Educational Bullshit?

Anyway, in the last 56 years I've been involved in this field, primarily analog & RF, I've never heard that term applied to anything outside the Bureau of Standards.

And that says it all. Have you ever worked in an R&D lab? From the sounds of it, you're mostly a HAM radio operator, you bought a nice Fluke bench meter a long time ago and have never had it checked since. BTW, Ace, no one much cares about super accurate ohmage reading anyway as most resistors are in the tens of ohms or HIGHER, most gear is rated on its VDC accuracy primarily, then its VAC accuracy secondarily, crest factor and freq range included, and as you can see, the 867 is rated as a maximum deviation full scale within the temp rage as being 0.025% or better. And what is 0.025% of 320.00 mV (0.32 VDC)?

That's 0.00008 volts!

That is Fluke saying the meter will be + / - within that range under any operating conditions it is rated for, OR BETTER. I bet your Fluke bench meter isn't much better than that!

You really want to try to claim that's not good enough to use in a company's electronics test and development lab, Honey? How many R&D labs did you work in again?

I'M ALL FUCKING EARS, SWEET-CHEEKS.

I just love it when I get another shitstain who doesn't know what he''s talking about. The 867 has a 32000 count display, which means its lowest range is full scale 320.00 ohms, or 0.01 resolution. Here is mine measuring the test leads shorted:

You're premature with your victory dance, to say nothing of your display of ignorance. This sentence you wrote above had me laughing yet again at your bald face ignorance;
"The 867 has a 32000 count display, which means its lowest range is full scale 320.00 ohms, or 0.01 resolution."

You are fucking clueless and have no idea what you're talking about. Display my ASS! It refers to the meter's ADC characteristics not the freaking display. You're a bloody fraud!

And that says it all. Have you ever worked in an R&D lab?
Not exactly... Back in the 70's I was involved with terrestrial and orbital microwave communications in the Government band as a young GS 9 engineer for the Navy. The big dish system was used for broadband communications research with TRW being the lead contractor the Navy cut the contract with. The work we did there helped open the door for broadband communications as we know it today, landline and orbital. That was R&D but we didn't have any lab and we didn't get swollen heads over the place we worked.

As I wound down my career while working for Intel, I was working in the lithography area of the newest fab helping develop the process for the new Pentiums on 200mm wafers and ramping up production from 1999 on till retirement. That was sorta, kinda R&D too but again, alas, no real lab, just hundreds of millions of dollars of process tools being tweaked and prodded to produce magic processors. Then, I saw it was good and retired on Jul 3, 2005.
From the sounds of it, you're mostly a HAM radio operator, you bought a nice Fluke bench meter a long time ago and have never had it checked since.
Never hammed a fucking transmitter, dipstick! And I never had a Fluke bench meter of any description, ass wipe I said I have an HP3478A meter for 2-W & 4W measurements!
BTW, Ace, no one much cares about super accurate ohmage reading anyway as most resistors are in the tens of ohms or HIGHER,
Obviously, there is a demand for that accuracy given there exists meters designed AND SOLD to measure with a high degree of accuracy. Because you are ignorant and believe "...no one much cares about super accurate ohmage reading anyway as most resistors are in the tens of ohms or HIGHER." that is just plain IGNORANCE on your part!

How many R&D labs did you work in again?
Bottom line since you're stuck on the R&D lab bullshit, I really don't think you would do anything in that type of workplace environment than sweep the floors, clean the heads., and make the coffee if your hands were clean. You don't even talk like a tech let alone an engineer, ya fraud!

I just love it when I get another shitstain who doesn't know what he''s talking about. The 867 has a 32000 count display, which means its lowest range is full scale 320.00 ohms, or 0.01 resolution. Here is mine measuring the test leads shorted:

You're premature with your victory dance, to say nothing of your display of ignorance. This sentence you wrote above had me laughing yet again at your bald face ignorance;
"The 867 has a 32000 count display, which means its lowest range is full scale 320.00 ohms, or 0.01 resolution."

You are fucking clueless and have no idea what you're talking about. Display my ASS! It refers to the meter's ADC characteristics not the freaking display. You're a bloody fraud!

Ah yes, the drunken whine of the ex-Vietnam vet, high school grad radio tinkerer that a university-trained research engineer with ties to Fluke is ignorant, laughable, and a clueless fraud! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Let's start with your claim that the 860 Series GMM doesn't have a 32000 count display:

P2130545.JPG

But let's get back to your other claims, that the 867 wasn't accurate enough to use for R&D. It just so happens I have a number of Fluke certifications including the original one that came with the instrument! It shows that my meter was the tenth 867 meter made.

P2130546.JPG

Scrolling down to the ohms test, again, one of the least important and least accurate ranges for any multi-tester, it shows that they applied a certified reference standard 290 ohm resistance under controlled lab conditions, it shows both the high and low pass in the last two columns, and it shows that the response of my meter was 290.01 ohms, an accuracy of +100.003%! Far better than the stated minimum accuracy of 0.07%

It shows a 1.5 MOhm sine wave applied and the response was 1.5000 MOhms, an accuracy of 100.000%!

And it shows that with
29.00 VDC applied = 28.999 VDC response! 99.997% accurate!
-290.00 VDC applied = -290.00 VDC response! 100% accurate!
1000 VDC applied = 1000 VDC response! 100% accurate!

Now show us YOUR meter's test results fat boy! Another USMB flaming butthole goes down. Any more challenges to my test equipment or anything, Moron? Look, JACK ASS, get your head out of your ASS long enough to try to understand that you never owned an 860 GMM, you don't know SHIT about them, and that there is a big difference between quoted specs on some webpage you dig up and actual, real world performance.

Considering that the 860 was THIS accurate, AND could do AC/DC voltage, current, ohms, resistance, frequency counter, logic, capacitance, component test (Lissajous pattern), PLUS an analog / digital display, trend plots, recording, pattern and setting storage, and 20MHz scope display with advanced triggering and many other features, including a display port for read out and printing, all in a carriable package the size of small purse was nothing short of fucking amazing!

Or to put in a way you're better able to understand:

YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON

Last edited:
And that says it all. Have you ever worked in an R&D lab?
Not exactly... Back in the 70's I was involved with terrestrial and orbital microwave communications in the Government band as a young GS 9 engineer for the Navy.

Like I thought. Just a high school grad bum has-been like the "Admiral" who got some taxpayer-paid training who is decades out from what is going on today. Tell me Ace, just what percentage of products out there would you guess the Fluke 867 isn't accurate enough to design or test? Maybe just the very upper 1% of the 1% of stuff for the aerospace industry?

In other words, 99.9% of the world out there tests, measures, designs and develops most everything you've ever seen in the commercial world with far less, like the Simpson and Triplett VOMs and the 70 Series Flukes. But the 867 isn't good enough to use in a design lab, right, Flyboy?

Is there even enough of your brain left to understand that I've proven everything I've claimed and everything you've said wrong, butt wipe?

Last edited:
[Display my ASS! It refers to the meter's ADC characteristics not the freaking display.

Well, I've already proven you wrong again and considering that I've worked with A/DCs and you haven't, you said you were strictly analog and RF, what would you know about digital? Can you tell us anything about PAM signals? Quantization errors? Fast Fourier Transforms? DeBayering algorithms? Anything? Just what is your grasp of digital technology on which most of the world has been based since, oh, the 1980s?

Can you even explain to me what the S/PDIF is? Have you ever used a SPICE engine? Worked in LabView? MatLab? Anything? For that matter, can you explain to us the problems with even CMOS latch up?

You paid to be listed in that Who's Who

BTW, ShitFerBrains, you don't "pay" to be listed in the Who's Who, otherwise, everyone would be in it and it'd be MEANINGLESS! As I recall, your school submits an application with your scholastic achievement and it must be accepted to go in. You are such an ignorant, lying ass.

Yes , you do. As a a retired educator, why don't you just admit you are tap dancing in a mine field?

Public Schools doing another bang up job!!

6 year old point finger gun at teacher and said I shoot you school called the police

6-year-old points finger gun at her teacher and said ‘I shoot you.’ School called the police.

Girl is 6 years old, has Downs Syndrome, is in Kindergarten, and the fuckwits at the school cannot simply have a kind, gentle talk with the girl, a discussion with her parents, no, the brainless twits HAD to call the police to do a threat assessment by the Tredyffrin/Easttown School District — and that, under district policy, school officials had to call the police. “They feel they need to contact the police to find out if a student might have something else in the community they might not know about,”

Another child abuse case by the out of control public schools where thery routinely criminalize normal child behavior, traumatize the poor kids and the end up with police records and brain-fucked, like our Admiral Tory.

“This is a real setback,” said Harold Jordan, senior policy advocate at the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania. He said excessive involvement of police in schools could make students less likely to report concerns to adults: “This is not a process that’s going to catch the next school shooter.”

Formal threat assessment efforts — advocated by the U.S. Secret Service — have been a growing trend in school districts. Tredyffrin/Easttown formed teams in November 2018, according to the district. That's right, the US Secret Service is concerned about errant behavior by your kindergartners! Is it any wonder these poor kids are taking guns to school?

I bet the cops just LOVE this stuff. Still, Pennsylvania’s law does not require district threat assessment teams to involve police while evaluating reports. “I don’t think you can blame the law” for how Tredyffrin/Easttown handled the Gaines’ situation, Jordan said.

Gaines said the district’s team had determined her daughter made a “transient threat,” with no intention to harm anyone, and recommended no disciplinary action. School staff involved in Margot’s individualized education plan viewed the incident as isolated, Gaines said. In other words, these imbeciles have the brains of a muskrat. Like automatons, they must comply, no matter how stupid.

Another win-win for the brainless asses of the public school board.

“I think most people would agree that this is where the issue should have ended,” she said in her statement to the school board committee.

She and her husband have retained a lawyer who has written a letter to the board, seeking a change in policy and the expungement of an incident report they say police took about their daughter’s finger gun.

While concerns over how schools refer students to police aren’t new, some districts appear to be using threat assessment "as further justification for their move to call the police,” or to remove students from school through suspensions or disciplinary transfers, said Margie Wakelin, staff attorney with the Education Law Center in Philadelphia.

Students of color and students with disabilities are “disproportionately impacted” by such policies, Wakelin said — noting some schools have identified students with autism for threat assessment because they appeared withdrawn in class.

Wakelin said the situation in Tredyffrin/Easttown isn’t the first time she’s heard of police being called in response to young students, including instances in which children have drawn guns or written things in diaries.

For Tredyffrin/Easttown, “it’s just nonsensical to think you would have a policy in place" that doesn’t allow school staff to use discretion in involving police, Wakelin said.

Gaines said that she and her husband don’t have guns in their house and that there was “no way in the world” her daughter would be able to carry out any threat.

“And yet it was still reported,” she said.

CREZNN2XUBEULGHN5OHGAFQRKQ.jpg
HHOARHIAOJC5FGOFVBYIFNLSKE.jpg

Admiral Tory's Public Enemy Number One

Oh Jesus, my sides are in pain from the laughter your statement above gave me. Ohmage? 1/100th ohm? LAB QUALITY? The Fluke 867's resistance range is 300 ohm to 30.000 Mohm in Fluke's manual for the meter (see link below). If you're gonna try and cover your ass and talk tolerance in the lowest range, that would come to +/-0.07% of 300 ohm or 0.21 ohm max difference.

Oh, Gee, I just went on line and looked at one of Fluke's current top bench DMMs with a stated VDC accuracy of UP TO 0.0024%, then went back and looked at my actual WORST CASE deviation per the shown factory test certificate and my worst case deviation was 0.0034%!

And I just calculated the actual accuracy from my test certificate for the 290 ohm test load and as shown, its actual deviation was again (anyone can check the math) 0.0034% (290 ohms read as 290.01), NOT the manufacturer's stated minimum guaranteed accuracy of 0.07! :auiqs.jpg:

Son, you admitted you've never worked in any sort of actual R&D lab, somehow stupidly thought it referred to the Bureau of Standards (NIST), and are a washed up has been leftover from the Vietnam War Era. You should stick to your archaing misconceptions about what real life test equipment can do in real world situations and the next time you want to try to jump down someone's throat blindly feet first trying to laugh at proving them wrong, you ought to try to get a few facts straight first and get your head out of old user manuals and your ass.

What a piece of test equipment actually does and what the manufacturer GUARANTEES as minimum quality are often two different things, Junior! :dance:

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 1.34.11 PM.png

Son, you admitted you've never worked in any sort of actual R&D lab, somehow stupidly thought it referred to the Bureau of Standards (NIST), and are a washed up has been leftover from the Vietnam War Era.
There was no mistaking the Bureau of Standards...you must have misunderstood. Now about this R&D lab...what is your definition of an an R&D lab?

We might be talking past each other. Tell us all about the one you are in charge of, your source of funding, the main thrusts of your work, and I'm really interested in any patents you or your staff may have gotten or are pending.et al. Any outfit that has conquered the challenge of CMOS lock-up must be sitting on top of the mountain! By the way, what substrate was used to start out on with that new process and how big is your fab?

Son, you admitted you've never worked in any sort of actual R&D lab, somehow stupidly thought it referred to the Bureau of Standards (NIST), and are a washed up has been leftover from the Vietnam War Era.
There was no mistaking the Bureau of Standards...you must have misunderstood. Now about this R&D lab...what is your definition of an an R&D lab?

We might be talking past each other. Tell us all about the one you are in charge of, your source of funding, the main thrusts of your work, and I'm really interested in any patents you or your staff may have gotten or are pending.et al. Any outfit that has conquered the challenge of CMOS lock-up must be sitting on top of the mountain! By the way, what substrate was used to start out on with that new process and how big is your fab?

I misunderstand nothing. I can only read what is written to me. You said that a Lab was in your mind only the Bureau of Standards (NIST). Pure stupid.

An electronics laboratory is nothing more than any business, governmental or commercial lab where engineers and technicians work doing research, testing and/or product development. Labs I've worked in the past I can talk other than time spent at Bell Labs in NJ studying switching technology were mainly concerned with developing and bringing to market global telecom products in accordance with other companies like Lucent for various systems like SLC 5, 96 and 2000 channel banks and various other things relating to optical carriers, various switching systems from AT&T/Lucent, Nortel and Siemens, etc.

Curiously, I was again looking at the current market up to even a $5000 - $7000 Fluke Hydra DMMs and it was still rated no better than 0.0024% accurate max, meaning once again that if even that gear were to measure a 29 VDC source, its maximum deviation would be 28.999 volts! The same response my lowly 867 GMM gave when tested. I even tested the meter on a dead short yesterday and got it down to a fraction ohm lead resistance, zeroed that out, then repeatedly broke the connection and reconnected it, and instead of the book-specified 0.07% max deviation, never got a reading deviating any more than 0.01, the limit of the display, an order 20X better than the limits set by the manufacturer, and as anyone knows who understands counters, it's quite normal for them to float one decimal at the least significant digit due to unavoidable quantization rounding errors.

Not bad for a 24 year old handheld meter which once saved the Olympics from missing world broadcast! :D I think I'll keep it.

P2120541.JPG

P2120540.JPG

Forum List

Back