Ed Schultz Blaming Republicans For Collapse Of U.S. Postal Service

RunPerryRun

Aug 4, 2011
:cuckoo:

Once again, Fat Ed Schultz is blaming all Republicans for another crisis. {that's pretty much 1/2 of his show}
Well last night Sargaent Schultz devoted the first 13/14 minutes of his comedy hour demonizing Republicans for the financial crisis the USPS is in.
Now Hold Your Horses! Didn't Al Gore(Democrat) Invent The Internet?
Didn't The Internet Gradually Eat Away At The USPS ?
In 2007 "Democrat House Speaker Pelosi" Initialized the 2008 Recession.
In 2008, The Democrats Caused A Worsening Housing Bubble
In 2009 Obama Moved In And MILLIONS Lost Their JOBS!!
When Millions Are Unemployed, THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO SPEND ON PRODUCTS&SERVICES
PROVIDED BY THE USPS !'
Yet Still, Ed Schultz has found a way to blame Republicans for the mess our mailmen are in and the possibility that FED-EX and UPS may have to buy it out.
What's really happening here is that Ed Schultz sees the Obama 36% approval !!:lol:

Last edited:
But it was in 2006 that the lame duck Congress ran by Republicans passed a bill insisting they come up with a hundred billion dollars to fund retirees 75 years in the future. Something all government agencies have to do, but not to that wild extreme.

Some states such as Oregon and Washington vote by mail. Losing these rural states would be a terrible blow to the Democratic Party.

It's called "voter suppression" and Republicans were "thinking ahead".

Do a little research bub. You put little laughing faces around, but when it's clear you don't know what you are talking about, you look foolish. Maybe it's something you're used to, I don't know.

Ed (Sergeant) Schultz

What brilliance -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLeGQr9TK6g]Libtalker Ed Schultz: Laura Ingraham's 'A Slut' - YouTube[/ame]

I do not want to hear that it's all Bush's Fault! The internet was the primary reason the USPS went into a slow decline, and to add fuel to the fire was the crash of 2008. When you have 10% unemployment,thats about 13/14 Million people who have to cut back on sending packages&mail.
I am pretty sure that if we had a 5% unemployment all this time, the USPS wouldn't be in dire straights.

I do not want to hear that it's all Bush's Fault! The internet was the primary reason the USPS went into a slow decline, and to add fuel to the fire was the crash of 2008. When you have 10% unemployment,thats about 13/14 Million people who have to cut back on sending packages&mail.
I am pretty sure that if we had a 5% unemployment all this time, the USPS wouldn't be in dire straights.

But it was in 2006 that the lame duck Congress ran by Republicans passed a bill insisting they come up with a hundred billion dollars to fund retirees 75 years in the future. Something all government agencies have to do, but not to that wild extreme.

Some states such as Oregon and Washington vote by mail. Losing these rural states would be a terrible blow to the Democratic Party.

Do a little research bub. You put little laughing faces around, but when it's clear you don't know what you are talking about, you look foolish. Maybe it's something you're used to, I don't know.

Except that in Oregon rural usually votes republican. The big Democrat counties are Lane, Benton and Multnomah. Lane county is mostly rural, but contains Eugene.

Don't let facts and logic get in the way of your fantasies.

Once again, Fat Ed Schultz is blaming all Republicans for another crisis. {that's pretty much 1/2 of his show}
Well last night Sargaent Schultz devoted the first 13/14 minutes of his comedy hour demonizing Republicans for the financial crisis the USPS is in.
PROVIDED BY THE USPS !'
Yet Still, Ed Schultz has found a way to blame Republicans for the mess our mailmen are in and the possibility that FED-EX and UPS may have to buy it out.
What's really happening here is that Ed Schultz sees the Obama 36% approval !!:lol:

its funny you did not mention the 5 billion a year payment for future employees that was put onto the PO mostly by Republicans and signed into law by Bush....that is the thing that is crippling the PO.....the other things they can deal with.....

what other organization is forced to prefund these accounts?

Does any free market organization have to prefund theirs?

UPS?

FEDEX?

from what i understand no one Public or private has to do that.....

It was so obviously designed to make the post office have a big mess that it is going to hurt the republicans in the end.

What does the constitution say about the post office?

PROVIDED BY THE USPS !'

its funny you did not mention the 5 billion a year payment for future employees that was put onto the PO mostly by Republicans and signed into law by Bush....that is the thing that is crippling the PO.....the other things they can deal with.....

Yep.

The US Postal service has a burden no other industry has..

Which is ridiculous.

It's also never allowed to raise the price of postage stamps to accurate levels.

That's nuts.

name a Company that would not be hurting if they had to pay 5 Billion Dollars every year up front.......

Constitution of the United States of America - Wikisource

Article I

Section. 8.
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards and other needful Buildings;—And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Last edited:
The founding fathers wanted to fund it etirely with taxes.

We have designed one that pays for itself.

Well I guess now it has to do more than pay for its self huh?

It has to PREPAY for its self

last night ed schultz was crying like a baby because he was sure that the USPS was going to shut down and Oregon/Washington wont be able to vote for Obama (what? they can't create precincts in the local churches?) I wonder what Ed would of said if they only voted by mail in South Dakota and Georgia (something like,,,,F--K those Red States,Obama wont need their votes anyway)

??? I am a true conservative, but I like to poke fun at MSNBC Cable News Hosts, most of which are trashing the constitution by Supporting anything Obama does, and wants to do. Hey, I Listen to Rush Limbaugh every day, we share the same beliefs,,,,,so please dont take my anti-liberals rants so seriously,,,,,even I have been suffering since Fedele Castro the Second came to the white house in 2009.

I'm a little confused here.
The Libs here praise Obama all the time about how much he has accomplished as President.
Then a minute later they Bitch that he has no power and the Republicans are in charge.

The Republicans are destroying the economy
The Republicans are destroying the Post Office.
The Republicans are destroying jobs in this country.
The Republicans are stopping people from voting.
The Republicans are destroying unions....

Blah Blah Blah......

You don't like it Libs?,You have the WH and the Senate....Show leadership for God's sake and grow a pair.

The Republicans are this big great power stopping you at every turn....
Or is this President accomplishing more in 3 short years then any President before....

Which is it?

I didn' t know the PSPS collapsed but I'll take your word for it. Like most federal agencies the problem isn't about too much work but rather not enough work and too many workers.

Forum List

Back