Egypt warns about size of ISIS army

quorthon

Jan 21, 2015
Egyptian intelligence services made an estimate of ISIS army and their allies battalions. They counted about 180,000 militants. ISIS has created an umbrella army which consists now of Taliban, Al Qaida, Al Shabab and other local jihadi groups from Yemen, Gaza, Sinai, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan and Mali.
“There is no sign the international community understands what is happening before our eyes,” stated Egyptian an intelligence official. “ISIS is creating the fundamentals of a real governance in not just Iraq and Syria but also in Algeria, Afghanistan, Yemen and beyond.”
432180-bd8866aa-50fe-11e4-852c-a6aaa2413bba.jpg

ISIS We 8217 re so much bigger than CIA thinks

And yet they couldn't take Kobane?? Saddam said the same thing....twang!!!!!!

Syria Kurds target new border town after retaking Kobane Daily Mail Online

I would say that ISIS is not having it all their own way.

Greg
No, they only have about 20 maybe 30 thousands in Iraq and Syria, and huge legions are meant to wait for orders in other Middle East regions and Africa. Maybe they counted Boko Haram as a part of caliphate army.
Not only Kobane, they can't expand their territories more than they done in 2014 summer.

Last edited:
Egyptian intelligence services made an estimate of ISIS army and their allies battalions. They counted about 180,000 militants. ISIS has created an umbrella army which consists now of Taliban, Al Qaida, Al Shabab and other local jihadi groups from Yemen, Gaza, Sinai, Syria, Iraq, Pakistan and Mali.
“There is no sign the international community understands what is happening before our eyes,” stated Egyptian an intelligence official. “ISIS is creating the fundamentals of a real governance in not just Iraq and Syria but also in Algeria, Afghanistan, Yemen and beyond.”

Another link from the same source.
Egypt faces existential threat from ISIS

I saw al-Sisi's interview on Fox yesterday. al-Sisi looks as worried as any national leader I have ever seen. I do not think that people understand what is ISIS. I do not think they can. The mindset is a paradigm the Western mind can not get inside of. I think the Americans try to figure out how a violent Billy Graham is such a threat to other countries. One factor which I think should be as alarming as any is countries, European, the U.S., and others, are revoking passports and such to keep people from leaving to join ISIS. Last time someone built a wall across their country to keep people in it came down in time, and the people left.

Dont worry the 5th fleet has many missles for ISIS targets, hope they hang out in one place.

the Carrier strike force with the USS Theodore Rosevelt is a vey bad thing to have close by if you are a terrorist.

A repeat of the link I posted a couple posts back.
Egypt faces existential threat from ISIS
Aaron Klein. 03/10/2015
A senior Egyptian intelligence official told WND there is information ISIS has united with other jihadist groups and is planning an unprecedented surge inside Egypt to possibly begin as soon as next month.
“This is a very different story from anything that happening in last two to three years,” he said, referring to the planned insurgency.
The Revolutionary Retribution said after the video was published, "Oh, we did not mean that. That was overstated." This is common for Islamic militant groups to send out information and then say it is not what it is and not to worry about it. The upcoming attack is probably exactly what this refers to.
Link to thread: Movements of the Revolutionary Retribution says Foreigners Get out of Egypt by Feb 11th US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
This video was published three days ago. Description states created on January 29, 2015. Somehow I would think this would be news. The Movements of the Revolutionary Retribution seem to be just about every group that disagrees with the current government, and there are several of them.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm just on a rant here. I would like to say that for all the talk of al-Sisi being heavy handed with those who oppose his government it is the only thing keeping his government in power from one day to the next. And if al-Sisi's government gets replaced it will be replaced by something far more heavy handed. What some in the West will be outraged and disgusted by. So while it is all noble and all to condemn al-Sisi for killing Egyptians should al-Sisi fall the amount of blood spilled by the current government will be a drop in the bucket.

Forum List

Back