Eastern Vs Western Ideas of Happiness.

68y6c6.jpg

Stoicism And Taoism: The 3 Major Differences And Similarities​

The ancient philosophies of nature

Stoicism and Taoism in comparison

Table-Stoicism-Taoism-768x422.jpg

Buddha, Confucius and Tao stuck their finger into a barrel of vinegar and they all took a taste and Buddha had a bitter face because life is bitter, Confucius had a sour face because life was sour and Tao had a smile on his face because life can be sour and bitter but the sweetness always comes through…

Life is not long and it is truly short for many so the fleeting moments we have we waste them on things that matter not while ignoring the most important things and that is love and happiness and when you have them both then wealth will come…

I know the absolute secret to happiness, which I detail in great length on my website.

Fortunately, for all the misbegotten posters here, I do take paypal.

Eastern Vs Western Ideas of Happiness​

To put it simply:
  • WESTERN HAPPINESS is a big bank account, beautiful home and lovely wife.
  • EASTERN HAPPINESS is a state of mind.
The Asian best understands that one may be happy anywhere at anytime doing anything. It is a state of being, not any particular thing or goal.

While our biggest enemies are nature, death and God, which we cannot solve or defeat, we compete and fight with each other. As an agnostic, we must be realistic that if there is a god, we have no choice but to be humane, wise and rational, united against humanity's greatest enemy, god.

Death, Sickness and God concept.

And billions of people trying to pay taxes-wages to God spiritually and materially. People who have developed with the civilization - mass experience of humanity and who have survived the problems and disability, attribute both their poverty and wealth to God.

As someone who survived his hydrocephalus surgery thanks to Civilization and Development, why should I thank God instead of humanity's social development and benevolence? If God is sending us to test us, how can he help? Can he be impartial if it helps?

Last edited:
68y6c6.jpg

Stoicism And Taoism: The 3 Major Differences And Similarities​

The ancient philosophies of nature

Stoicism and Taoism in comparison

Table-Stoicism-Taoism-768x422.jpg

Taoism is based on nondualism so there is no mind/ body separation. When there is dualism there is no flow.

Forum List

Back