Duke University professor and co-author of reparations book demand the federal government pay $14 TRILLION to black Americans over a period of 10 year

Why does this have to be forced with so many of you who believe it is the right thing to do?

Everyone who really believes in this should volunteer to pay......Pony up. :popcorn:

As usual, they want someone else to foot the bill for their idiotic/childish ideas.

I'm not culpable, and I'll be the one paying for this joke. If I ever hear anyone supporting this joke, I'll ram their teeth down their throat.

The authors of a book arguing for slavery reparations have demanded that the federal government should fork out an eye-watering $14 TRILLION to the cause.
Duke University professor William A. Darity and writer A. Kirsten Mullen called for the mammoth reparations payout as they argued that the federal government is 'culpable for slavery.'
The opposite occurred. Government never created slavery they did end it though. If anything the Federal Government should compensate the ancestors of slave owners who had their property taken from them. That's what Britain did.

Yet, back wages are due, how many years have you worked for free for your master to improve their economy?

Back wages for what? How many people today have worked for free to improve their master’s economy? I agree, if that is the case, we can look into reimbursing them for their efforts.

Like the people who got reparations from the Holocaust or the interned Japanese -Americans, or the Native American Indians?
Would you like to work for free?
They were still alive, Simp.

Let's discuss reparations for them after reparations are paid to all their traumatized victims of vicious violent crimes.

Reparations for slavery is emotionally satisfying. You know, to atone for the sins of the past, levelling the playing field, etc. Where it breaks down, however, is in the practicality of things. Who gets the money?

1. Only descendants of slaves? Okay, great. At this point there are descendants of slaves who are, for all intents and purposes, completely white. Do they get reparations? If so, some white people will get paid while some black people will not, and riots ensue.
2. All black people? Okay, great. African immigrants arrived in the States last year who never suffered slavery or Jim Crow. Do they get reparations? If so, it's just a handout based on skin color, and riots ensue.
3. White people who identify as black? You know that we're supposed to just accept them. If so, suddenly there will be millions more black people than anyone ever thought and the whole thing becomes a farce. Riots ensue.

How do you define black? Do you have to present a photo ID or show up in person to be judged visually, and who does the judging?

Once you get into the details, it quickly gets very tangled and inevitably there will be situations where somebody gets paid, somebody else doesn't, and riots ensue. Frankly, I don't see many scenarios where that doesn't happen.

Ultimately, I would like to see millionaire Spike Lee go into Appalachia and explain to destitute white coal miners why they owe him money.

Yet, back wages are due, how many years have you worked for free for your master to improve their economy?

No lil guy, if anyone owes these folks a nickel, it would be the countries that sold them into slavery. Go howl at the moon in Africa.

Also, interestingly enough, many of these slaves, may have owned slaves themselves. It was the traditional way of life there. If it were traditional, their coming to this country was just the continuation of those traditions.

The only difference is, these slaves brought to our country, ended up making their heirs incredibly more wealthy then those that were enslaved in Africa.

Now that’s happy news!

There was no slavery of blacks in the Northeast or West.
It was a Southern thing.

So, First of all, "America" wasn't guilty of slavery, the South was.
Secondly, like someone mentioned above, if you want to start holding people accountable for all the crimes of their ancestors, think long and hard.

Reparations is about the most stupid concept ever puked out.
Have you a credible source that claims there "was no slavery of blacks in the Northeast or West"?

No lil guy, if anyone owes these folks a nickel, it would be the countries that sold them into slavery. Go howl at the moon in Africa.

Also, interestingly enough, many of these slaves, may have owned slaves themselves. It was the traditional way of life there. If it were traditional, their coming to this country was just the continuation of those traditions.

The only difference is, these slaves brought to our country, ended up making their heirs incredibly more wealthy then those that were enslaved in Africa.

Now that’s happy news!
Ignorance at it's best.

Reparations for slavery is emotionally satisfying. You know, to atone for the sins of the past, levelling the playing field, etc. Where it breaks down, however, is in the practicality of things. Who gets the money?

1. Only descendants of slaves? Okay, great. At this point there are descendants of slaves who are, for all intents and purposes, completely white. Do they get reparations? If so, some white people will get paid while some black people will not, and riots ensue.
2. All black people? Okay, great. African immigrants arrived in the States last year who never suffered slavery or Jim Crow. Do they get reparations? If so, it's just a handout based on skin color, and riots ensue.
3. White people who identify as black? You know that we're supposed to just accept them. If so, suddenly there will be millions more black people than anyone ever thought and the whole thing becomes a farce. Riots ensue.

How do you define black? Do you have to present a photo ID or show up in person to be judged visually, and who does the judging?

Once you get into the details, it quickly gets very tangled and inevitably there will be situations where somebody gets paid, somebody else doesn't, and riots ensue. Frankly, I don't see many scenarios where that doesn't happen.

Ultimately, I would like to see millionaire Spike Lee go into Appalachia and explain to destitute white coal miners why they owe him money.
Yes, just like white people who can claim Indian ancestry can get reparations on the reservations.

Forum List

Back