eBay Won’t Sell Dr Seuss, But You Can Buy Mein Kampf

Cant show an Asian wearing a conical hat that millions of Asians wear everyday! Leftists love their books!

View attachment 464381

There are 9,131 listings on ebay for Dr Seuss books.
Education is important.

Ebay is free to make it's own business decision
I wish you were consistent on that. But you arent.
Its all about sides with you people.

Another unfounded claim. The family that owns the rights to the 6 works have the right to not publish them as well. If you own a copy of one of them you can sell it to whomever you please.

IMO it's stupid. What's next, canceling caricature art and artists? If that's woke, don't wake me.
Annie Reneau states in her article, “Dr. Seuss Estate Says It Will Stop Publishing 6 Books With 'Hurtful and Wrong' Depictions”:

“While there has been a predictable uproar about "canceling" or "banning" Dr. Seuss, this move to remove the problematic books came from the Dr. Seuss estate itself, not some amorphous "cancel culture" mob. It's only six books out of 50 that will no longer be published so they don't keep putting out hurtful images. Some parents and educators have decided there are other authors they prefer to use to help kids learn to read due to Geisel's history—but that's not the same as banning his books. Some libraries and school districts have stopped highlighting Dr. Seuss books, but they are still available on the shelves.”

Despite the fact it was a decision made by managers of the author’s estate, the trump Nazis made a big stink using their “cancel culture” bullsh!t. As usual, the facts made no difference to the trump Nazis. To them, facts are just pesky little details that can easily be ignored.

I can't disagree with any of that. I was being a bit hyperbolic while looking at some old caricature arts book I have.. Books go out of print for various reasons all the time.

What I am most concerned about is how we are going backwards and trying to judge history and historical figures based on current values and social norms.

eBay Won’t Sell Dr Seuss
LIAR!!!!!
Common for Leftards to be uneducated.
WOW! The Trump Street Journal, now there is a source for you.

I can't disagree with any of that. I was being a bit hyperbolic while looking at some old caricature arts book I have.. Books go out of print for various reasons all the time.

What I am most concerned about is how we are going backwards and trying to judge history and historical figures based on current values and social norms.

But the left does that all the time. It's why they are running around the country tearing down statues.

If you could go back in time say 50 years ago to to a public place like a bar, and tell them what year you were from, and explain that by 2021, you could get more time in jail for beating your dog than beating your wife, they would have kicked you out of the place. Nobody would believe it.

But the left does that all the time. It's why they are running around the country tearing down statues.

If you could go back in time say 50 years ago to to a public place like a bar, and tell them what year you were from, and explain that by 2021, you could get more time in jail for beating your dog than beating your wife, they would have kicked you out of the place. Nobody would believe it.

Liberals find that history destroying behavior as unacceptable here as it was when the Taliban destroyed it's ancient relics of the past. You don't have to destroy them to remove them from public spaces. They should be kept as a grim reminder of our past inhumanity to our fellow man.

I just did a Dr Seuss search on eBay and they were still coming up for sale.

So did you purchase any? This doesn't mean that sales transactions are approved.
Why would they allow the items to be for sale if they won’t allow their sales?

Why not? Appearances?
Apparently the hubbub is about only a specific few books.

Only a few NOW!

This is the mindset at the beginning of the path that leads to totalitarianism.
I’m not agreeing with the decision at all. I’m just pointing out that this is being argued as though it’s all Dr Seuss books when it’s currently only a few.
NAZIS didn’t burn all books either.
I said I didn’t agree with it. Censorship is censorship whether partial or comprehensive. I’m against both.
Problem here is that this Dr Seuss issue was being presented as though all Dr Seuss books have been censored.

So did you purchase any? This doesn't mean that sales transactions are approved.

Why not? Appearances?

Only a few NOW!

I’m not agreeing with the decision at all. I’m just pointing out that this is being argued as though it’s all Dr Seuss books when it’s currently only a few.
I said I didn’t agree with it. Censorship is censorship whether partial or comprehensive. I’m against both.
Problem here is that this Dr Seuss issue was being presented as though all Dr Seuss books have been censored.
Not all the books were burned, what’s the big deal?
1615230835506.jpeg

Why not? Appearances?

Only a few NOW!

View attachment 465480
Did someone drop you on your head?

Why not? Appearances?

Only a few NOW!

View attachment 465480
Did someone drop you on your head?
Your whataboutism

Liberals find that history destroying behavior as unacceptable here as it was when the Taliban destroyed it's ancient relics of the past. You don't have to destroy them to remove them from public spaces. They should be kept as a grim reminder of our past inhumanity to our fellow man.

Correct. You can't learn from mistakes made if you forget what those mistakes were when they happened.

Forum List

Back