Durbin says Democrats don’t currently have the votes for Obama jobs bill

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Durbin says Democrats don

hat tip to quantum windbag who started a thread-

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...l-bring-up-jobs-bill-sometime-next-month.html

ala Durbin and the difficulty then on Sept. 19 of collecting Democratic Votes for the Jobs Bill.
I update here as I see a doubling down and a subtle message back to Obama from the senate, you are using us, we know you are and, well, sorry but senators last forever, Presidents come and go, sayonara.

Though he understates the issue they have amongst their own caucus, Charlie Cook the non partisan handicapper/prognosticator over at nat. journal estimates in reality there may be as many 12-15 Dem. Senators who won’t touch it.

It’s not a surprise really, the dems have what 22-23? seats to defend next year, DC politics ala Obamas needs don’t match up at the local- state level as the been there done that stimulus ‘thang’ and the class warfare angle is not quite the answer on their level.

I agree.

I wonder is those Senators will be hinting to Barry that its time to pack his bag, move over ala LBJ. They still have time to run with someone else.

Get rid of the failed experiment and run with a better candidate.

Hell. Thats what I would do.

We aren't hearing much from the senate democrat majority these days. Are they busy arguing with each other about whether or not to go down with the president or did Reid order them to stay out of sight?

With the GOP controlling the House, I don't think Obama expected the bill to pass. He's using this as a campaign ploy, to put Republicans strongly on the unpopular side of the issue.

With the GOP controlling the House, I don't think Obama expected the bill to pass. He's using this as a campaign ploy.....
images
...to put Republicans strongly on the unpopular side of the issue.
Only with the Kool-Aid snorting Ozombies, who won't be voting for republicans anyways.

We aren't hearing much from the senate democrat majority these days. Are they busy arguing with each other about whether or not to go down with the president or did Reid order them to stay out of sight?

As the OP posted, 23 of them have their seats up for grabs in '12 and thus face the uncomfortable position of being down-ticket casualties when Barry gets his ass kicked (out of office). Because they realize the phony jobs bill is just another stimulus waiting to fail, their only hope is to be able to campaign on the fact they were against it and then pray they convince enough folks not to vote straight ticket as it would doom them as well.

I update here as I see a doubling down and a subtle message back to Obama from the senate said:
Dreamer, nothing but a Dreamer............................:eusa_liar:

Conservatism: Stunted psychological impairment caused by an irrational fear of reality.

New Topics

Forum List

Back