Election Day 2019

General consensus is that the tories will win. The left is disorganised and riven by feuds which have let in Jonson and his chimps. The consequences do not bear thinking about.

Meanwhile our new leader spent yesterday hiding from journalists in a fridge.

All the funniest reactions to Boris Johnson's #fridgegate

Fingers crossed, and all. While preparing for the worst, actually. BoJo apparently was on a search for Britain's winter of discontent in all the cold places.

Anyway, I am rooting for Ali Milani. Maybe he turns out the quintessential Briton, demonstrating to his fellow Britons how a real Briton stands up to the threat to his nation.

General consensus is that the tories will win. The left is disorganised and riven by feuds which have let in Jonson and his chimps. The consequences do not bear thinking about.

Fingers crossed, and all. While preparing for the worst, actually. BoJo apparently was on a search for Britain's winter of discontent in all the cold places.

Anyway, I am rooting for Ali Milani. Maybe he turns out the quintessential Briton, demonstrating to his fellow Britons how a real Briton stands up to the threat to his nation.
Thank you for that. The crazy thing is that the tories havent even tried. The left will need to give this some serious analysis as it doesnt look like any lessons have been learned. As in the US it is a triumph of the simpletons.

Thank you for that. The crazy thing is that the tories havent even tried. The left will need to give this some serious analysis as it doesnt look like any lessons have been learned. As in the US it is a triumph of the simpletons.

You're welcome.

I'd frame it, on both sides of the Atlantic, as the "Triumph of Spectacle and Resentment over Reason."

I would have guessed that, with a forcefully promulgated social-democratic agenda for the bottom 90% and a clear stance on Brexit, Labour should have won that one easily against a reckless, mendacious buffoon. Otherwise, I cannot figure out what lessons you might have had in mind.

Last edited:

You're welcome.

I'd frame it, on both sides of the Atlantic, as the "Triumph of Spectacle and Resentment over Reason."

I would have guessed that, with a forcefully promulgated social-democratic agenda for the bottom 90% and a clear stance on Brexit, Labour should have won that one easily against a reckless, mendacious buffoon. Otherwise, I cannot figure out what lessons you might have had in mind.

1. Some outlandish policy decisions.
They presented a 10 year programme with a message that it was all doable in one term.
EG - A 4 day week is a fantasy at this stage.
People were scared by some of it.

2. Brexit - Their policy was a joke. Risible. Trying to build a consensus between their educated metropolitan base and their former uneducated base in northern shitholes. Not really working with the former and deffo not working with the latter.

3. They failed to capitalise on Tory ock ups. The tories have run the most dishonest campaign in living memory. Corrupt as fuck. And yet Corbyn has more or less stayed aloof from it, maintaining a dignified silence.

I also think they could have done some deals with the other leftish parties, they all have a price.

But who knows,they may shock us all. We still have a few hours to dream of a better world.

They presented a 10 year programme with a message that it was all doable in one term.

2. Brexit - Their policy was a joke. Risible. Trying to build a consensus between their educated metropolitan base and their former uneducated base in northern shitholes. Not really working with the former and deffo not working with the latter.

3. They failed to capitalise on Tory ock ups. The tories have run the most dishonest campaign in living memory. Corrupt as fuck. And yet Corbyn has more or less stayed aloof from it, maintaining a dignified silence.

I also think they could have done some deals with the other leftish parties, they all have a price.

But who knows,they may shock us all. We still have a few hours to dream of a better world.

1. I have no objections to setting bold aims.

2. Their base is split, and it's an unenviable task to bridge that divide. Tories face the same predicament, and BoJo fails to take the Remain part of his base into account. I sure have no better ideas how to pull that off than they have.

3. Reasonable people, I guess, can reasonably disagree about the (de-)merits of getting down and dirty with the Tories. I would guess, you have a point here, but also understand the other side.

As to deals with the LibDems, my reading suggests they tried to reach deals with them but failed. There are websites advising voters on strategic voting, rallying behind the most promising left-of-Tory candidate in crucial constituencies. Your "dream of a better world", that is to say, rests on voters' ability to search for, and follow, that advice. Britons are smart people, for the most part. Let's hope they live(d) up to that in their voting decisions.

You should have to put up with such an oitrage, Tommy!

you should start making plans foot your new life in the paradise of Somalia immediately!

IMG_20191212_170749.jpg

IMG_20191212_170751.jpg

IMG_20191212_170745.jpg

IMG_20191212_170747.jpg

IMG_20191212_170739.jpg

:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

Your batshit crazy, open borders, pro-Islamic, anti-capitalist, homo-progressive ideas have been rejected.

A fellow idiot feels your pain serf

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Verified account
@AOC
Follow Follow @AOC
More
This video is about the UK, but it might as well have been produced about the United States.
The hoarding of wealth by the few is coming at the cost of peoples’ lives.
The only way we change is with a massive surge of *new* voters at the polls. UK, Vote!

You're welcome.

"Former uneducated base in northern sh1tholes"

I love it when your mask slips Tommy.

Have you noticed about this really young generation--whatever they feel is the cataclysmic end of the world? Tories won, but that's not the end. Tories won, THEY HAVE ANXIETY, someone has to fix it.

Just one reason why we really are at the end

Forum List

Back