Duke/UNC: Rodimus/Cyclonus [Media/DreamWorks]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a media-culture vignette about the storied Carolina-Duke rivalry, DreamWorks, and democracy folklore.

What do you think?

Since this is consumerism-oriented rhetoric, I didn't feel comfy posting it in the Writing section.

====

Two A.I. robots, Cyclonus and Rodimus, traveled to Earth from their home-planet of Cybertron to observe/analyze the media intrigue of 'TrumpUSA' which had become a civilization beacon of capitalism. Cyclonus and Rodimus wanted to dissect the society value of DreamWorks film studio and the media-hyped and storied Duke-UNC men's college basketball rivalry. Cyclonus/Rodimus believed DreamWorks could profit from marketing the Duke-UNC sports rivalry and capitalize on TrumpUSA consumerism/media biases towards fanfare confetti. After all, TrumpUSA capitalism was a good deal about pedestrian indulgences and consumerism in general. Cyclonus was a UNC fan and more interested in Machiavellian fortunes, while Rodimus was a Duke fan and more interested in republic-oriented values.

nc7.jpg

Cyclonus understood well that UNC basketball was about swift and powerful play, star-talents, and thrilling style of victory-pursuits. Rodimus understood that Duke basketball was about great coaching, elegant team-play, incredible 3-point shooting, and awesome campus fanfare. The American media had capitalized on this storied collegiate athletics rivalry in men's sports, so TrumpUSA was a nice 'umbrella' for this modern-era consumerism/media oriented daydream presentation. Cyclonus/Rodimus wondered if the Duke-UNC rivalry represented capitalism-theory in general and how TrumpUSA/humanity was somehow a 'totem' of great traffic and merchandising. Fans of this rivalry excitedly purchased all kinds of Duke-UNC rivalry fan-gear, which is what intrigued Cyclonus/Rodimus, two A.I. robots with visions of civilization reform.

nc8.jpg

CYCLONUS: Duke fans are very emotional...
RODIMUS: Well, fans of any team, including UNC, have rights to drama!
CYCLONUS: I wonder when DreamWorks will make a Duke-UNC rivalry film.
RODIMUS: Spielberg should direct and Leo DiCaprio and Tom Cruise should star.
CYCLONUS: It'd be a very 'canonical' film for TrumpUSA, media, consumerism (etc.).
RODIMUS: Are you a fan of the sports-culture/marketing film Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise)?
CYCLONUS: Yes, I like how that film captures a general American interest in media.
RODIMUS: Well, Duke fans appreciate how their school/team represents greatness!
CYCLONUS: Equally true is the fact that UNC fans like how their school/team flourishes.
RODIMUS: I checked a recent stat-metric; UNC leads Duke 137-111 all-time in games.
CYCLONUS: That's many games; however, Duke is considered more 'storybook.'
RODIMUS: It sure it; both teams have boasted incredible talents and coaching.
CYCLONUS: I'm sure Spielberg is cooking up a symbolic film now for TrumpUSA.
RODIMUS: He should call it The Rivalry.
CYCLONUS: Isn't it funny how media 'accents' capitalism theory?
RODIMUS: Yes, marketing/networks highlight the dimensions of capitalism!
CYCLONUS: Maybe TrumpUSA/humanity is a nice 'steward' of consumerism.

nc6.jpg

Cyclonus and Rodimus decided that human civilization did not require too much reform of colonization/invasion so they returned to their home-planet of Cybertron and presented their report of 'TrumpUSA' capitalism/media to their planetary Commander General (Dedus-Prime). Cyclonus/Rodimus explained that Americans cherished presentations of media icons and leadership ornamentation and elevated movie-stars (e.g., Tom Hanks, Tom Cruise) to the level of 'society gurus.' In other words, Cyclonus/Rodimus believed now that capitalism and consumerism on Earth was a beacon of great 'religiosity.' Were they right?

hudson6.jpeg

Does TrumpUSA present a form of consumerism/media that caters to great social idealism? Does it present sports and fanfare as totems of civilization psychology? Do Americans appreciate why/how sports-marketing and film-making are connected through the 'behavioral lens' of pedestrian shopping? If capitalism is not merely a system of bartering, profits, and compromise, then it has to be an umbrella for all kinds of social propaganda. What did Cyclonus/Rodimus believe?

====

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back