Dungeons and Dragons Honor Among Thieves

My fiancée and I really want to go see this movie!!! :D

Im scared. They have so far wrecked every DnD movie they have ever made. For some reason they seem to think DnD = cornball humor. How about a serious movie without a single joke anywhere? As soon as they try to get cute, they go off the rails.

Im scared. They have so far wrecked every DnD movie they have ever made. For some reason they seem to think DnD = cornball humor. How about a serious movie without a single joke anywhere? As soon as they try to get cute, they go off the rails.

I never saw the other ones but I heard they did horrible. I'm hoping for the best for this one though. :D

We played D&D for a while in college, well Chivalry and Sorcery most often, a little more simulationist. I went back to war games, but I hear it's a big deal these days; Hasbro owns the brand now. Are any old people still playing? Still popular on Army bases? There was an awful cartoon show based on it back in the day. Didn't last long.

I really want to learn how to play after seeing the preview for this new movie. :D

We played D&D for a while in college, well Chivalry and Sorcery most often, a little more simulationist. I went back to war games, but I hear it's a big deal these days; Hasbro owns the brand now. Are any old people still playing? Still popular on Army bases? There was an awful cartoon show based on it back in the day. Didn't last long.
Im 50 and i still play with my buddies. We started in elementary school. We dont play it cornball style though. We dont do silly voices and do silly things to make people chuckle at the table. We play it as realistically as possible and if you make a silly unrealistic move, our DM will give you a real world reaction from the NPC's. Being silly doesnt usually end up well for the player.

"Fuck around and find out."

We play it as realistically as possible

WEll, that's kind of why we went with C&S; we did the whole bit, from planning acreages for crops, horse breeding, building, etc., all part of defense and war in those days, in fact key to survival. We got to see why the 'agricultural revolution' was so important via modeling. Doesn't sound like a big deal here but it was a big insight for 15 year olds, and made a lot of the history more understandable. We built demographics, production, and logistics into our 30 Years War and Napoleonic pre-games, abstractly, of course.

WEll, that's kind of why we went with C&S; we did the whole bit, from planning acreages for crops, horse breeding, building, etc., all part of defense and war in those days, in fact key to survival. We got to see why the 'agricultural revolution' was so important via modeling. Doesn't sound like a big deal here but it was a big insight for 15 year olds, and made a lot of the history more understandable. We built demographics, production, and logistics into our 30 Years War and Napoleonic pre-games, abstractly, of course.
At this stage we have a custom world map, every major empire/nation is accounted for and we have a custom God set. There are always local factions, kingdoms, city-states, towns, villages and freeports full of pirates.

Our DM is VERY smart, probably genius level if he took an IQ test. He has an incredible grasp of history, which he uses to make his world extremely realistic. He used to own a historical book store. Im not talking about books about history, im talking about physical books that are old as fuck! Like old leather bound captains logs and journals and shit. He eventually sold it all, which made him well over a million bucks!

My fiancee and hopefully sooner than later father in-law are going to teach me how to play this weekend!!! :D

Well, I started learning a bit about it, but I haven't made my character yet. I'll go ahead and do that the week I'm over there for Valentine's Day. :)

Well, I started learning a bit about it, but I haven't made my character yet. I'll go ahead and do that the week I'm over there for Valentine's Day. :)
You should secretly be evil. After your parties first good haul of treasure you should slit everyone's throats while they sleep that night, then take all the loot for yourself. :laugh:

You should secretly be evil. After your parties first good haul of treasure you should slit everyone's throats while they sleep that night, then take all the loot for yourself. :laugh:

Where I'm at right now is the dice and what kind of characters there are lol, but I'm making a new thread about this as the game itself so I can maybe pick up some more stuff about it. :)

I want to see it also but the trailer reminds me too much of Disney style humor and style which turned me off completely.

I miss when action adventure movies could be for adults and kids without having to dumb themselves down. Dragonslayer, beast master, krull were all great fantasy movies that didn't have to pander or be safe.

Ever since marvel movies hit it so big everyone chases their same formula and it makes me not be the least bit interested as it will be like the others. It will have a couple decent moments and that's about it

I want to see it also but the trailer reminds me too much of Disney style humor and style which turned me off completely.

I miss when action adventure movies could be for adults and kids without having to dumb themselves down. Dragonslayer, beast master, krull were all great fantasy movies that didn't have to pander or be safe.

Ever since marvel movies hit it so big everyone chases their same formula and it makes me not be the least bit interested as it will be like the others. It will have a couple decent moments and that's about it
Yep, i cant fucking stand it when they cornball it up. I dont want to see dwarves doing silly things; i want to see them caving in enemy skulls.

My fiancée and I really want to go see this movie!!! :D

I grew up as a kid on Dungeons and Dragons, loved the game. This move I thought was actually very underated by critics, I loved it and thought it was a very entertaining movie. I thought it had a great story, a great plot, great special effects, great costumes, great acting.

Forum List

Back