"Economic stimulus" explained!

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
Sometime this year, we taxpayers will again receive another 'Economic
Stimulus' payment.

This is indeed a very exciting program, and I'll explain it by
using a Q & A format:

Q. What is an 'Economic Stimulus' payment ?

A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money ?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money ?

A. Only a smidgen of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment ?

A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?

A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.S. economy by
spending your stimulus check wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China or Sri Lanka ..

* If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.

* If you purchase a computer, it will go to India , Taiwan or China .

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico ,
Honduras and Guatemala ..

* If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea .

* If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan ..

* If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:

1) Spending it at yard sales, or

2) Going to ball games, or

3) Spending it on prostitutes, or

4) Beer or

5) Tattoos.

(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S. )

Conclusion:

Go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard
sale and drink beer all day !

No need to thank me, I'm just glad I could be of help.

Actually, thanks to the first stimulus we still have great US cars- we still have computer stuff. But thanks for the depression and ruining the non-rich for 30 years....

Ford's Rule: "Pay the workers as much as you can, to stimulate demand"...Pubs and Voodoo: "Screw em all" LOL!

Actually, thanks to the first stimulus we still have great US cars- we still have computer stuff. But thanks for the depression and ruining the non-rich for 30 years....

Ford's Rule: "Pay the workers as much as you can, to stimulate demand"...Pubs and Voodoo: "Screw em all" LOL!

Can I have what you're smoking?

Sometime this year, we taxpayers will again receive another 'Economic
Stimulus' payment.

This is indeed a very exciting program, and I'll explain it by
using a Q & A format:

Q. What is an 'Economic Stimulus' payment ?

A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money ?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money ?

A. Only a smidgen of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment ?

A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.S. economy by
spending your stimulus check wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China or Sri Lanka ..

* If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.

* If you purchase a computer, it will go to India , Taiwan or China .

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico ,
Honduras and Guatemala ..

* If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea .

* If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan ..

* If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:

1) Spending it at yard sales, or

2) Going to ball games, or

3) Spending it on prostitutes, or

4) Beer or

5) Tattoos.

(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S. )

Conclusion:

Go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yard
sale and drink beer all day !

No need to thank me, I'm just glad I could be of help.

Lol!! I've got to write this down....soooo funny! But sadly true!!

Truth and one of the main reasons that stimulus spending is doing NOTHING. The dems will have none of it though, they will simply insist that we saved millions of jobs even though we actually lost jobs...

Thanks for the laugh.

obaaaaamamk7.jpg

:) It has been said that all real humor has a grain of truth at its center.

But unfortunately, however amusing, the joke is on us.

The last stimulus that will cost well over a trillion dollars after the increased debt is services was supposed to keep unemployment at no higher than 8%, was supposed to save and create millions of jobs that were shovel ready to repair roads and other infrastructure, renovate dilapidated schools, weatherize homes, and regeneate American manufacturing. That was the promise made to us. It would work!!!!

What did we get?

Payoffs to croniess, voting consttuencies, and big contributors, 100,000 new federal and state government jobs while the private sector was losing more than 8 million jobs, higher taxes, official unemployment stuck at between 9 and 10 percent--the actual rate at something close to 20%. . . .

. . . . government ownership of banks and auto companies, a housing market that has not been so depressed since the Great Depression and more bank failures and foreclosures looming, the soaring of the national debt to $14+ trillion with spending continuing unabated, trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see with promised spending cuts not even on the drawing board yet resulting in a downgrade of the country's stellar AAA credit rating which will further exacerbate the debt. . . .

and a jobs czar whose corporation has not paid any U.S. taxes in three years and that continues to ship thousands of U.S. jobs overseas. If they actually exist--nobody has identified where they are--the number of jobs claimed saved by the government cost us about $225,000 each. How many of you earn $225,000? And of the government monies distributed? Some of it went to non existent congressional districts in a couple of dozen states. God only knows who pocketed that money.

So okay. The American people were royally had.

But here comes the funny part:

Last Thursday night President Obama wants Congress to pass RIGHT AWAY another almost $500 billion in spending to rebuild infrastructure, renovate schools, and put people back to work.

And they'll really do it this time too.

Uh huh.

Last edited:

And it worked to. Henry Ford was quite proud of the fact that his workers could afford to buy the product they made/sold/maintained. He faught the Unions Tooth and Nail to, even having his own goon squad in Detriot to thump up union reps. Suddenly though as business got better and profits increased he embraced the Unions and worked with them, that was persistant untill his death.

Used to be a man could earn a good living in this country, and a days work got a days pay. Now though a days work gets you just enough to make it to work the next day.

Capitol gets rewarded though. No capitol, your just SOL.

Truth and one of the main reasons that stimulus spending is doing NOTHING. The dems will have none of it though, they will simply insist that we saved millions of jobs even though we actually lost jobs...

Bush gave us two stimulus payments, did they fail also?

Bush gave us two stimulus payments, did they fail also?

That was done to get Democratic support and yes, they did fail.
Every measure that is temporary and targeted fails. Obama hasn't figured this one out yet.

The dupes don't know history, or anything else. So they repeat the boom and bust , and the downward spiral, all the time. The rich do great though...common sense my azz...

And it worked to. Henry Ford was quite proud of the fact that his workers could afford to buy the product they made/sold/maintained. He faught the Unions Tooth and Nail to, even having his own goon squad in Detriot to thump up union reps. Suddenly though as business got better and profits increased he embraced the Unions and worked with them, that was persistant untill his death.

Used to be a man could earn a good living in this country, and a days work got a days pay. Now though a days work gets you just enough to make it to work the next day.

Thanks for that amusing fictional history of Ford Motor company. I really laughed hard at it.

Here's the truth. Henry Ford fought the unions until FDR rammed them down his throat. The only people he "thumped" were union goons who were trespassing on his property and beating up his employees.

The stimuli did great, jist need 400 billion more to get over the job hump...the dupes are brainwashed on the debt.

Greenspan friday: " If you have to raise the debt to produce jobs, DO IT!!" Shytte happens when the a-holes start a DEPRESSION!!

So far the only Obamacrat stimulus that worked in the USA is EBT "Food Stamps" because food is still produced in the good old USA. If they would actually build some infrastructure it might help also.

Unemployment & welfare only stimulates China, India & the Middle East.

Ford paid $5/day , believed in paying as much as possible. Voodoo has screwed the non rich, outsourced,and now ruining demand. Myopic, stupid greedy pubs and their silly dupes.

I grew up in an era in which, for the family just starting out, a day's work every work day for a month ususally paid the rent, made the car payment if one was necessary, allowed for some modest furniture, a black and white TV, a kitchen range, a modest size refrigerator, enough groceries to stave off starvation, quarters for the laundromat, and maybe a little left over for a movie or ballgame, something for the offering plate on Sunday, and a bit to tuck away for a downpayment on a house someday. Few families had a second car or could afford a washer/drayer, dishwasher, or any of that stuff. We beat stuff with an old fashioned manual rotary egg beater. Few owned a credit card. Workouts were tending a large garden in the summer and chopping wood and shoveling snow in the winter. For the most part it was paycheck to paycheck.

There were essentially no government benefits or subsidies.

And we counted ourselves fortunate, even blessed, because we knew if we worked hard, improved ourselves, saved up, and lived right, we could expect to do better later on. And we did.

Now too often young families starting out want a NICE place, NICE furniture, color digital HD TV and a wall full of stereo equipment, computers, Ipad, game pad, Wii, everybody wants their own car, washer/dryer, freezer and refrigerator, trash compactor, electric dishwasher, gym membership, and money to eat out, party on the weekends, and travel. Sometimes a boat.

And they live paycheck to paycheck with a large credit card debt to boot.

I don't think it's any harder to make a living now than it used to be. It's just that people want a so much better living now.

A. Shut up.

From FDR to Reagan - Lemme explain...

The Left (the real Left) is the party of Labor (average workers). The Right is the party of Capital (wealthy business owners and share holders).

When the Left ran the country - during the postwar era - American capital was tied to American Labor. Because of government mechanisms, the profit of Capital trickled into higher wages/benefits/entitlements of American Labor. This meant that middle class could afford to buy what they produced. Because of this, America created the greatest consumption economy on earth. The economy grew in the 50s and 60s like never before.

When the middle class has money to spend, the capitalist must innovate and add jobs to capture that money. It's a virtuous cycle.

In the early 70s, when Germany and Japan began to re-assert their industrial power, American capital grew restless. They wanted cheaper operating costs. They were sick of expensive American labor. So ... they started investing in a political party. The result was Ronald Reagan, who was sent to Washington to discipline Labor on behalf of capital.

American capital wanted the kind of labor you can only get from a highly repressive regime which pays workers pennies a day. (Remember: the cheaper the labor costs, the higher the profit)

What did Reagan do? He crushed Labor and freed American capital to harvest 3rd world sweatshop labor. [Remember, remember, remember: the point of capitalism is to secure a higher return on investment - that is, the point of capitalism is cheap labor. Cheap labor = higher return on investment]

Meaning: Reagan freed Nike and Jordache (and all American manufacturing) to move their production to dictator-run, human-rights-abusing countries. In the front of the house Reagan was fighting terrorism -- BUT, BUT, BUT: in the back of the house, ol' Ronnie was helping big business create partnerships with those same 3rd world terrorists. Why? Because that is where the cheap labor is. Duh? In the front of the house Reagan was fighting communism; in the back of the house he was helping Walmart secure cheap labor form communist China. (Meanwhile, business, through movement conservatism, was investing in popular media, which was paid to cover-up the mess. Pop media (later talk radio) propped Reagan up as a patriot who was fighting the evil 3rd world & the evil communists - meanwhile (off camera) ol' Ronnie was helping his big business donors create powerful partnerships with those same evil doers: brilliant!)

The GOP has convinced their idiot base that the Republican Party is patriotic. However, everyone knows that the Republican party serves the interest of Capital, which wants 3rd world labor, that is, capital doesn't want to make America stronger, it merely wants more profit wherever it can be obtained. If American Capital has to sell the American worker down river to make more money, than so be it. Do you remember when Reagan signed the largest amnesty bill in American history? He did this to break American Labor - to give capital cheap Mexican Labor. Meanwhile, talk radio uses the very illegal immigration their party created in order to mobilize their idiot base around foreign demons. It's a shell game and it requires useful idiots.

The point of the GOP is to give American Capital access to 3rd world terrorist sweatshop labor. [Remember: capitalism requires the highest possible return on investment, so it requires the cheapest possible labor costs]

There is no American manufacturing because the GOP crushed American labor in order to give capital cheaper investment costs. It was Reagan's dream to open borders and let capital flee to Mexico so that shareholders could realize higher returns. The Democrats are not innocent either. Clinton turned his back on unions and labor with NAFTA. Both parties sided with Reagan and Capital. Both parties have been captured by profit's desire to harvest 3rd world labor.

The country is run by big business, and big business has no use for American Labor.

Problem is: without American Labor (and I'm not talking about Walmart jobs that don't pay enough for workers to consume), there can be no American consumption. This means the American economy lacks consumers and will go through a series crises. Every president has and will attempt to pump easy money into the wallets of consumers, but this never works because only solid jobs create solid consumers. But American capital does not want to pay for solid American jobs: it would much rather get cheaper labor from dictator-lead countries which oppress their workers. (Where do you think ultra cheap labor comes from? What kind of political conditions create ultra cheap labor, pennies a day? Freedom? Nope. Morons)

By giving capital cheap labor, the Reagan Revolution fired the American consumer. You created a structural flaw that we tried to fix with credit cards. We even turned our homes into ATMs in order to make up for disappearing wages and benefits. It got so bad that we destroyed the economy long term. Thanks Ron!

Last edited:
I'm not willing to give Ron all the credit but I think your story is pretty accurate. Our economy doesn't really need jobs. America needs people with money. I say pass it out--large bills will be fine.

A. Shut up.

From FDR to Reagan - Lemme explain...

The Left (the real Left) *blah blah blah, hackery bullshit, blah blah evil GOP more hackery bullshit...*
Ya, that's why the democrats have been onboard with free trade as well. They must have been GOP spies. Face it, the movement of labor overseas is neither a left or right agenda, it is shared by both parties. That has nothing to do with Ragan or any other president specifically to be quite honest. It has been a function of modern times and a piece of the puzzle that people don't seem to understand but don't go the hackery way of hefting this on an ideology. Neither ideology ascribes to a free trade system yet both live and die by it. I don't see any aspirations of Obama that would address this problem. I have never even seen a democrat talk about it seriously. Nor a republican.

Forum List

Back