Educating chidlren about Barack Obama

I agree 100% with your first point.

How do you consider being awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing, a milestone?
Dude...this is what upsets me so much about you RWers, your propensity to lie and obfuscate. Where did I say that the Nobel Peace Prize was a milestone? WHERE?!?? I SPECIFICALLY listed the fact that being the FIRST black President as a milestone and this is what your response is.

See why I have to respond to you people like I do?

I apologize for the confusion. I thought you were expressing two separate thoughts... One being the first black president, and the other (the milestone) being the Nobel Peace prize, since that was under discussion in the thread as well.

I really did not think you'd seriously talk about how Obama was the first, then go on to ask who else achieved that milestone (being the first). Kind of obvious the answer would be no one, right?

but I don't expect you to actually take anything a mere right winger has to say at face value. It doesn't hold with your preconceived notions about us. Whatever.

I understand how messages don't always get received the way they were intended. No worries.

With that said, my point was that becoming the first black Pres IS a big deal. And that secondly, what other Presidents had any major milestones that were worthy of the kids being taught about in school. That was it.

On your last point, if RWers didn't lie so much I wouldn't have a problem. You're showing me today that you at least APPEAR to be reasonable, I'll work with that and respond accordingly with you going forward.

Peace.

I apologize for the confusion. I thought you were expressing two separate thoughts... One being the first black president, and the other (the milestone) being the Nobel Peace prize, since that was under discussion in the thread as well.

I really did not think you'd seriously talk about how Obama was the first, then go on to ask who else achieved that milestone (being the first). Kind of obvious the answer would be no one, right?

but I don't expect you to actually take anything a mere right winger has to say at face value. It doesn't hold with your preconceived notions about us. Whatever.

I was also confused by what he might have been calling a milestone since he called it an international milestone.

Being a black president has been done before, internationally speaking, so I didn't know what he meant.
I am also pretty sure that there have been some past US Presidents on both sides of the aisle who have achieved 'major milestones'.

Yes, I am pretty sure of that too.

I don't have a problem with children being shown the good in our President. Regardless of his skin colour or party affiliation.

So, you're Ok if this book is 'required reading' in kindergarten too, right?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/George-W-Bush-President-American/dp/0766021009/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318356791&sr=1-1"]George W. Bush: The 43rd President (Heroes of American History)[/ame]

51-SNapKuwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with children being shown the good in our President. Regardless of his skin colour or party affiliation.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/George-W-Bush-President-American/dp/0766021009/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318356791&sr=1-1"]George W. Bush: The 43rd President (Heroes of American History)[/ame]

No.

That book is not age appropriate. (correction: it does go down to Age 4, so that could be okay)
Bush is not the current sitting President.

Last edited:

I was also confused by what he might have been calling a milestone since he called it an international milestone.

Being a black president has been done before, internationally speaking, so I didn't know what he meant.
I am also pretty sure that there have been some past US Presidents on both sides of the aisle who have achieved 'major milestones'.

By "major milestone" I assume you mean being in the One Drop club?

No.

That book is not age appropriate.
Bush is not the current sitting President.

Amazon has it in the 3-5 age group. K starts at 5, so it is perfectly age appropriate.

So, it's only OK to make kids read about a sitting president? That would mean that while Bush was President, you'd have supported this as required reading, right?

It's good that we're informing our kids about current events.

Being the FIRST black President in the United States of America is no small thing. No matter what you RWers think or say about it.

Who was the last President to obtain such a national and international milestone? Or any major milestone for that matter?

I agree 100% with your first point.

How do you consider being awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing, a milestone?
Dude...this is what upsets me so much about you RWers, your propensity to lie and obfuscate. Where did I say that the Nobel Peace Prize was a milestone? WHERE?!?? I SPECIFICALLY listed the fact that being the FIRST black President as a milestone and this is what your response is.

See why I have to respond to you people like I do?

Silly me, I thought race was to be no facter in our judgment of people. To judge a person based on race is to be racist.

He's just a man, that's all.

Why should I care if he is black?

What I should care about is that he's an amature. And he prooves it quite often, with his decisions.

Please stop with the racist comments.

It's good that we're informing our kids about current events.

Being the FIRST black President in the United States of America is no small thing. No matter what you RWers think or say about it.

Who was the last President to obtain such a national and international milestone? Or any major milestone for that matter?

thats not true.....Clinton was the first black one......

Amazon has it in the 3-5 age group. K starts at 5, so it is perfectly age appropriate.

So, it's only OK to make kids read about a sitting president? That would mean that while Bush was President, you'd have supported this as required reading, right?

And I corrected my post. I saw "Reader Level" which is typically reflected as a Grade Level, not an Age Level.

And yes. We're talking about Kindergarten here. They should not be learning about every President in history. They're focusing on reading, and if one of the books is about the CURRENT President, I don't see a problem with it.

Provided, as I said, it focuses on the good things about him and not the political positions.

Silly me, I thought race was to be no facter in our judgment of people. To judge a person based on race is to be racist.

What I should care about is that he's an amature. And he prooves it quite often, with his decisions.

Shut the fuck up with your faux outrage. I'm willing to bet you know exactly what racism is, and not because you were a victim of it.

Shut the fuck up with your faux outrage. I'm willing to bet you know exactly what racism is, and not because you were a victim of it.

Eeeeeeeww,
Kiss you mother with that mouth?

There is no "faux" about it. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'm a victim of no man, because I choose not to be. You should try it sometime.

Racism is racism.

Forum List

Back