Economically I'm ultra far left

Economically speaking, most folks in America spend all their discretionary income. They live pay check to pay check. That's why a twenty cents increase in the price of gas/gallon, matters.
Which makes them....? Which makes them....? Economic idiots.

The pig doesn't know WHY he is so hungry...he just is.

Given the opportunity the pig will consume everything because it is there.

But that's exactly what is happening... since she is in her 90's, she's long ago exhausted whatever was put into Social Security/Medicare on her behalf.

How is it not?

As a vet, there are a whole slew of Veteran's benefits I can access. Loans, hospitalizations, business preferences, etc. I did get a VA loan for my current residence, but I'm not doing that for my next one. I've considered getting a Veteran Owned designation for my business, but I'm not sure that would be really helpful, but I can see where it is for some businesses.

Now, here's the gag. 11 years in, I never got anywhere near a testy foreigner trying to kill me. I actually did exactly what I've done for the last 30 years since in the civilian world- sat behind a desk and processed paperwork. I should get lifetime benefits for that, not to mention hiring preferences?

It is not because one does not have to be middle class to use it, it is not because less than 6% of the entire country are Vets.

Are they?

Most people just want to have a roof over their heads and food on the table. If left to the right, they'd have a hard time doing that.

Used to be, you graduated high school, you joined a union, you were able to make a living wage and start a family.

Today, thanks to the wonders of conservatism, you leave college with a mountain of debt, you end up in a job with no protections, and you maybe put off having a family until your 30's when the Biological clock is ticking down.

I agree, the 47% who keep voting Republican are fucking idiots economically.
Most people do not understand the 'Whys' and 'Hows' of economics.

They only understand that 'money make happy'.

The fool should never dictate.

The fool should be dictated to.

Most people are economically illiterate, fools.

. . . and that demand is driven by what?

By the fact that you can't get a good job without a BA.

Now, I worked in Purchasing in 2008, when the last Republican Recession hit.

In my department, we had myself with my Bachelor's degree in History, my buddy who had only some city college, and a lady with no college at all. We were all downsized.

I was able to land a new Gig within a month.

My buddy who had no college, took about a year to get a new job.

The lady with no college, I don't know if she ever got a new job or not. Simply all purchasing jobs now require at least a bachelors. She had far more experience in purchasing than either of us.

So knowing that you need a BA to get a good life, yes, demand is up.

I support working less hours and days a week but with bigger payment I support welfare for everyone even the ones who work but don't earn above a certain amount so they can afford more some work but can not make a end with their bills I support free free housing for homeless free healthcare and to do that I support taxing the rich I support minimum taxes for the poor and low income classes

The reality is that for business to function, there needs to be certain conditions, and one of those is that people actually feel they need to work. If people don't feel they need to work, they'll not work very hard and become unproductive, which means they're not worth anything at all.

The best way of looking at it is if there was nothing, you lived in a tribe in the wilderness, how much work would you need to do?

Most people do not understand the 'Whys' and 'Hows' of economics.

They only understand that 'money make happy'.

The fool should never dictate.

The fool should be dictated to.

Most people are economically illiterate, fools.

Um. Okay.

Then why is it nearly every recession is caused by the Wall Street Masters of the Universe who are supposedly so much more economically knowledgeable than the rest of us?

No, but I promise you, the Guy with the cardboard sign isn't going to get a VA loan or a Veteran's business preference. If he's lucky, he might get into a VA hospital that doesn't kill it's patients.

If that guy with the sign is a vet then he has the same chance to get them as the rest of us.

/----/ Then we should all plant a money tree in our back yards. Problem solved.

Or we can make sure the money we do have is fairly distributed.

The bottom 40% in this country control less than 1% of the wealth.

The middle 20% in this country control 5% of the wealth.

The next to top 20% control 8% of the wealth. (I think with my current income, this is where I fall, but I have to work 80 hours a week to get there.)

The top 20% control 87% of the wealth.
The top 1% control 43% of the wealth.

It's not an issue of "money Trees", it's how wealth is distributed.

If that guy with the sign is a vet then he has the same chance to get them as the rest of us.

Well, no, he kind of didn't.

As I said. All I did in the service was sit behind a desk and file paperwork.

I never got injured or shelled or suffered from PTSD or maybe an addiction because the Army gave me Go pills to stay alert in Afghanistan.

So Sgt. Joe can get that VA loan he probably doesn't need, and Private Cardboard Sign is on a waiting list to be seen at a VA hospital for his substance abuse problem.

I would still like one of the people who agree with the OP to define "rich"

I support working less hours and days a week but with bigger payment I support welfare for everyone even the ones who work but don't earn above a certain amount so they can afford more some work but can not make a end with their bills I support free free housing for homeless free healthcare and to do that I support taxing the rich I support minimum taxes for the poor and low income classes
I don't support the idea that the hours I put in for school and work would be used to throw money at laggards and layabouts.

What you might be failing to consider is the fact that government policies change people's behavior, Morty.

High taxes reduce risk taking and innovation. High welfare benefits increase slothfulness among a significant proportion of the population.

It would be a different world indeed, one with a lot less opportunity, a lot less wealth, if a high taxation/ high welfare payment model is established.

They should only get housing support if they properly clean & maintain it and yard and common areas and don't commit crimes. Only free healthcare if they properly diet, hygiene, exercise & take vaccines.

Tax ALL imports & wealthy to pay for it.

^^^^^^
The libturd creed of life............................I WANT TO WORK LESS AND SIPHON A HELLUVA LOT MORE!!!!!

Economically, most people are far left.

If we decided elections on purely economic issues, the Democrats/Liberals/whatever would win every time.

Sadly, we have social issues to keep the right in business playing on people's religious, racial and sexual fears.

You have it COMPLETELY opposite. I have never met an independent that describes themselves as fiscally liberal and socially conservative. Most independents are exactly the opposite. They vote for Democrats because of social issues.

NOBODY with a brain or not indoctrinated votes for Democrats for economic issues. They are economically illeterate.

Are they?

Most people just want to have a roof over their heads and food on the table. If left to the right, they'd have a hard time doing that.

Used to be, you graduated high school, you joined a union, you were able to make a living wage and start a family.

Today, thanks to the wonders of conservatism, you leave college with a mountain of debt, you end up in a job with no protections, and you maybe put off having a family until your 30's when the Biological clock is ticking down.

I agree, the 47% who keep voting Republican are fucking idiots economically.

We are idiots for wanting to keep more of the money we make? Democrats are the issue. Of course, they are going to vote to take more of my money. That doesn't make the smart, just lazy and greedy.

Forum List

Back