Earth Day Assembly

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
The 16 yo slave was telling me about the "Earth Day" one hour assembly he had attended at school yesterday.

***Understand that I certainly take whatever 16 yo slaves tell me with a grain of salt.***

Anyway, through his customary half-incoherent rambling, and mumbling, and poorly contructed sentences, I was able to distill that among the Student Body there was widespread:

1. Disbelief that "Global Warming" was real.

2. Hatred for President Obama with many birds flying from the audience when his picture was shown.

This is particularly significant given that the school is located in one of the most liberally democratic counties in the country.

I'm adding this to my own gathering data points that do not bode well for liberal democrats in November.

But what do ya'll think of haveing "Earth Day Assemblies" to promote environmental views of global warming with your tax dollars?

Why don't we just cut to the Two Minutes Hate and be done with it?

obama1984.jpg

The 16 yo slave was telling me about the "Earth Day" one hour assembly he had attended at school yesterday.

***Understand that I certainly take whatever 16 yo slaves tell me with a grain of salt.***

Anyway, through his customary half-incoherent rambling, and mumbling, and poorly contructed sentences, I was able to distill that among the Student Body there was widespread:

2. Hatred for President Obama with many birds flying from the audience when his picture was shown.

This is particularly significant given that the school is located in one of the most liberally democratic counties in the country.

I'm adding this to my own gathering data points that do not bode well for liberal democrats in November.

But what do ya'll think of haveing "Earth Day Assemblies" to promote environmental views of global warming with your tax dollars?

Earth Day is not (or was not) linked to Global Warming, but rather is meant to promote awareness of the Earth and the environment.

Earth Day is not political.

Are you against Earth Day? Are you one of those pro-littering people?

Earth Day is not (or was not) linked to Global Warming, but rather is meant to promote awareness of the Earth and the environment.

Personnaly, I like The Earth.

I also like that Starbucks is doing a promo for Eathday: Bring in your own mug and get free coffee.

As I said, I'm reluctant to believe anything that 16 yo says since all teenages are insane to a greater or lesser degree, but the Earth Day Assembly seemed very political (included a pic of Barak Hussein).

I also like that Starbucks is doing a promo for Eathday: Bring in your own mug and get free coffee.

As I said, I'm reluctant to believe anything that 16 yo says since all teenages are insane to a greater or lesser degree, but the Earth Day Assembly seemed very political (included a pic of Barak Hussein).

Was the pic of Baraq Hussein el-Obama really huge like Dude's picture?

Or was it just a picture of him planting a tree that was part of a PowerPoint slideshow?

With Earf Day being taught in gubmint schools, given the current state of affairs with the "education" system, it can't help but be political.

Or was it just a picture of him planting a tree that was part of a PowerPoint slideshow?

I'll ask, and get back to you, but I expect the answer will be something like this:

Me: I want to ask you something about the Eath Day Assembly
Slave: Um
Me: Tell me about the picture of President Obama
Slave: Who?
Me: PRESIDENT OBAMA, of the USA.
Slave: yeah, he is
ME: YES, I KNOW, FOR CHRISTSSAKES.
Slave: So?
ME: Tell me about the picture of President Obama
Slave: What Picture?
Me: :eek:

......well, you see how long this is gonna take, and can imagine the quality of information.

With Earf Day being taught in gubmint schools, given the current state of affairs with the "education" system, it can't help but be political.

Don't litter. Plant a tree. Turn off the lights. Take a shorter shower.

Political?

What would the opposition say?

I'll ask, and get back to you, but I expect the answer will be something like this:

......well, you see how long this is gonna take, and can imagine the quality of information.

So technically you aren't even sure if there was an Earth Day assembly at all. It might have just been a school pride pep rally.

This is Great! I hope they still feel this way when they turn 18 in 2012.

So technically you aren't even sure if there was an Earth Day assembly at all. It might have just been a school pride pep rally.

:eusa_hand:

I think I stated that caveat in the OP.

Do you live in a bubble? Of course Earth Day is Political. It was started by a politician and is now promoted by a network of political organizations and government bodies:

Earth Day Network members include NGOs, quasi-governmental agencies, local governments, activists, and others.

Earth Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Green is the New Red.

Do you live in a bubble? Of course Earth Day is Political. It was started by a politician and is now promoted by a network of political organizations and government bodies:

Earth Day Network members include NGOs, quasi-governmental agencies, local governments, activists, and others.

Green is the New Red.

I was also informed that students were given a some organization that they could contact (DOT?) to have a donation made every time they texted. This seemed like nonsense to me, but in addition, many students texted "Fuck You" to the organization.

Green is the New Red.

If it is political, tell me what the opposing political stance is.

I'd like to point and laugh.

You're right!

I never read the OP. I usually just start posting...most of the time my post is far off topic, but this time, I hit the nail on the head (somewhat).

You're right!

I never read the OP. I usually just start posting...most of the time my post is far off topic, but this time, I hit the nail on the head (somewhat).

Yes, and I restated it in post #4.

Admit it, you don't really read anything before you post, do you?:lol:

Forum List

Back