E-Verify Creates Loophole for Undocumented Workers, Employers

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Five days after Jesus entered the country illegally he had a job at Quality Sausage Co. in west Dallas, using a stolen identity that he said was provided to him by a staffing agency.

"I came here to work and support my family," said Jesus, who was given a pseudonym because he feared retaliation. "My brother and another family member were already working at Quality Sausage, and they said they could get me in so I decided to come."

Jesus, 24, used the name and Social Security number of Adrian Gonzalez, 28, of Fort Worth, for five years to work at the plant. The Star-Telegram found Gonzalez, who said he had no idea that his personal information had been used by Jesus. "I've been fired from jobs and have been accused of crimes I didn't commit because my identity was stolen," Gonzalez said. "I don't know what to do anymore, I think I might need to change my name."

This isn't a new problem. This is an old problem. However, when something is mandated the federal government pays. Well, we still pay but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Five days after Jesus entered the country illegally he had a job at Quality Sausage Co. in west Dallas, using a stolen identity that he said was provided to him by a staffing agency.

"I came here to work and support my family," said Jesus, who was given a pseudonym because he feared retaliation. "My brother and another family member were already working at Quality Sausage, and they said they could get me in so I decided to come."

Jesus, 24, used the name and Social Security number of Adrian Gonzalez, 28, of Fort Worth, for five years to work at the plant. The Star-Telegram found Gonzalez, who said he had no idea that his personal information had been used by Jesus. "I've been fired from jobs and have been accused of crimes I didn't commit because my identity was stolen," Gonzalez said. "I don't know what to do anymore, I think I might need to change my name."

This isn't a new problem. This is an old problem. However, when something is mandated the federal government pays. Well, we still pay but that's not the point I'm trying to make.

E-verify is just a machine, of course machines can be "outsmarted" for those who have motive.

20 years ago congress reared up on its hind legs and created the National No Call List that was widely laughed at and ignored by telemarketers

e-Verify could work but not when its run by incompetent pinheads in washington

This does not work without the assistance of the government. You can't have two people with different names in different parts of the country with the same S.S. The federal government has that info and does nothing.

No, laws not enforced do not work. It's not a "loophole", its a simple refusal to do anything.

1616380196355.png

So long as the government does not hold all those responsible for stealing the identity nothing will change.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Typically the IRS would be the ones to catch this but I am not sure the IRS really cares as long as they are getting money from both people. Who knows. Maybe Jesus will get extra social security benefits when he retires thanks to the illegals paying in for him.

Forum List

Back