Easy Oat Banana Pankcakes

buttercup

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2010
I just had these this morning, and they're always really guuud. They're also super easy to make. I put together this little recipe video a few years ago... and this one has only 3 ingredients, but if you want you can add a little vanilla and a dash of salt.

If for some reason that doesn't play for you, here's the YouTube version which is a little longer:

It needs to be a rule that if you're putting a vegan recipe out there you should warn us.

It's not really a "vegan" recipe, it's just a recipe that happens to have no animal ingredients in it. It has 3 simple ingredients... do you have something against oats, banana and almond milk?

It needs to be a rule that if you're putting a vegan recipe out there you should warn us.

It's not really a "vegan" recipe, it's just a recipe that happens to have no animal ingredients in it. It has 3 simple ingredients... do you have something against oats, banana and almond milk?

Not at all.
In fact some of the best food I've ever eaten was from a Rastafarian Ital Chef in Jamaica.
Unfortunately most vegan dishes fail miserably.

I also love oats!!!

Not at all.
In fact some of the best food I've ever eaten was from a Rastafarian Ital Chef in Jamaica.
Unfortunately most vegan dishes fail miserably.

I also love oats!!!

I love oats too. And honestly I've had a completely different experience than you, but it depends on the restaurant or the recipe you're trying. But I don't want this thread to turn into a discussion on veganism, so that's all I'm going to say about that.

Vanilla rules. Always got some. Make it. Get grade B madascar beans, fleabay fine. Slice them a bit, put in a jar with vodka, Couple months best ever. Can't buy vanilla like it.

I just had these this morning, and they're always really guuud. They're also super easy to make. I put together this little recipe video a few years ago... and this one has only 3 ingredients, but if you want you can add a little vanilla and a dash of salt.

If for some reason that doesn't play for you, here's the YouTube version which is a little longer:

Nice, I want to try that. I would say that a recipe shows what ingredients are in it, any could see if they want that or not, especially if only three ingredients, and not having animal products in it does not make it suitable for just vegans, anybody would be eating some things that do not have animal products, there is really no sense of needing some warning that such things are "vegan".

I have used banana in oatmeal, if not other fruit in it. And I have been having the oatmeal on many days recently. But now that really warm days are coming, I think of blending banana and oat milk with maybe some other nice thing for a chilled drink.

Those look good and healthy. I see what my family thinks.

They are! My roommate can't eat regular pancakes because the flour or something in them messes up her stomach, but she said these are the only pancakes she can eat. Thanks TIR!
Probably celiac. My old girlfriend died in 2016 of complications of celiac. Very sad. She was way too young.

Nice, I want to try that. I would say that a recipe shows what ingredients are in it, any could see if they want that or not, especially if only three ingredients, and not having animal products in it does not make it suitable for just vegans, anybody would be eating some things that do not have animal products, there is really no sense of needing some warning that such things are "vegan".

I have used banana in oatmeal, if not other fruit in it. And I have been having the oatmeal on many days recently. But now that really warm days are coming, I think of blending banana and oat milk with maybe some other nice thing for a chilled drink.

Thanks! And yeah, with warm weather coming up I'll have to get back to making smoothies, I haven't done that for a while. Btw, I made another recipe video that you might want to check out. Here it is:

Forum List

Back