E-Verify

Zona

A guy in ariZONA
Aug 15, 2009
Phoenix, AZ.
Did you know, Mr. Bush passed a law that states we in Arizona have to enforce this LAW here and since 2008, 6% of businesses actually use it?

Someone said, in Arizona, they were fed up with Washington not doing anything about illegal immigration, but they seemed to forget about that LAW THAT IS ON THE BOOKS that would make it so employers verified citizenship of the workers they are trying to hire.

If they enforced that law, that would greatly reduce the number of illegals working here.

Why not go after the business owners, not the guy in front of Home depot.

I am all for enforcing the laws about employing illegals.

I had 2 businesses, my wife had 3 and neither of us hired illegals.

Think of it this way;

If our so-called leaders went to all the trouble, made all the back-room deals, put up with all the lobbiests, thoght up countless speeches and talking points to garner support for it and endured all the emails, phone messages and letters while they are trying to pass a law, we as citizens should have the decency, sense of duty and at least a minimum of interest to demand that those law be fairly and equally enforced.

Did you know, Mr. Bush passed a law that states we in Arizona have to enforce this LAW here and since 2008, 6% of businesses actually use it?

Someone said, in Arizona, they were fed up with Washington not doing anything about illegal immigration, but they seemed to forget about that LAW THAT IS ON THE BOOKS that would make it so employers verified citizenship of the workers they are trying to hire.

If they enforced that law, that would greatly reduce the number of illegals working here.

You suck at life .......

I sometimes disagree with zona, in fact most of the time. But he does raise a valid point, there has been a law requiring employers to verify citizenship. When I had a business there was no 'everify', but from what I have read, it does work. It has not been enforced in AZ. It should be.

The new law allows anyone who lives or works in AZ, all the municipalities and all the police(men?persons?men and women? what's correct) to challenge the fact that immigration law is not being enforced.
That means that if, like in my town, there is a known "safe house" for those passing through, i, or anyone else can now complain to the state police that the immigration law is not being enforced. If they still refuse to enforce the law, a lawsuit can be filed to force the enforcement of the law.
That applies if you know of a company that hires illegals, complain, lawsuit, enforcement.

I forsee a lot of dirty hotel rooms in my part of AZ until the hotels get slapped with so many penalties it is no longer cheaper to hire illegals. Then they will hire citizens, and will have to pay minimum wage or better.

There is the real threat to tourism, not a boycott. Dirty hotel rooms. Who wants to rent a dirty hotel room?

zona....fail

this bill also goes after the employers, just like the fed bill....in fact it seeks to enforce it

No dumb ass, E-Verify was specifically designed to not allow anyone not a citizen to work here.

This bill will bust you if you pick up a day laborer in front of Home Depot.

Do you even know what E-Verify is?

I sometimes disagree with zona, in fact most of the time. But he does raise a valid point, there has been a law requiring employers to verify citizenship. When I had a business there was no 'everify', but from what I have read, it does work. It has not been enforced in AZ. It should be.

The new law allows anyone who lives or works in AZ, all the municipalities and all the police(men?persons?men and women? what's correct) to challenge the fact that immigration law is not being enforced.
That means that if, like in my town, there is a known "safe house" for those passing through, i, or anyone else can now complain to the state police that the immigration law is not being enforced. If they still refuse to enforce the law, a lawsuit can be filed to force the enforcement of the law.
That applies if you know of a company that hires illegals, complain, lawsuit, enforcement.

I forsee a lot of dirty hotel rooms in my part of AZ until the hotels get slapped with so many penalties it is no longer cheaper to hire illegals. Then they will hire citizens, and will have to pay minimum wage or better.

There is the real threat to tourism, not a boycott. Dirty hotel rooms. Who wants to rent a dirty hotel room?

Depends on the chick.

The bottom line is that this law will be recinded, because it's suppose to be up to the feds to protect the border. The biggest prtoblem with that is that the feds don't protect the border, and has forced Arizona to adopt a means to prtotect the citizens.
I wonder how many people know that Phoenix is the kidnap capital of the world, and that it stems from south of the border?
In a nutshell.....if the feds did their job, Arizona would have never passed a law like this.

You suck at life .......

Excellent, thoughtful input. Outstanding.

Depends on the chick.

I guess you single young guys can think like that.:lol::lol::lol:

You suck at life .......

Straight and to the point as opposed to your lies and rhetoric ....

The bottom line is that this law will be recinded, because it's suppose to be up to the feds to protect the border. The biggest prtoblem with that is that the feds don't protect the border, and has forced Arizona to adopt a means to prtotect the citizens.
I wonder how many people know that Phoenix is the kidnap capital of the world, and that it stems from south of the border?
In a nutshell.....if the feds did their job, Arizona would have never passed a law like this.

This is exactly what I am talking about. I am asking you a question. do you think they would come here if there was no work?

E-Verify is a LAW on the books and only 6% of businesses are using it. Why? Its supposed to be maditory.

No jobs here, no incentive to come. Why wont this state enforce this law that is already in the hooks.

E-Verify makes it so, if you are not a citizen, you wont work. The reason why this state really wont enforce this law is, we make money off illegals.

Period.

Depends on the chick.

I guess you single young guys can think like that.:lol::lol::lol:

I am married.....actually I should have said, it depends on what mood my wife is in. Diiiiirrrrrttttyyyyyy? lol

Fact remains that this AZ State law does little more than require their police officers to actually enforce the Federal laws because the Federal Authorities have forgotten that securing the border is part of national defense and their job.

Ollie for President, I'll seal the damn borders. All of them land air and Sea. One way or another.

This is exactly what I am talking about. I am asking you a question. do you think they would come here if there was no work?

E-Verify is a LAW on the books and only 6% of businesses are using it. Why? Its supposed to be maditory.

No jobs here, no incentive to come. Why wont this state enforce this law that is already in the hooks.

E-Verify makes it so, if you are not a citizen, you wont work. The reason why this state really wont enforce this law is, we make money off illegals.

Period.
I agree. What you are saying is true.
I see the provisions in the new law as a way for each of us to force the law to be enforced.

Straight and to the point as opposed to your lies and rhetoric ....

Do you even know what E-Verify is?

If not, I can help your dumb ass with a link to google. Try it, it works really well. But continue to attack me without even once talking about my point.

Republican.

Arizona passes an immigration law to enforce immigration laws and zona starts a thread that demonizes businesses, shocker ......

Moonbat ....

Period.
I agree. What you are saying is true.
I see the provisions in the new law as a way for each of us to force the law to be enforced.

I am glad you understand this bill. Help me out here...If I see a cop sitting across the street from a home depot lot full of illegals and he doesn't do anything, I can sue him now.

If I picked up my daughter and and her friends from school, and i didn't check all their paperz, and a cop stops me and it turns out one of the girls is an illegal, I could go to jail?

God bless America.

New Topics

Forum List

Back