Education Apocalypse Continues

I wonder how many will buy into homeschooling permanently, rather than return to the public system.

Even now you can hear the little kiddies' minds being ripped from Democrat control.
Yeah, well that's not what parents are saying.
1587317613121.png

I went to public school and NEVER saw or heard of these indoctrination claims you RWI's continue to make.

My 3 kids all went to public school as well. Indoctrination nowhere to be found, kind of like Sasquatch. It's there. They're all doing quite well working from home. Our rural public schools up here are doing quite well. Our town just passed a 15 million dollar referendum to keep things going for the next 5 years. It passed overwhelmingly.

All public schools should remain closed. Forever.

The stupid Harvard prof is wrong, Weatherman. But then so are you. Your kids hated homeschooling I guess, so now you have a bug up your butt about it.

You don't want freedom of choice for parents. I do. Parents should have all options open to them: public school, private school, charter school, homeschool. You don't want choice for parents. You want to do what you did to your own kids: force all kids into homeschools.

My 3 kids all went to public school as well. Indoctrination nowhere to be found, kind of like Sasquatch. It's there. They're all doing quite well working from home. Our rural public schools up here are doing quite well. Our town just passed a 15 million dollar referendum to keep things going for the next 5 years. It passed overwhelmingly.

Right. There's a poster here who's very bright but I can't talk to her anymore about public schools. She's from Brooklyn; she's convinced that every public school system in this vast, vast land is exactly like hers. I have been to Brooklyn. It's like a whole 'nother planet frankly.

None of these cats can explain to me how the sweet second grade teacher in Anytown Nebraska who sits down the pew from you every Sunday is actually a plant from Indoctrination Central. They just spew it and so, there it is.

They do not understand the real work that goes into teaching a group of twenty-two seven year olds to read, write, do math and generally get along leaves little time left over for the wonder of say, Karl Marx. (see how ridiculous that is?) But each political ideology has its rich fantasy life, and this is theirs. They read one story from Berkeley and Brooklyn and there it is, it's happening all over. It's as ridiculous as reading that One Christian Pastor who Hatez the Gheys and says that's why we had an earthquake and extrapolating that to all Christians, right?

But you must let them weave their fantasies I guess.

I went to public school here in my country.
Public schools here are the "best ones" because they're funded by the goverment and free to attend
Private schools are really expensive...you must be rich to attend a private school in the Philippines
Unfortunately the quality of education is not excellent :(

You nimrods keep forgetting that most schools are controlled by conservative school boards.
Who establishes public school curriculum? I am pretty sure it is the state with a strong suggestion for the Dept of Ed. Not that school boards and teachers don't have a say but if your state is Blue and your community is Red...yeah.
Gotta go private or home school. That seems the most logical to me.

Public Schools teach at the lowest common denominator
I guess you are correct.

I was lucky when I went to high school. In that year the government decided to stop teaching the chicken digestive system curriculum and change it for the European high school curriculum.

This was... let me use my fingers to make the subtraction from 2020... this was 49 years ago!

In the new biology class we learned even the Deoxyribo-Nucleic Acid (ADN). My homework, I still can remember some images in my mind, was to use soda strobes and plastic balls to make a DNA helix.

I used to remember for years the names Purine, Guanine, Adenine, and right now I went to Wikipedia for help to remember the name of the Cytosine. The plastic balls were of different colors representing them. It was a new curriculum not many students were prepared for, and several of them failed Biology, Physics and Chemistry in those years.

Years later, public schools under a new directive returned to the old curriculum in biology with the chicken digestive system, the parts of the tree, etc...

Today the new curriculum includes DNA, RNA and etc, but today is 50 years after my school time.

Problem is that without homework, not by videos in YouTube but by students doing work and experiments with their hands, this is an essential part missing in many public schools.

In my area public schools really suck.

Last edited:
One might well ask the question, Do the schools make any difference?

If you compare two school districts within the same, say, metropolitan area, one in an impoverished area and one in an opulent suburb, the academic "products" will be just as different as the economic/demographic differences, regardless of spending, teacher salaries, or the pay of the Superintendent. The graduates of the impoverished high school will have low test scores, few admissions to college and NO admissions to competitive colleges. The graduates of the posh school will have high SAT'S, many national merit scholarship finalists, many admissions to the top schools, and so on. Indeed almost all of the grads will go on to some form of "higher education."

If you traded faculty and administration of the two school districts, the results would not change. Would anyone even argue that the results would change?

The kids from the higher-income families would dramatically outperform the kids from the lower-income families. Period.

Because AS A GENERAL PROPOSITION, those parents are more intelligent, better educated, more responsible, more likely to be providing two-parent, stable homes, and better able to support the children/students when things become difficult.

The condition and neighborhood of the school building has nothing to do with it. The political orientation of the faculty has nothing to do with it. The salaries of the teachers has little to do with it (districts paying higher salaries can be more selective), but as the computer geeks used to say, "garbage in; garbage out."

As for home schooling, the same basic principle applies. If the parents are educated, responsible, stable, and relatively prosperous, the kids will get a good education. If not, they won't.

Forum List

Back