Election Day 2019

IMG_20191212_170749.jpg

IMG_20191212_170751.jpg

IMG_20191212_170745.jpg

IMG_20191212_170747.jpg

IMG_20191212_170739.jpg

:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Have you noticed about this really young generation--whatever they feel is the cataclysmic end of the world? Tories won, but that's not the end. Tories won, THEY HAVE ANXIETY, someone has to fix it.

Just one reason why we really are at the end

All my kids are delighted!!

Greg

Thank you for that. The crazy thing is that the tories havent even tried. The left will need to give this some serious analysis as it doesnt look like any lessons have been learned. As in the US it is a triumph of the simpletons.

You're welcome.

I'd frame it, on both sides of the Atlantic, as the "Triumph of Spectacle and Resentment over Reason."

I would have guessed that, with a forcefully promulgated social-democratic agenda for the bottom 90% and a clear stance on Brexit, Labour should have won that one easily against a reckless, mendacious buffoon. Otherwise, I cannot figure out what lessons you might have had in mind.

1. Some outlandish policy decisions.
They presented a 10 year programme with a message that it was all doable in one term.
EG - A 4 day week is a fantasy at this stage.
People were scared by some of it.

2. Brexit - Their policy was a joke. Risible. Trying to build a consensus between their educated metropolitan base and their former uneducated base in northern shitholes. Not really working with the former and deffo not working with the latter.

3. They failed to capitalise on Tory ock ups. The tories have run the most dishonest campaign in living memory. Corrupt as fuck. And yet Corbyn has more or less stayed aloof from it, maintaining a dignified silence.

I also think they could have done some deals with the other leftish parties, they all have a price.

But who knows,they may shock us all. We still have a few hours to dream of a better world.

"Former uneducated base in northern sh1tholes"

I love it when your mask slips Tommy.
Wrexham went Conservative; Tommy's shithole has finally been set free.

We are amused.

Greg

Results
Here you can find all the Welsh results.

• Vale of Glamorgan: Alun Cairns - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Montgomeryshire: Craig Williams - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Monmouth: David Davies - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Clwyd West: David Jones - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Brecon and Radnorshire: Fay Alicia Jones - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Vale of Clwyd: James Davies - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Bridgend: Jamie Hamilton Wallis - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • ABERCONWY: Robin John Millar - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Delyn: Rob Roberts - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Wrexham: Sarah Atherton - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire: Simon Anthony Hart - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Clwyd South: Simon Baynes - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Preseli Pembrokeshire: Stephen Crabb - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Ynys Mon: Virginia Crosbie - Conservative and Unionist Party
  • Islwyn: Chris Evans - Labour and Co-operative Party
  • Neath: Christina Rees - Labour and Co-operative Party
  • Cardiff South and Penarth: Stephen Doughty - Labour and Co-operative Party
  • Pontypridd: Alex Davies-Jones - Labour Party
  • Cardiff North: Anna McMorrin - Labour Party
  • Cynon Valley: Beth Winter - Labour Party
  • Swansea East: Carolyn Harris - Labour Party
  • Rhondda: Chris Bryant - Labour Party
  • Ogmore: Chris Elmore - Labour Party
  • Swansea West: Geraint Davies - Labour Party
  • Merthyr Tydfil and Rhymney: Gerald Jones - Labour Party
  • Newport East: Jessica Morden - Labour Party
  • Cardiff Central: Jo Stevens - Labour Party
  • Cardiff West: Kevin Brennan - Labour Party
  • Alyn and Deeside: Mark Tami - Labour Party
  • Llanelli: Nia Griffith - Labour Party
  • Blaenau Gwent: Nick Smith - Labour Party
  • Torfaen: Nick Thomas-Symonds - Labour Party
  • Newport West: Ruth Jones - Labour Party
  • ABERAVON: Stephen Kinnock - Labour Party
  • Gower: Tonia Antoniazzi - Labour Party
  • Caerphilly: Wayne David - Labour Party
  • Ceredigion: Ben Lake - Plaid Cymru - The Party of Wales
  • Arfon: Hywel Williams - Plaid Cymru - The Party of Wales
  • Carmarthen East and Dinefwr: Jonathan Edwards - Plaid Cymru - The Party of Wales
  • Dwyfor Meirionnydd: Liz Saville Roberts - Plaid Cymru - The Party of Wales

Wow: look at all the Welsh shitholes....like Wrexham!!!

Greg

Labour should have won that one easily against a reckless,

mendacious buffoon.

isn't that the signature description of the left? Losing to "buffoons" while insisting they are the intelligent ones?

Otherwise, I cannot figure out what lessons you might have had in mind.
The lesson is if you are losing to someone of meager intelligence you should not run around thinking you are the smart one.

Last edited:
Labour should have won that one easily against a reckless,

mendacious buffoon.

isn't that the signature of the left? Losing to "buffoons" while insisting they are the intelligent ones?

Otherwise, I cannot figure out what lessons you might have had in mind.
The lesson is if you are losing to someone of meager intelligence you should not run around thinking you are the smart one.

What Napoleon and Hitler failed to so, namely make the UK subservient to Europe, was accomplished in 1975 without a shot being fired.

Finally, that egregious decision is being reversed and the UK is once more a sovereign nation.

Long may she remain so.

Brexit wan - United Kingdom lost?

lmao

Greg

The best election I ever made was when a coin felt out of my purse and landed exactly on the rim and not on the left extremistic side nor on the right extremistic side. This forced me to do my own decision. What for heavens sake vote people for, who vote for or against right wing nonsense and/or left wing stupidity? Give they stupid politcians really the authorization for this what politicians say afterwards? Now Johnny Weismüller - ah sorry: Boris Johnson - saves the British world. Good night Britannia! What a difference a day makes - 24 little hours. Just a moment ago he had fired his own people out of his own party, when he was some seconds the leader of this party. :lol:

Why for heavens sake are problems not able to be discussed without lies and full of respect with each other - and why is it so difficult to find good solutions? What for heavens sake expect the Brits now?

Last edited:
What Napoleon and Hitler failed to so, namely make the UK subservient to Europe, was accomplished in 1975 without a shot being fired.

Why do you always say such stupid things? Norway and Switzerland are still existing too and they are not part of the European Union - although they had problems with Napoleon and Hitler too - what's by the way an absurde comparison. The French under Napoleon were also a civilisatoric win for Europe - Hitler was only a murderous asshole.

Finally, that egregious decision is being reversed and the UK is once more a sovereign nation.

Pathetic bullshit. The British politicians were just simple used to make the EU responsible for their own mistakes.

Long may she remain so.

A punching ball of the USA in their absurde dance with China and Russia, while denying facts, truth and enlightenent and overtaking all froms of social darwinism? Sounds more like a way to endless, senseless and not executable wars. Perhaps you should try to make a hairspray out of your wrong pathos.

Last edited:

Long may she remain so.
BRAVO! :113:

:lol: When I read such a pathetic nonsense then I doubt about that manking is able to survive. How stupid do you think are human beings, when you degrade them in such a perverted way to idiots with the Italian word "bravo"? The Brits are often Celts, Germanics and Normans with some squirted Roman mediterranian blood in the genes - and lots of extras. To be isolated from Europe is not a real part of this mix.

Bravo! Bravissimo!

Last edited:
1. Some outlandish policy decisions.
They presented a 10 year programme with a message that it was all doable in one term.
EG - A 4 day week is a fantasy at this stage.
People were scared by some of it.

2. Brexit - Their policy was a joke. Risible. Trying to build a consensus between their educated metropolitan base and their former uneducated base in northern shitholes. Not really working with the former and deffo not working with the latter.

3. They failed to capitalise on Tory ock ups. The tories have run the most dishonest campaign in living memory. Corrupt as fuck. And yet Corbyn has more or less stayed aloof from it, maintaining a dignified silence.

I also think they could have done some deals with the other leftish parties, they all have a price.

But who knows,they may shock us all. We still have a few hours to dream of a better world.

1. I have no objections to setting bold aims.

2. Their base is split, and it's an unenviable task to bridge that divide. Tories face the same predicament, and BoJo fails to take the Remain part of his base into account. I sure have no better ideas how to pull that off than they have.

3. Reasonable people, I guess, can reasonably disagree about the (de-)merits of getting down and dirty with the Tories. I would guess, you have a point here, but also understand the other side.

As to deals with the LibDems, my reading suggests they tried to reach deals with them but failed. There are websites advising voters on strategic voting, rallying behind the most promising left-of-Tory candidate in crucial constituencies. Your "dream of a better world", that is to say, rests on voters' ability to search for, and follow, that advice. Britons are smart people, for the most part. Let's hope they live(d) up to that in their voting decisions.

Well the UK voted left wing and got a right wing twat.16.5m voted for leftist parties and 14m voted for right wing. That is argument enough for some sort of deal. Its like the bizarre situation in the US when Clinton won but trump was made pres.
At the moment the left is coming to terms with this and I have no great hope that much positive will come of this.
So time to take some positives. Scotland is now just a few steps from independence. Catholics took more seats than unionists for the first time in Ireland. A laughable anti-abortion party got just 9000 votes. Implementing brexit will crush the tories.

Well the UK voted left wing and got a right wing twat.16.5m voted for leftist parties and 14m voted for right wing. That is argument enough for some sort of deal. Its like the bizarre situation in the US when Clinton won but trump was made pres.
At the moment the left is coming to terms with this and I have no great hope that much positive will come of this.
So time to take some positives. Scotland is now just a few steps from independence. Catholics took more seats than unionists for the first time in Ireland. A laughable anti-abortion party got just 9000 votes. Implementing brexit will crush the tories.

Yep, FPTP is a fraud on the electorate - always has been.

It took the Tories about 38k votes to win a seat, LibDems needed 334k votes for a seat. LibDems, interestingly enough, were the big winners, with +4% of the vote, and saw their number of seats decline. SNP needed 26k votes for a seat, Labour double that. Boggles the mind.

There are no positives, as far as I can see. Certainly, there will be none for ordinary Britons, but you can see The City rejoicing in the justifiable expectation they will be well served during the next five years. But, haven't you heard? 50.000 new nurses - all's going to be fine once BoJo finds the lab where these are being bred.

Forum List

Back