Easter Dinner

D

Dis

I'm making Easter dinner for 7 people, 2 kids, and a vegetarian.

What the hell do vegetarians eat for Easter dinner? :eek:

I'm likely making a ham, parsley (red) potatoes, asparagus with a hollandaise sauce, and I don't know what else yet.

I'm likely making a ham, parsley (red) potatoes, asparagus with a hollandaise sauce, and I don't know what else yet.

In my house, the side dishes.

I ain't making a special meal just for them.

Once, we had Thanksgiving at the in-laws. Well, my bro-in-law at the time was a vegetarian. I found out the day before that there would be no turkey, no ham, no meat at the meal. I went "Oh hell no" and got up early that morning and started slow grilling the biggest damn pork tenderloin I could find, basting it in teriyaki sauce and such. Brought that as our "side dish". Bro-in-law wound up eating about a pound of it I think.

I have quite a few vegetarians in my social circle. They are quite happy if I serve a risotto (mushroom or a version with banana squash and mirepoix are favs) or some type of pasta (gnocchi with gorgonzolla sauce, tortellini with pesto, etc.). Often, the meat eaters want the vegetarian selection as a side dish, so I made plenty.

Also - lots of salad.

Ask the vegetarian what they would like to eat, then make that.

My sister in law makes vegetarian lasagna for my daughter and I when we go there for family functions. Or if it's more casual, veggie subs. Don't sweat it, I always hate it when someone makes a big fuss over us being 'vegetarian' and what they should make us to eat. A lot of time the sides are enough to fill up on.

Not rabbits.

Feed 'em a big carrot:

986dzn.jpg

My sister in law makes vegetarian lasagna for my daughter and I when we go there for family functions. Or if it's more casual, veggie subs. Don't sweat it, I always hate it when someone makes a big fuss over us being 'vegetarian' and what they should make us to eat. A lot of time the sides are enough to fill up on.

There are quite a few vegetarian foods I *like*.. they just don't seem suitable for a more formal sit down dinner... burritios, veggie burgers, etc.. And lasagna sitting next to a giant ham just seems wrong. There will be some sort of salad (since I can't live without it), and there will be artisan breads.

Is there a ham version of tofurkey? :lol:

There are quite a few vegetarian foods I *like*.. they just don't seem suitable for a more formal sit down dinner... burritios, veggie burgers, etc.. And lasagna sitting next to a giant ham just seems wrong. There will be some sort of salad (since I can't live without it), and there will be artisan breads.

Is there a ham version of tofurkey? :lol:

Well, there is vegetarian ham. Or just get a tofurkey if you want to stay 'formal.' Though I don't like them, ask the veg if they do! And mashed potatoes without gravy, salad, bread and corn or what not-that's a HUGE meal!

I'm not a vegetarian but I always like the sides in Spring and Summer. (desserts too)

What did you say that address was?

You could just steam some carrots and make a raisin butter sauce on the side which goes really well with the carrots and the ham too!

Carrots should only be eaten raw. If eaten cooked, the only acceptable version are those cooked with a beef roast, onions, and potatoes in an oven for hours. :D

Forum List

Back