Early Predictions; Who Will Be Our Next President?

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
Yea, I know we just finished up with this election, and trying to project who will be the next President is likely to bring up all the same names we have heard in the past. I'm more interested in hearing new names, names of potential candidates who may just pop up out of the blue or who we all know but would not expect to actually run. With no incumbent running for re-election, it will be a wide open field for both parties, and even with Republicans taking a hard loss this election, it doesn't mean they can't recapture the White House in 2016. It is very rare that we leave one party in the White House for more than two terms, although it did happen last with Reagan and Bush Sr.

Anyway, here is my dark horse pick; John Boehner

And here is my reasoning. I think Boehner will change course completely and lead the Republican House in a much less combative way, which will lead to Congress actually putting through a decent amount of good legislation. I think by compromising and working with Democrats, that Boehner can lead the way in reducing the deficit, and with that we will see the economy improve a decent amount.

Now, assume that these things were to happen over the next three years. Boehner could claim much of the credit and he could easily throw his hat in the ring for the Republican nomination. If all this worked out as described, he would have to be considered one of the leading candidates.

Yea, I know we just finished up with this election, and trying to project who will be the next President is likely to bring up all the same names we have heard in the past. I'm more interested in hearing new names, names of potential candidates who may just pop up out of the blue or who we all know but would not expect to actually run. With no incumbent running for re-election, it will be a wide open field for both parties, and even with Republicans taking a hard loss this election, it doesn't mean they can't recapture the White House in 2016. It is very rare that we leave one party in the White House for more than two terms, although it did happen last with Reagan and Bush Sr.

Anyway, here is my dark horse pick; John Boehner

And here is my reasoning. I think Boehner will change course completely and lead the Republican House in a much less combative way, which will lead to Congress actually putting through a decent amount of good legislation. I think by compromising and working with Democrats, that Boehner can lead the way in reducing the deficit, and with that we will see the economy improve a decent amount.

Now, assume that these things were to happen over the next three years. Boehner could claim much of the credit and he could easily throw his hat in the ring for the Republican nomination. If all this worked out as described, he would have to be considered one of the leading candidates.

Sounds good for anybody that brokers a peace so both sides get along. I'd like to see posters come together, forget my side vs your side, (I'm guilty of this also). Unite toward 1 or 2 common goals. Maybe #1, stop the deindustrialization of America. Both sides guilty there. Clinton did Nafta, Most Favored Nation for China. Obama has a free trader secretary of commerce, and Obama is for the TPP. Tran Pacific Partnership. Nafta on steroids. Not one word about that during the debates. Probably by mutual consent.
#2. If possible, get money out of politics. Maybe.. No politician or his/her staff members may go to work for a corporation they had dealings with, ever. Mandatory prison for offenders. These 2 for starters.

Forum List

Back