Economists: GOP Cites Deeply Flawed CBS Report To Blame Debt On Obama

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Brian Beutler | August 24, 2011

Only a small part of Obama's inherited shortfall came from the 2008 bank bailouts, which though large, were quickly recouped and at this point, taken in isolation, have cost the country very little. Obama more directly owns other chunks of the debt -- attributable largely to the stimulus, the tax deal and arguably his continuation of the wars. But the figures are fairly small compared to the overall debt, the vast bulk of which was baked into the cake when he took office.

Much More: Economists: GOP Cites Deeply Flawed CBS Report To Blame Debt On Obama | TPMDC

Righties hate numbers. THey prefer feelings. Change the thread to "I'm an awesome-o patriot!"

Oh shit, you're right. I remember they even presented a budget with no numbers...

Only up tight elite liberals in ivory towers - and their fancy lawyers - use numbers. Us normal joe-the-plumber Americans prefer to eyeball it, like men. Numbers are for fucking pussies.

2006 Democrats win both houses of Congress...lets start there...

Last edited:
Did you actually read that blog before you posted it?

What a ridiculous pile of B.S.

These guys will say anything to deflect from the truth.

And here it is...the truth...Debt to GDP Ratio...Obama vs. Bush:

800px-Federal_debt_to_GDP_-_2000_to_2010.png

File:Federal debt to GDP - 2000 to 2010.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If we cant all agree Obama owns about 1/4th of this debt then we are toast as a supposedly educated nation.

no way Obama run up 14 trillion in debt in just under three years. I know some wish this to be true. It is not.

to be honest with you all, I took a job overseas the week Bush won his second term. For me and my family, the writing was on the wall with Bush. As a nation we could not afford his decisions and mistakes. Sorry to say, whom ever won this last election would be in deep trouble with the voters.

anyhow, best decision I ever made. But seeing this economy go down hill was clear to see in 2004.

lol, I get three free trips a year via ATI, im ex USAF bud. I can come home when I feel like it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back