Elderly Grandfather Paralyzed by Police Beating

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Elderly? He was 57 and resisted arrest.
Odd...even the police now say it was because he put his hand in his pocket. Is that "resisting arrest" now?
Read father he put his hand in his pocket and when they attempted to pat him down, he pulled away. I really hope there is dash cam footage of this.

I really don't know what happened, but I tend to give cops the benefit of the doubt. The vast majority of them deserve it.

You have got to be joking?
elderly [el´der-le]

aged.

frail elderly

1. individuals over 65 years old who have functional impairments.

2. sometimes used to describe any adult over 75 years old.

Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

57 is elderly and no he wasnt resisting arrest.

elderly [el´der-le]

aged.

frail elderly

Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.

You seem to have missed the fact you have the adjective "frail" in front of elderly. How long did it take you to find that definition?

From Merriam
Elderly - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Full Definition of ELDERLY
a : rather old; especially : being past middle age

b : old-fashioned

elderly [el´der-le]

aged.

frail elderly

You seem to have missed the fact you have the adjective "frail" in front of elderly. How long did it take you to find that definition?

From Merriam

I know several 57 years old men that would beat the shit out of most guys under 30. So you're point is?

elderly [el´der-le]

aged.

frail elderly

From Merriam

I know several 57 years old men that would beat the shit out of most guys under 30. So you're point is?
My point is that 57 is elderly. Any man between 18 and 30 that would let a 57 year old beat them up is a pussy generally speaking. Just because you got beat up by elderly men doesnt mean everyone has went through that.

Note mine came from a medical dictionary, dear. And it was the first when I put- elderly definition- in search.

It is insulting to the middle aged to call them elderly. You might give that some thought. If they are indeed frail, even then they would be insulted.

Now, to your point, the guy resisted arrest, according to reports, if you don't like the definition of resisting, then, I don't know what to tell you.
Are you suggesting that someone in their 20's wouldn't have let a 57 yr old officer push them around, by resisting? If so, then we would be looking at one more possibly dead 20 yr old something.

I don't understand why you don't get it, you should not resist an officer of the law at ANY age. All it will buy you is more trouble.

FLEX, POSE, SMILE Melvin Cooper, 64, entered his first bodybuilding contests last year.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/fashion/03Fitness.html?_r=0

03fitn600.1.jpg

elderly [el´der-le]

aged.

frail elderly

From Merriam

Why was this guy peering into peoples garages? It would have never happened if be hadn't been doing that and someone reporting it.

Odd...even the police now say it was because he put his hand in his pocket. Is that "resisting arrest" now?
Read father he put his hand in his pocket and when they attempted to pat him down, he pulled away. I really hope there is dash cam footage of this.

I really don't know what happened, but I tend to give cops the benefit of the doubt. The vast majority of them deserve it.
How on earth could this police violence be justified? Is walking through the neighborhood an offense so grievous as to suffer brutality?

Why was this guy peering into peoples garages? It would have never happened if be hadn't been doing that and someone reporting it.
There's no confirmation that that is what he was doing.

And for 57 years old...is there an assertion that 57 in India is as healthy and young as 57 here in the U.S.?

Thats why the cops..GASP...stopped him...to investigate whether he was doing that and why...or not. Unfortunately. ..he resisted when they tried to pat him down after be kept putting his hands into pockets...same place the Arizona cop killer had a gun last month and killed a cop who was trying to investigate a domestic assault.

Let me guess....now cops must speak 10 languages to ensure this doesnt happen?

How on earth could this police violence be justified? Is walking through the neighborhood an offense so grievous as to suffer brutality?

Not at all. But if someone calls and says you are peeking into open garages (very common behavior of burglars) as you walk on a dark street...guaranteed a cop is gonna stop and ask you whats going on.

And if you keep putting hands into pockets (where criminals often keep a gun) and the cop tries to check you for his safety....and you pull away....it probably wont end well.

Because instantly you just made the cop think "Something bad is in that pocket, im not getting hurt today".

Raw truth.

Forum List

Back