Easter Sunday

Going to Church today?

• Yes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
How many threads are you people going to make about this pagan holiday?

☭proletarian☭;2173693 said:

Try Jewish holiday - Easter is basically a reworking of the Passover holiday, is it not?

No doubt Pagans also celebrated the beginning of spring - who doesn't - but modern Easter has far more in common with Jewish Pesach.

☭proletarian☭;2173693 said:

Try Jewish holiday - Easter is basically a reworking of the Passover holiday, is it not?
There is much in a name.

Ēostre -> Ēastre -> Easter

Eostre was also known in the ancient world, depending on your exact geographic location, as Astarte, Ashtoreth, and Asherah. It's merging with Christ's teachings goes back to old heresies that taught that YHWH was also El and ruled beside his female counterpart- his Asherah.

Like most holidays (the word itself a corruption of holy days) coopted by the Universal Roman Church, its roots lie not in the Torah or Bible or any of God's works, but in the false teachings of Lucifer, the god of this world.

lol @pol...thanks for explaining that....we of course are doing a big meal...family , friends, drinking...laughing...fussing....we may have a new person to make feel awkward....who knows...but yes this is the celebration of spring for pagans....and its a lovely day here.....spring is most welcome....

to my christian friends ....happy easter...

i hope everyone has a peaceful and rewarding day....

I went to church yesterday the seventh day adventist that I am.lol I'm going out to eat with the family today and then going roller skating because I have the night off.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back