Education and sport

John Marston

Oct 23, 2014
Mesquite
‘WE CHEATED’ — At UNC, whistle-blowers expose a sickening athletic scam

Сollege athletes are just paid players, not students and drop the whole sham.

At UNC whistle-blowers expose a sickening athletic scam The Daily Caller

I'd think that the primary focus of scholarship athletes should be scholastic achievement and not athletic achievement. Seems that the university sports systems have strayed from that fundamental.

I'd think that the primary focus of scholarship athletes should be scholastic achievement and not athletic achievement. Seems that the university sports systems have strayed from that fundamental.
And this applies to you how exactly?

I'm going to Ohio State University and will probably be a walk on by playing my way on the mens tennis team. I am really that good. I've seen video of them playing and my serve they wont be able to touch it and I have 4-5 different serves that are all plus weapons. Do walkons gets scholarships?

I'm going to Ohio State University and will probably be a walk on by playing my way on the mens tennis team. I am really that good. I've seen video of them playing and my serve they wont be able to touch it and I have 4-5 different serves that are all plus weapons. Do walkons gets scholarships?
If you can walk on, beat the 5 or 6 seed, you will get a scholarship. Make the team, challenge your way up. Doubtful that you can perform that well. Too many foreigners playing.

I played tennis (after giving up baseball) for a small college. I thought I was the shit...until I faced real competition.

Anyway...college athletes put into it what they want to put into it. Most successful athletes are successful people because they have the same qualities as an all-star student.

However, I know my abilities.

Apparently not.

How would you know? ....

You're 28, think you're going to walk on to a NCAA program, and have no idea about athletic scholarships? You're fooling yourself, chump.

I've been running a business and playing USTA tennis at the same time. I've had no time for college and now I do. I have more tennis experience and have a better most important weapon of all a pro serve well over 125 mph that I have been taught to locate along with a top spin slice serve that so far my opponents can barely get to and if they do they are so out of position the point end in 10 second. Yeah, I'm pretty confident.

Delusional nonsense. Post when you've actually done anything. You won't.

Forum List

Back