Editing time limits

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
I know we have a time limit on editing posts. Should there be a time limit on Visitor Message editing?

I would prefer the same time limit or less, as posts, to apply to VM's

Looking at my VM convos, mine go back all the way to the time i joined...and i still have the option of editing my messages.

I know we have a time limit on editing posts. Should there be a time limit on Visitor Message editing?

Looking at my VM convos, mine go back all the way to the time i joined...and i still have the option of editing my messages.

No. We don't want time limits. She still has time to come back and change that last post or uh, I mean the poster could come back and edit their comments as they wished.:lol:

Last edited:

I think only the user should be able to edit posts on their wall.

Once a visitor posts something. they should be prohibited from editing it.

If they thought it was so profound to post it, they should be forced to live with their words.

If they thought it was so profound to post it, they should be forced to live with their words.

Daaaaamnnn......lay that smack down!

• Banned

I agree with that too. However i feel a grace period should be in place for corrections and or second thoughts. If seen though before editing it is still quotable.

I agree with that too. However i feel a grace period should be in place for corrections and or second thoughts. If seen though before editing it is still quotable.

Nope. Once someone posts something as a visitor message, they should not be able to edit it.

If they want to change their profound thoughts, they should be relegated to making another post to backpedal.

My preference for edit time is 1 minute per line, up to 5 minutes total in Politics or Congress. (I have truly caught some completely unintended gaffes on longer posts) Sometimes the other poster puts up 12 to 20 complex questions/talking points in a post then rants if someone only addresses one point, which can take a lot longer to address than it took its author to throw it out. Just sayin'.

I'd like to see longer time limits for when one is writing poetry or haiku. Sometimes sleeping on it when you write a verse truly helps the improvement of compositions. I don't know if this could even be done by thread managers. I have to write my metered poetry elsewhere due to time constraints on making corrections. If I try composing a longer verse here, the board nanny kicks me off and I have to long in again. I've lost posts I spent a long time working on to answer someone's complex talking points post. My computer isn't that slow, but lately, there have been a number of political omissions from the face of the internet a lot of information, and wikipedia is no longer my source of choice due to its extremely rewritten historical media bias that fails to be true. It takes too much time to chase down links that relate to what the headlines or even what government sources were just 5-20 years ago. It is often replaced by sophomoric contemporary lockstep political hype on both sides.

*sigh & wishful thinking*.

Last edited:
My preference for edit time is 1 minute per line, up to 5 minutes total in Politics or Congress. (I have truly caught some completely unintended gaffes on longer posts) Sometimes the other poster puts up 12 to 20 complex questions/talking points in a post then rants if someone only addresses one point, which can take a lot longer to address than it took its author to throw it out. Just sayin'.

I'd like to see longer time limits for when one is writing poetry or haiku. Sometimes sleeping on it when you write a verse truly helps the improvement of compositions. I don't know if this could even be done by thread managers. I have to write my metered poetry elsewhere due to time constraints on making corrections. If I try composing a longer verse here, the board nanny kicks me off and I have to long in again. I've lost posts I spent a long time working on to answer someone's complex talking points post. My computer isn't that slow, but lately, there have been a number of political omissions from the face of the internet a lot of information, and wikipedia is no longer my source of choice due to its extremely rewritten historical media bias that fails to be true. It takes too much time to chase down links that relate to what the headlines or even what government sources were just 5-20 years ago. It is often replaced by sophomoric contemporary lockstep political hype on both sides.
*sigh & wishful thinking*.

Political debating has you all worked up Becki. Your bordering on poetic here. Way to give an opinion. No time limits Becki on anything threads or VM. I have things I still would like to edit that I've posted. Sometimes I miss things. *sigh* *tastes finger*

New Topics

Forum List

Back