Earliest evidence of surgery found in Stone Age amputation from 31,000 years ago....I call BS

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Earliest Evidence of Surgery Found in Stone Age Amputation

The earliest known evidence of a successful surgery was discovered in skeletal remains of a young adult who lived at least 31,000 years ago, according to a new report.

This individual, whose remains were discovered in the Liang Tebo cave, located in East Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, survived the amputation of their lower left leg just above the ankle most likely when they were a child, an estimated 6 to 9 years prior to their death. Evidence of the successful amputation was determined by the remodeled bone at the site of the amputation and the lack of evidence of infection, which suggests the use of unexpectedly advanced medical practices, reported Tim Ryan Maloney, PhD, of Griffith University in Queensland, Australia, and co-authors.

The discovery predates what was considered to be the earliest evidence of surgery by tens of thousands of years, the team wrote in Nature.

I call BS....For all they know it could have been bit off by a Borneo crocodile, he got away, and the locals patched him up with some herbs or such.

1664058585972.jpeg

Yes, it's all guesswork. Maybe he just got lucky on a lack of infection. And if he had an accident and mangled it and they hacked it off, I'm not really sure that is surgery.

Earliest Evidence of Surgery Found in Stone Age Amputation

The earliest known evidence of a successful surgery was discovered in skeletal remains of a young adult who lived at least 31,000 years ago, according to a new report.

This individual, whose remains were discovered in the Liang Tebo cave, located in East Kalimantan, Indonesian Borneo, survived the amputation of their lower left leg just above the ankle most likely when they were a child, an estimated 6 to 9 years prior to their death. Evidence of the successful amputation was determined by the remodeled bone at the site of the amputation and the lack of evidence of infection, which suggests the use of unexpectedly advanced medical practices, reported Tim Ryan Maloney, PhD, of Griffith University in Queensland, Australia, and co-authors.

The discovery predates what was considered to be the earliest evidence of surgery by tens of thousands of years, the team wrote in Nature.

I call BS....For all they know it could have been bit off by a Borneo crocodile, he got away, and the locals patched him up with some herbs or such.

View attachment 701085

Alien surgery. They've been coming here for at least 31,000 years.

Most of the time they just cut the buttholes out of cows, but sometimes they fix people just to keep us wondering.

Forum List

Back