Earth's Magnetic Field Is Weakening And May Be Gone By Year 3000

View attachment 192371

A better experiment would be to float 12 magnets on tiny sponges, like your video showed for one, in the leftmost row of this ice cube tray and while they're floating, freeze the water they're floating in.

Next, add new sponges, water and magnets in the next row, rotate the tray 180 degrees and put back in the freezer.

The original ones will stay frozen in place and the 2nd row will freeze with the opposite orientation.

Repeat a 3rd, 4th and 5th time, rotating the tray 180 degrees each time.

When you're done you'll have a pretty clear picture of what happens when the poles reverse.

Your thought experiment doesn't work. The second row would still point to magnetic N even if you rotate the tray 180. Also, you're making the experiment fit your hypothesis instead of fitting your hypothesis to what happens.

Your thought experiment doesn't work

It does. I'm very proud of it.

The second row would still point to magnetic N even if you rotate the tray 180.

Of course it points to magnetic N, that's where it was pointing when it froze.
Now if you fill the third row, put it in the freezer 180 degrees off the previous row,
when it freezes, rows 1 and 3 will point to current N, row 2 will point to current S.

Also, you're making the experiment fit your hypothesis

I'm making an experiment to test my hypothesis. Mine is much better than the clown you linked.

instead of fitting your hypothesis to what happens.

Ummm....you don't fit your hypothesis to what happens, you compare what happens to your hypothesis.

Have you done the experiment? Part of the lesson of the vid was to do the experiment yourself.

>>T: Of course it points to magnetic N, that's where it was pointing when it froze.
Now if you fill the third row, put it in the freezer 180 degrees off the previous row,
when it freezes, rows 1 and 3 will point to current N, row 2 will point to current S.
<<

All the rows would point to magnetic N.

With that, I'll leave now ha ha.

Have you done the experiment?

No.

Part of the lesson of the vid was to do the experiment yourself.

If I thought it would prove something new, maybe I'd do it, but it's already well known that the poles reverse.
And that the evidence can be seen on the sea floor.

Why do you feel that?
Do it with one row. Mark the end of the tray deepest in the freezer N. Mark the end closest the door S.
Magnets on sponges floating in water. Freeze it.
Take it out of the freezer. Add a new row. Put it back in the freezer.
This time, put the end marked S deepest and N closest the door. After it freezes, pull it out.
The painted ends of the magnets will be in the opposite orientation in the 2nd row than in the 1st row.

You first. Age before beauty :biggrin:.

Here's where you can buy K&J Magnetics: Disc/Cylinder Magnets *. Next time your friends come over you can show them your superb scientific knowledge.

(* Note: I'm not promoting anything, but learning real science. I want to do some of the magnet stuff, too ;)).

Great, try my experiment.
Photograph the results.
Post it here.

Your thought experiment doesn't work. The second row would still point to magnetic N even if you rotate the tray 180. Also, you're making the experiment fit your hypothesis instead of fitting your hypothesis to what happens.

I'm making an experiment to test my hypothesis. Mine is much better than the clown you linked.

Ummm....you don't fit your hypothesis to what happens, you compare what happens to your hypothesis.

Have you done the experiment? Part of the lesson of the vid was to do the experiment yourself.

>>T: Of course it points to magnetic N, that's where it was pointing when it froze.
<<

No.

If I thought it would prove something new, maybe I'd do it, but it's already well known that the poles reverse.

Why do you feel that?
Do it with one row. Mark the end of the tray deepest in the freezer N. Mark the end closest the door S.
This time, put the end marked S deepest and N closest the door. After it freezes, pull it out.
The painted ends of the magnets will be in the opposite orientation in the 2nd row than in the 1st row.

Here's where you can buy K&J Magnetics: Disc/Cylinder Magnets *. Next time your friends come over you can show them your superb scientific knowledge.

(* Note: I'm not promoting anything, but learning real science. I want to do some of the magnet stuff, too ;)).

Photograph the results.
Post it here.

Nah, I got my own irons in the fire. It's your experiment.

Besides, I already have got more than half of this figured out.

This subject isn't one to come up daily, but could be important nevertheless. With me, it started because one of the theories given by creation scientists for a young earth is the rapid decay of earth's magnetic field. In 1883, Horace Lamb "postulated that the field was the remnant of some original event and that the decay of this field produced currents which slowed down the decay rate. He developed a rigid mathematical basis for his model using the well-known results of Michael Faraday, the principle of self-induction (inducing a current in a path of good conduction when a field is left to decay).

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Afterwards, around the 1980s, Thomas Lamb was able to collect more data and he, too, predicted the potential decay of the magnetic field. All of this to back up the earth being around 6,000 years old.

The facts are the Earth's magnetic field is still weakening.

What the secular (atheist) scientists have stated is that the Earth's magnetic field is a dynamo and that we are going through a pole reversal, i.e. the magnetic N pole, which is negative, becomes positive, and the magnetic S pole becomes negative. This means the field will be weakening, but since the Earth has been around for 4.5 B years, the dynamo will generate the strength back up again. What this dynamo is and how it works isn't made clear.

I just recently discovered that the Earth's moon and Mars have lost their magnetic fields. Doesn't this mean that Earth's magnetic field isn't a dynamo? What are the differences between Earth's vs Mars vs Earth's moon? It means that I don't want to colonize the moon nor Mars.

The magnetic field protects the earth as a shield and prevents the loss of our atmosphere. It protects us from the harsh solar winds and radiation from the sun. It will likely lead to a loss of our atmosphere.

Creation scientists believe that the earth's magnetic field was given by God, has been decaying and will run out around year 3000. Others think it will last another 16,000 years or so. I don't think there's any argument about the earth's magnetic field weakening.

Evidence of Earth's magnetic field weakening. The EU launched a trio of satellites to study and track Earth's magnetic field in 2013 because they thought the magnetic field was weakening and wanted to know why.

The Earth’s Magnetic Field

Humans will be long gone by then.

What's going to happen?

Scenario From a Je$u$ Salesman

The Rapture. So you better pay for the trip in advance by dropping a wad of dough at your local church, which is God's collection agency.

No, this isn't Rapture. It's too small for Rapture.

<<

No.

Why do you feel that?

Photograph the results.
Post it here.

Nah, I got my own irons in the fire. It's your experiment.

Besides, I already have got more than half of this figured out.

I understand. It ruins the 6000 year old Earth idea............

This subject isn't one to come up daily, but could be important nevertheless. With me, it started because one of the theories given by creation scientists for a young earth is the rapid decay of earth's magnetic field. In 1883, Horace Lamb "postulated that the field was the remnant of some original event and that the decay of this field produced currents which slowed down the decay rate. He developed a rigid mathematical basis for his model using the well-known results of Michael Faraday, the principle of self-induction (inducing a current in a path of good conduction when a field is left to decay).

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Afterwards, around the 1980s, Thomas Lamb was able to collect more data and he, too, predicted the potential decay of the magnetic field. All of this to back up the earth being around 6,000 years old.

What the secular (atheist) scientists have stated is that the Earth's magnetic field is a dynamo and that we are going through a pole reversal, i.e. the magnetic N pole, which is negative, becomes positive, and the magnetic S pole becomes negative. This means the field will be weakening, but since the Earth has been around for 4.5 B years, the dynamo will generate the strength back up again. What this dynamo is and how it works isn't made clear.

I just recently discovered that the Earth's moon and Mars have lost their magnetic fields. Doesn't this mean that Earth's magnetic field isn't a dynamo? What are the differences between Earth's vs Mars vs Earth's moon? It means that I don't want to colonize the moon nor Mars.

The magnetic field protects the earth as a shield and prevents the loss of our atmosphere. It protects us from the harsh solar winds and radiation from the sun. It will likely lead to a loss of our atmosphere.

Creation scientists believe that the earth's magnetic field was given by God, has been decaying and will run out around year 3000. Others think it will last another 16,000 years or so. I don't think there's any argument about the earth's magnetic field weakening.

Evidence of Earth's magnetic field weakening. The EU launched a trio of satellites to study and track Earth's magnetic field in 2013 because they thought the magnetic field was weakening and wanted to know why.

What's going to happen?

Scenario From a Je$u$ Salesman

The Rapture. So you better pay for the trip in advance by dropping a wad of dough at your local church, which is God's collection agency.

No, this isn't Rapture. It's too small for Rapture.

For a Fee, I'll Teach You to Whoosh

But Bible-Bangers can sell it as Rapture.

Updated news!

010-esa-south-atlantic-anomaly-0_1024.jpg

"The Mysterious Anomaly Weakening Earth's Magnetic Field Seems to Be Splitting

PETER DOCKRILL
26 MAY 2020

New satellite data from the European Space Agency (ESA) reveal that the mysterious anomaly weakening Earth's magnetic field continues to evolve, with the most recent observations showing we could soon be dealing with more than one of these strange phenomena."

Creation science shows it is evidence for a young Earth.

"The earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that protects living things from solar radiation. Without it, life could not exist. That’s why scientists were surprised to discover that the field is quickly wearing down. At the current rate, the field and thus the earth could be no older than 20,000 years old.
The earth’s magnetic field is wearing down so quickly that it could be no more than 20,000 years old."

The claim that the magnetic field is self-generating is wrong. Atheist scientists are usually wrong.

Otherwise, we wouldn't be sending expensive satellites up there to study the decay.

The magnetic field HAS to be way older than 20,000 yeears

Then it would be gone. The magnetic field is weakening. What makes you think it would last that long?

I have no idea why today's atheist scientists want to try living on Mars. It would be too harsh to live there for a long time or colonize. The same with Earth's moon. The solar radiation would be a danger.

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Hopefully we will be here in the year 3000 and (maybe) we'll be wiser than now! :smile:

The claim that the magnetic field is self-generating is wrong. Atheist scientists are usually wrong.

Otherwise, we wouldn't be sending expensive satellites up there to study the decay.

The claim that the magnetic field is self-generating is wrong.

How is it generated?

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

I just recently discovered that the Earth's moon and Mars have lost their magnetic fields. Doesn't this mean that Earth's magnetic field isn't a dynamo?
No. It doesn't mean that. When the core cools down, the magnetic field will cease to exist.

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

Oh crap! I put it on my calendar.

wow--so god created stupid shit!!!!!?????
he's a smart guy!
so, is this because of humans sinning???!!!
1590749914848.png

p12_eq1.gif
and
p12_eq2.gif
"

More incompetent ''design'' on the part of the gods,

Forum List

Back