Dutch water firm cuts Israel ties after tense PM visit

SherriMunnerlyn

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2012

THE HAGUE (AFP) -- "Dutch water supplier Vitens has ended a partnership with Israeli water company Mekorot due to the "political context", the Dutch company said on Wednesday."

According to this article, the abrupt decision comes days after a visit to the Mekorot offices in Israel by the Netherland's trade minister Lilianne Ploumen was abruptly cancelled.

"In a statement, Vitens said it had come to the conclusion that it was "extremely hard" to work with Mekorot on future projects "because they cannot be taken out of the political context."

The company visit was part of a larger tour of Israel by Prime Minister Mark Rutte that was marred by a dispute over a Dutch-made security scanner on the Gaza border, and this dispute has been reported on by news sources as well.

The Netherlands government official Prime Minister Rutte was to have inaugurated the scanner on the frontier with the strip, but the ceremony was broken off.

Dutch water firm cuts Israel ties after tense PM visit | Maan News Agency

Companies in EU nations and EU governments are increasingly cutting business ties with Israel and Israeli companies because of Israels continuing violations of international laws in Palestine.

This is a beautiful thing to watch!

May the BDS movement and sanctions continue to expand and flourish!

God bless BDS!

THE HAGUE (AFP) -- "Dutch water supplier Vitens has ended a partnership with Israeli water company Mekorot due to the "political context", the Dutch company said on Wednesday."

According to this article, the abrupt decision comes days after a visit to the Mekorot offices in Israel by the Netherland's trade minister Lilianne Ploumen was abruptly cancelled.

"In a statement, Vitens said it had come to the conclusion that it was "extremely hard" to work with Mekorot on future projects "because they cannot be taken out of the political context."

The company visit was part of a larger tour of Israel by Prime Minister Mark Rutte that was marred by a dispute over a Dutch-made security scanner on the Gaza border, and this dispute has been reported on by news sources as well.

The Netherlands government official Prime Minister Rutte was to have inaugurated the scanner on the frontier with the strip, but the ceremony was broken off.

Dutch water firm cuts Israel ties after tense PM visit | Maan News Agency

Companies in EU nations and EU governments are increasingly cutting business ties with Israel and Israeli companies because of Israels continuing violations of international laws in Palestine.

This is a beautiful thing to watch!

May the BDS movement and sanctions continue to expand and flourish!

God bless BDS!

I don't think it is flourishing too well in Germany. Why not tell us what that unioin leader said just recently? Meanwhile, of course, there are people who don't believe in this BDS baloney. Amazing how Mrs. Sherri is still going on with this BDS movement when her friends are busy murdering so many innocant people in different places. Maybe Mrs. Sherri doesn't care what they are doing, but would only say something if she could figure out how to blame the Jews for the murders her friends are doing.

Huge International BDS Fail in Jerusalem | Israellycool

Dutch officials countered that the new machine was supposed to provide a solution to Israel’s security concerns about Gazan exports.

Israel and Netherlands in row over security scanner at Gaza border - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

The Proud. The Stubborn The Conceited. The Obstinate... The Jew.[/quote]

I have a hard time believing that having experienced the demure congeniality of israelis and jews on this board.

Perhaps they are ones who would not rebuff the Dutch, then.

Jews aren't mentioned once. One can disagree with a nation's politics, and not have an issue with its religion. Who are the owners of Vitens? Are the company owners of a religious persuasion, which would raise your suspicions that they are anti-Jewish; or "anti-Semitic?"

We all have to eat, and prefer to live indoors. So if Acme Sophists is hiring, you'll take what you can get. :doubt:

Reading more, it becomes clear it is the EU Guidelines that go into effect January 1 that are causing issues for EU companies to do business with Israel or Israeli companies. What happened with the water company is rather than hassle with trying to negotiate an agreement that satisfied the EU Guidelines it was preferable to cut business ties with Israeli companies.

Reading more, it becomes clear it is the EU Guidelines that go into effect January 1 that are causing issues for EU companies to do business with Israel or Israeli companies. What happened with the water company is rather than hassle with trying to negotiate an agreement that satisfied the EU Guidelines it was preferable to cut business ties with Israeli companies.

So this isn't a "holy war"? That accusation just doesn't seem to be working any longer.

Dutch officials countered that the new machine was supposed to provide a solution to Israel’s security concerns about Gazan exports.

Israel and Netherlands in row over security scanner at Gaza border - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

The Proud. The Stubborn The Conceited. The Obstinate... The Jew.[/quote]

I have a hard time believing that having experienced the demure congeniality of israelis and jews on this board.

I was being sarcastic.

I was being sarcastic.

Cripes, learn how to use the Quote function.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Nicey-nice Jews here aren't the same as Jews over there.

The Dutch got shit upon because their technology is capable of expediting the safe passage of goods and services. None of which is in Israel's interest.

I don't think it is flourishing too well in Germany. Why not tell us what that unioin leader said just recently? Meanwhile, of course, there are people who don't believe in this BDS baloney. Amazing how Mrs. Sherri is still going on with this BDS movement when her friends are busy murdering so many innocant people in different places. Maybe Mrs. Sherri doesn't care what they are doing, but would only say something if she could figure out how to blame the Jews for the murders her friends are doing.

There she goes, trying to hijack the thread and change the subject.

Shhhh. She's protected.

I think the readers rea;oze that Billy really doesn't care how many people are murdered by the Muslims around the world (even when they are murdering other Muslims). He is just interested in seeing Israel and the Jews smeared. To top it off, he actually thinks he is fooling everyone. Naturally, Billy will, since he has all these new friends who have the same mind set as he has, write to the top guy of the Unions in Germany and plead with him to go along with the BDS movement. I wonder how many readers have noticed that since Billy is posting on a Middle East forum, he never ever has anything to say about what is going on in the Middle East unless it involves the Israelis? Doesn't that tell an awful lot about him? So much going on in the Middle East and one would think the way some of the posters carry on that there are only two groups in the Middle East; namely the Israelis and the Palestinians, and nobody else. In reality, the Middle East is a huge piece of property, and there are other groups involved that posters shouldn't overlook. Don't these other people who are, to put it blunty, fearful of their lives have any value to these posters who conveniently ignore them?

I think the readers rea;oze that Billy really doesn't care how many people are murdered by the Muslims around the world (even when they are murdering other Muslims). He is just interested in seeing Israel and the Jews smeared. To top it off, he actually thinks he is fooling everyone. Naturally, Billy will, since he has all these new friends who have the same mind set as he has, write to the top guy of the Unions in Germany and plead with him to go along with the BDS movement. I wonder how many readers have noticed that since Billy is posting on a Middle East forum, he never ever has anything to say about what is going on in the Middle East unless it involves the Israelis? Doesn't that tell an awful lot about him? So much going on in the Middle East and one would think the way some of the posters carry on that there are only two groups in the Middle East; namely the Israelis and the Palestinians, and nobody else. In reality, the Middle East is a huge piece of property, and there are other groups involved that posters shouldn't overlook. Don't these other people who are, to put it blunty, fearful of their lives have any value to these posters who conveniently ignore them?

Thanks Sally, without that explanation I would never have him figured.
Just chill. he's only 1 of over 1.2 billion and most of them aren't even on a forum that doesn't explain how to make a bomb.

Here's an analogy: There are two dogs who will not stop barking. They just keep barking and barking...and your grow tired of hearing it. After scolding them a few times, you decide to find out what they're barking at.

You then discover that your new kitten has himself fortified underneath something which the dogs cannot access; and the dogs are getting aggravated, because he won't stop taunting them. What does one do, in this situation? Would you find the dogs a new home (because they won't stop barking), or do you remove the barricade, so that the kitten will have to....fight a fair fight? Conflict resolution.

That's very nice. However, suppose you have a giant dog who doesn't mind harming the smaller dogs because he feels he can do this because of his size even though the giant dog has a huge piece of property to roam in, but he isn't satisfied with that. You see what is happening all over the Middle East, and how the little dogs (the innocent people being murdered) have no chance at all.

Here's an analogy: There are two dogs who will not stop barking. They just keep barking and barking...and your grow tired of hearing it. After scolding them a few times, you decide to find out what they're barking at.

You then discover that your new kitten has himself fortified underneath something which the dogs cannot access; and the dogs are getting aggravated, because he won't stop taunting them. What does one do, in this situation? Would you find the dogs a new home (because they won't stop barking), or do you remove the barricade, so that the kitten will have to....fight a fair fight? Conflict resolution.

That's very nice. However, suppose you have a giant dog who doesn't mind harming the smaller dogs because he feels he can do this because of his size even though the giant dog has a huge piece of property to roam in, but he isn't satisfied with that. You see what is happening all over the Middle East, and how the little dogs (the innocent people being murdered) have no chance at all.

I posted under the wrong thread. But I reposted and added that if the dogs attempt to tear you and the kitten into shreds, the story then changes.

Forum List

Back