some deals with the other leftish parties, they all have a price.

But who knows,they may shock us all. We still have a few hours to dream of a better world.

1. I have no objections to setting bold aims.

2. Their base is split, and it's an unenviable task to bridge that divide. Tories face the same predicament, and BoJo fails to take the Remain part of his base into account. I sure have no better ideas how to pull that off than they have.

3. Reasonable people, I guess, can reasonably disagree about the (de-)merits of getting down and dirty with the Tories. I would guess, you have a point here, but also understand the other side.

As to deals with the LibDems, my reading suggests they tried to reach deals with them but failed. There are websites advising voters on strategic voting, rallying behind the most promising left-of-Tory candidate in crucial constituencies. Your "dream of a better world", that is to say, rests on voters' ability to search for, and follow, that advice. Britons are smart people, for the most part. Let's hope they live(d) up to that in their voting decisions.

Well the UK voted left wing and got a right wing twat.16.5m voted for leftist parties and 14m voted for right wing. That is argument enough for some sort of deal. Its like the bizarre situation in the US when Clinton won but trump was made pres.
At the moment the left is coming to terms with this and I have no great hope that much positive will come of this.
So time to take some positives. Scotland is now just a few steps from independence. Catholics took more seats than unionists for the first time in Ireland. A laughable anti-abortion party got just 9000 votes. Implementing brexit will crush the tories.

That Wrexham shithole went CONSERVATIVE you ignorant stupid excuse for a Party!!! FIVE BLOODY YEARS before you get another go at stuffing it all up again. lmao

Time to hit he streets, Tommy, and do some more rioting to show how civilised you leftist prats are!! You won't get over it; violence is your pathetic port of call. At least the riot Police will have nice new equipment to greet your ilk on the streets!!

As for BREXIT!! GOOD!!!

Greg

1. Some outlandish policy decisions.
They presented a 10 year programme with a message that it was all doable in one term.
EG - A 4 day week is a fantasy at this stage.
People were scared by some of it.

2. Brexit - Their policy was a joke. Risible. Trying to build a consensus between their educated metropolitan base and their former uneducated base in northern shitholes. Not really working with the former and deffo not working with the latter.

3. They failed to capitalise on Tory ock ups. The tories have run the most dishonest campaign in living memory. Corrupt as fuck. And yet Corbyn has more or less stayed aloof from it, maintaining a dignified silence.

I also think they could have done some deals with the other leftish parties, they all have a price.

But who knows,they may shock us all. We still have a few hours to dream of a better world.

1. I have no objections to setting bold aims.

2. Their base is split, and it's an unenviable task to bridge that divide. Tories face the same predicament, and BoJo fails to take the Remain part of his base into account. I sure have no better ideas how to pull that off than they have.

3. Reasonable people, I guess, can reasonably disagree about the (de-)merits of getting down and dirty with the Tories. I would guess, you have a point here, but also understand the other side.

As to deals with the LibDems, my reading suggests they tried to reach deals with them but failed. There are websites advising voters on strategic voting, rallying behind the most promising left-of-Tory candidate in crucial constituencies. Your "dream of a better world", that is to say, rests on voters' ability to search for, and follow, that advice. Britons are smart people, for the most part. Let's hope they live(d) up to that in their voting decisions.

NO DEAL!! YOU LOST!! FUCK OFF!!

Greg

Yep, FPTP is a fraud on the electorate - always has been.

It took the Tories about 38k votes to win a seat, LibDems needed 334k votes for a seat. LibDems, interestingly enough, were the big winners, with +4% of the vote, and saw their number of seats decline. SNP needed 26k votes for a seat, Labour double that. Boggles the mind.

There are no positives, as far as I can see. Certainly, there will be none for ordinary Britons, but you can see The City rejoicing in the justifiable expectation they will be well served during the next five years. But, haven't you heard? 50.000 new nurses - all's going to be fine once BoJo finds the lab where these are being bred.
The "poor folk" are to suffer? Seems to me like they saw Corbyn as only creating more "poor people". Fucking shitholes like Wrexham voted TORY!! You should demolish that football ground in PROTEST, Tommy. Get a few thousand of your like minded thugs and render it to pieces!! Start your march NOW!!!

Greg

Well, having disparaged working-class men as “likely to be drunk, criminal, aimless, feckless and hopeless”, Johnson got their vote. How's that for irony?

I would guess you are wrong on the amount of damage he can do. The Tories, wary of opposing their newly found Dear Leader, will rubber-stamp BoJo's deal in January, and thereafter it's a negotiation team wrangling with the EU over the permanent status of their relation. That won't take up much of BoJo's time, as he doesn't read briefing papers anyway. All the while, he will use his parliamentary majority for what the Tories do best, create more paupers, and make their lives even more miserable. What else is there? The Tories just got the worst NHS-report card ever, and even if they do nothing, things will be miserable enough already. You mentioned their "finding some humanity." Good one, Tom.

Whatever, BoJo ominously promised those who would rather remain will not be ignored. And they will "unite and level up". In case you can't explain what all that's supposed to mean, I fear you share that with BoJo himself. There's a good chance that five years of buffoonery of that kind is going to wear on us a bit, eh?
Leftist lunatics lost, Olde. GET OVER IT!! lmao

Greg

'Things can’t get worse’: Wrexham turns Tory amid Welsh Labour losses

One of the most spectacular Tory victories was Wrexham in north Wales, which had been held by Labour since 1935 but where Sarah Atherton, a former soldier, nurse and owner of a microbrewery, took the seat with a majority of more than 2,000. Atherton and two others became the first female Tories to be elected as MPs in Wales.

'Things can’t get worse’: Wrexham turns Tory amid Welsh Labour losses

Leftists love losing elections because now they can go out and riot. It's in their DNA!! Start at Wrexham Football Club, Tommy. It's a shit club anyway!!! FOUR ZIP!!

FC Halifax Town knocked out 10-man Wrexham in the FA Trophy first round.

The Shaymen took the lead when Niall Maher's free-kick sneaked through the Wrexham wall, before Jack Redshaw struck with a shot in off the post.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50725293

Greg

As the negotiations drag on he will have to deal with problems in Ireland where he has united both sets of bigots against him. This will soon acquire a body count. On his alternate days he will have to deal with the exit of Scotland. These will create problems for him. The unionist campaign against the scots has already started.
There is a theory that the tories will use him as the clownish front man whilst the real villains work behind the scenes to drag the country back. Bit like in the US.
Dont underestimate the sheer shitness of some of these new tory constituencies. Their mps will find it a full time job dealing with the problems of the poor. Not something they usually have to deal with. Meanwhile the nhs will continue to collapse and crime will continue to rocket. As the economy continues to contract tax revenue will decline and the noose will tighten.

It wont be fun to watch but it should kill off the tories for good.

As the negotiations drag on he will have to deal with problems in Ireland where he has united both sets of bigots against him. This will soon acquire a body count. On his alternate days he will have to deal with the exit of Scotland. These will create problems for him. The unionist campaign against the scots has already started.

There is a theory that the tories will use him as the clownish front man whilst the real villains work behind the scenes to drag the country back. Bit like in the US.

Dont underestimate the sheer shitness of some of these new tory constituencies. Their mps will find it a full time job dealing with the problems of the poor. Not something they usually have to deal with. Meanwhile the nhs will continue to collapse and crime will continue to rocket. As the economy continues to contract tax revenue will decline and the noose will tighten.

There is, I am sure, a lot to the above. I fully agree he'll be the PR clown - while others do the hard policy work - which leaves him a lot of time scheming and manipulating, where he's on his home turf. That's my argument. He will do irreparable damage to the UK in pursuit of his aims, which extend far beyond merely dealing with Scotland (no referendum for them) and Northern Ireland, as he's trying to shape the UK Constitution (such as it is) and the electoral map in the Tories' favor. I think we can also agree that BoJo is looking attentively over The Pond, watching Trump trying to emasculate or weaponize the courts and and diminish Congress. In other words, BoJo will work as the PR clown while trying to secure the Tories' power in office, the rest be damned, and that includes (in my view) the poverty and misery in the Tories' newly won constituencies.

I am also pretty sure the world has yet to grasp that new phenomenon, the first two alternate-reality clowns masquerading as heads of state (yeah, I know, the queen, but). There is, I think, no one as of yet who has a firm, solidly grounded understanding how that was possible, and how to deal with it. There is no explanation, as far as I have seen, how things worked out in a way that both Trump and BoJo could make it that far. How was it possible they could, in mature democracies, mobilize sycophancy and authoritarian subservience to such a degree they not only made it into their respective offices, they might, despite their obvious ridiculousness, even do it again?

We may well have declining living standards for those at or near the bottom, a declining middle class, deteriorating health, declining life expectancy in the U.S. (which never happened outside of times of major wars), and we may well have a far bigger problem in the form of frontal assaults on democracy and the rule of law itself. And let's not even talk about the even bigger challenge, though related, of climate change. It sure won't be fun to watch, and the British press, I find, is even less prepared to deal with it all than is the American.

There is, I am sure, a lot to the above. I fully agree he'll be the PR clown - while others do the hard policy work - which leaves him a lot of time scheming and manipulating, where he's on his home turf. That's my argument. He will do irreparable damage to the UK in pursuit of his aims, which extend far beyond merely dealing with Scotland (no referendum for them) and Northern Ireland, as he's trying to shape the UK Constitution (such as it is) and the electoral map in the Tories' favor. I think we can also agree that BoJo is looking attentively over The Pond, watching Trump trying to emasculate or weaponize the courts and and diminish Congress. In other words, BoJo will work as the PR clown while trying to secure the Tories' power in office, the rest be damned, and that includes (in my view) the poverty and misery in the Tories' newly won constituencies.

I am also pretty sure the world has yet to grasp that new phenomenon, the first two alternate-reality clowns masquerading as heads of state (yeah, I know, the queen, but). There is, I think, no one as of yet who has a firm, solidly grounded understanding how that was possible, and how to deal with it. There is no explanation, as far as I have seen, how things worked out in a way that both Trump and BoJo could make it that far. How was it possible they could, in mature democracies, mobilize sycophancy and authoritarian subservience to such a degree they not only made it into their respective offices, they might, despite their obvious ridiculousness, even do it again?

We may well have declining living standards for those at or near the bottom, a declining middle class, deteriorating health, declining life expectancy in the U.S. (which never happened outside of times of major wars), and we may well have a far bigger problem in the form of frontal assaults on democracy and the rule of law itself. And let's not even talk about the even bigger challenge, though related, of climate change. It sure won't be fun to watch, and the British press, I find, is even less prepared to deal with it all than is the American.

You want to support that with facts, Olde??

The U.S. poverty rate declined slightly last year, but finally fell below the 2007 level, right before the Great Recession pushed millions of Americans out of work and into financial distress.
The improving economy was a key factor in the decline. The U.S. Census Bureau noted in its annual report on income and poverty that there were 2.3 million more full-time, year-round workers last year and that median earnings for all such workers rose by more than three percent.

U.S. Census Bureau Reports Poverty Rate Down, But Millions Still Poor

Regardless of your snaky lefty views Trump is doing just fine with the numbers!!!

FIVE MORE YEARS!!!!!

Greg

New Topics

Forum List

Back