Duke Lacrosse Rape Charges Dropped

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
I call this Long Overdue:

The office of North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper will announce that he is dismissing all charges against three Duke Lacrosse players, ABC News has learned from sources close to the case.

Cooper will announce his decision regarding the case at the North Carolina Attorney General's office in Raleigh, N.C., at 2:30 p.m. ..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3028515&page=1

I hope this is followed with impeachment charges against the appalling Nifong. If anything reeks of abusive of power for political gain, this shameful case does.

I call this Long Overdue:

The office of North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper will announce that he is dismissing all charges against three Duke Lacrosse players, ABC News has learned from sources close to the case.

Cooper will announce his decision regarding the case at the North Carolina Attorney General's office in Raleigh, N.C., at 2:30 p.m. ..

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3028515&page=1

I hope this is followed with impeachment charges against the appalling Nifong. If anything reeks of abusive of power for political gain, this shameful case does.

I say out with this guy. Especially if there is even an inkling that he held onto this case for his political gain (which I think there just might be).

If the news reports are correct, the evidence against him will be pretty damning. He never met with the accuser and withheld DNA evidence from the defense which would have exonerated the players.

Shameful.

This should have happened much sooner. This is a travesty. The three kids have been put through the ringer and their reputations have been smeared and for what? So Nifong can get re-elected? The evidence was never there, never. It was all politics. Nifong needs to spend some time in jail and pay some restitution to these kids.

Players' parents ask Duke to pay legal fees
Estimates go as high as $3M; no decision has been made
By Jeff Barker
Sun reporter
Originally published April 11, 2007
Duke lacrosse parents have asked if the university will pay legal fees, estimated as high as $3 million, that the families incurred after a woman alleged she was sexually assaulted by three players at a party last year.

The informal request, which raises some legal issues, was made at a campus meeting of several dozen parents, Duke president Richard Brodhead and Robert Steel, the chair of Duke's board of trustees. Duke neither granted the request nor dismissed it out of hand, according to family members present.

Many of the parents who attended that late-February meeting planned to converge on Raleigh-Durham, N.C., expecting a decision today on whether to dismiss charges against Collin Finnerty of Garden City, N.Y., Reade Seligmann of Essex Fells, N.J., and David Evans of Bethesda.

Special prosecutors in the office of North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper could announce their verdict "any day this week," said Noelle Talley, a spokeswoman for Cooper.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...r11,0,3499051.story?coll=bal-college-lacrosse

Players' parents ask Duke to pay legal fees
Estimates go as high as $3M; no decision has been made
By Jeff Barker
Sun reporter
Originally published April 11, 2007
Duke lacrosse parents have asked if the university will pay legal fees, estimated as high as $3 million, that the families incurred after a woman alleged she was sexually assaulted by three players at a party last year.

The informal request, which raises some legal issues, was made at a campus meeting of several dozen parents, Duke president Richard Brodhead and Robert Steel, the chair of Duke's board of trustees. Duke neither granted the request nor dismissed it out of hand, according to family members present.

Many of the parents who attended that late-February meeting planned to converge on Raleigh-Durham, N.C., expecting a decision today on whether to dismiss charges against Collin Finnerty of Garden City, N.Y., Reade Seligmann of Essex Fells, N.J., and David Evans of Bethesda.

Special prosecutors in the office of North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper could announce their verdict "any day this week," said Noelle Talley, a spokeswoman for Cooper.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...r11,0,3499051.story?coll=bal-college-lacrosse

Informal requests are one idea. Suing the shit out of them is another. If there's a ripe civil suit for malicious prosecution out there, this is it. I'd sue every one of those self-satisfied left-wing hate professors who signed the 'condemnation' or whatever it was, PERSONALLY. I'd sue Duke. Nifong. The cops. The black accuser and everyone she knows. Al. Jesse. You name it, they're in!

Informal requests are one idea. Suing the shit out of them is another. If there's a ripe civil suit for malicious prosecution out there, this is it. I'd sue every one of those self-satisfied left-wing hate professors who signed the 'condemnation' or whatever it was, PERSONALLY. I'd sue Duke. Nifong. The cops. The black accuser and everyone she knows. Al. Jesse. You name it, they're in!

The liberal media is very disappointed.

This was the perfect story for them.

A black girl raped by rich white boys in a southern town

It was perfect

Only one tiny little problem - it was all a lie

I have always wondered about this...So what happens normally if you are charged with a crime and 1) you are either proved innocent or 2) the Charges are dropped.. How does the repayment for legal fees work? Or are you just shit out of luck because some asshole decided to charge with you a crime you were innocent of.

TO ALL POSTERS !!! Would you look at this comment below??? This is an example of pure Brainwashing. This guy blames everything on the Liberals. Im sure the longtime members of this community have noticed this but it is really getting out of hand. Literally this guy thinks that all the problems in this world are created by Liberals. Im literally flabergasted by what I read from this guy. Now the Liberal media is upset because some white guys are not getting prosecuted? WOW. :eusa_doh:

I have scanned the internet and found a pic of RSR's brain...I think this explains everything...From now on...everytime he says something stupid I am going to post this in the thread. This is gonna be great.

The Brain of Red States Rules
Homer.jpg

The liberal media is very disappointed.

This was the perfect story for them.

A black girl raped by rich white boys in a southern town

It was perfect

Only one tiny little problem - it was all a lie

It is clear this dem DA used this case for his own political gain. He ignored time stamped photos showing the players away from the house when the accurer said she was being raped, he ignored Police reports saying she was drunk and nearly unconscious, he tried to cover up lack of DNA evidence, and did not talk to the accuser until his case was falling apart

During his reelection he used the race card to get reelected

The liberal media lapped it up since it fit their view of race relations in the US

I have always wondered about this...So what happens normally if you are charged with a crime and 1) you are either proved innocent or 2) the Charges are dropped.. How does the repayment for legal fees work? Or are you just shit out of luck because some asshole decided to charge with you a crime you were innocent of.

You eat it.

And if you do a 20-year stretch, only to be let go at the end, same thing. Hurts, don't it? It's called, "society is willing to make a sacrifice of you because we'll never have a perfect criminal justice system, and we can't decide to stop prosecuting all charges on the grounds that a few may be innocent."

Sucks for the individual. May be good for the rest of us.

But it works the other way, too. The guilty often go free. Just ask O.J. (I'm sorry... was that racist?)

People who have been owned:

CRYSTAL GAIL MANGUM

MIKE NIFONG

"CONCERNED DUKE FACULTY" PARTICULARLY HOUSTON BAKER JR.

JESSE JACKSON

AL SHARPTON

THE ASSHOLE LEFTIST STUDENTS WHO CO-OPTED VERY SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS TO PROVE THEIR POINT THAT DUKE WAS SOMEHOW A RACIST INSTITUTION

MALIK ZULU SHABAZZ AND THE ENTIRE NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY (AND THEIR LITTLE SPOKESMAN SISSY HASHIM NZINGA)

NANCY GRACE

Feel free to add anyone I happened to forget...

LET THE LIAR BE NAMED & SHAMED

John Podhoretz

April 12, 2007 -- HER name is Crystal Gail Mangum.

She is the woman who falsely accused three Duke University students of rape. Yesterday, the attorney general of North Carolina came forward and flatly declared the three young men "innocent of these charges."

That means their accuser is a liar.

Her name is Crystal Gail Mangum.

It is the policy of the news media not to publish the names of rape accusers on the grounds that they should not have to fear public shame for coming forward with word of a horrifying personal violation.

That is a noble policy. But it needs a codicil. The codicil is that if a rape accuser is revealed as a liar, her name should be spoken loudly and often - as loudly and often as the names of those whom she falsely accused have been over the past year.

She must be denied anonymity because she makes a mockery of the very policy of granting anonymity to rape accusers. We do not publish their names so that they will not fear public exposure. But people who are tempted to do the monstrous thing Mangum did should fear public exposure.

They should be terrified of it.

They should have nightmares about it.

They should be given no encouragement whatsoever to believe they can launch a nuclear weapon at someone's reputation and escape unscathed.

Her name is Crystal Gail Mangum, and she should not escape the world's scorn because she is poor, or because she is black, or because her life circumstances led her to work as a "stripper."

Her name is Crystal Gail Mangum, and she does not deserve to lick the underside of the shoes of hardworking and honest people of color and modest means who somehow manage to get through life without attempting to destroy and defile the lives of others.

At his press conference yesterday, Attorney General Roy Cooper said something odd about the liar Crystal Gail Mangum. He said she would face no charges for her false accusation.

He said, "Our investigators who talked with her and the attorneys who talked with her over a period of time think that she may actually believe the many different stories that she has been telling. They worked real hard with her. It doesn't make sense. You can't piece it together."

The suggestion here is that she has psychological problems. So do millions upon millions of people in the United States. And they too manage, somehow, not to spin lies about rape into false arrests.

They somehow manage not to force families of those they falsely accuse to incur legal fees reportedly totaling more than $1 million per family. These families are sometimes described as "affluent," as though the fact that they live in nice communities in nice houses means they can afford million-dollar fees.

Attorney General Cooper did a good thing by making so unambiguous a statement of innocence as he freed David Evans, Reade Seligmann and Colin Finnerty from their year of torment.

Until I hear more that might justify his decision beyond a desire not to inflame racial passions in the Tar Heel State, I cannot help think that Cooper has done a very, very wrong thing by allowing Crystal Gail Mangum to avoid the judgment of his state's legal system.

Unless he changes his mind, then, the only justice she will face is the public exposure of her name and the revelation to all the world that, if she had had her way, three young men would have been sent to prison on false charges.

Let her name be the new Mudd.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0412200...e_named__shamed_columnists_john_podhoretz.htm

ABC's Moran Suggests Duke Lacrosse Team Had It Easier Than Rutgers B-ball Team
Posted by Ken Shepherd on April 12, 2007 - 15:39.
Leave it to a liberal journalist to bring racial tension and class warfare into a story about three men exonerated of rape allegations after a year of prosecutorial misconduct.

ABC's Terry Moran found the outpouring of sympathy for the exonerated Duke lacrosse players is a bit much because, in a nutshell, they're white guys from wealthy families who attended a private university. In fact, in an April 12 "Pushback" blog post at ABCNews.com, he suggested that in a way, they were victimized less than the Rutgers women's basketball team by Imus. Portions in bold are my emphasis.

As students of Duke University or other elite institutions, these young men will get on with their privileged lives. There is a very large cushion under them--the one that softens the blows of life for most of those who go to Duke or similar places, and have connections through family, friends and school to all kinds of prospects for success. They are very differently situated in life from, say, the young women of the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

Yeah, that's right. Being charged with rape despite a lack of DNA evidence and a constantly-changing story by the alleged victim is far less traumatizing than some knucklehead with a radio show calling you and your teammates "nappy-headed hos."

Moran is fixated on the financial resources and connections of the accused, calling into question the fairness of the justice system nationwide, but not once indicting the media for taking what was a local crime story and blowing it up into a national obsession in the first place:

But perhaps the outpouring of sympathy for Reade Seligman, Collin Finnerty and David Evans is just a bit misplaced. They got special treatment in the justice system--both negative and positive. The conduct of the lacrosse team of which they were members was not admirable on the night of the incident, to say the least. And there are so many other victims of prosecutorial misconduct in this country who never get the high-priced legal representation and the high-profile, high-minded vindication that it strikes me as just a bit unseemly to heap praise and sympathy on these particular men.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12002

ABC's Moran Suggests Duke Lacrosse Team Had It Easier Than Rutgers B-ball Team
Posted by Ken Shepherd on April 12, 2007 - 15:39.
Leave it to a liberal journalist to bring racial tension and class warfare into a story about three men exonerated of rape allegations after a year of prosecutorial misconduct.

ABC's Terry Moran found the outpouring of sympathy for the exonerated Duke lacrosse players is a bit much because, in a nutshell, they're white guys from wealthy families who attended a private university. In fact, in an April 12 "Pushback" blog post at ABCNews.com, he suggested that in a way, they were victimized less than the Rutgers women's basketball team by Imus. Portions in bold are my emphasis.

As students of Duke University or other elite institutions, these young men will get on with their privileged lives. There is a very large cushion under them--the one that softens the blows of life for most of those who go to Duke or similar places, and have connections through family, friends and school to all kinds of prospects for success. They are very differently situated in life from, say, the young women of the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

Yeah, that's right. Being charged with rape despite a lack of DNA evidence and a constantly-changing story by the alleged victim is far less traumatizing than some knucklehead with a radio show calling you and your teammates "nappy-headed hos."

Moran is fixated on the financial resources and connections of the accused, calling into question the fairness of the justice system nationwide, but not once indicting the media for taking what was a local crime story and blowing it up into a national obsession in the first place:

But perhaps the outpouring of sympathy for Reade Seligman, Collin Finnerty and David Evans is just a bit misplaced. They got special treatment in the justice system--both negative and positive. The conduct of the lacrosse team of which they were members was not admirable on the night of the incident, to say the least. And there are so many other victims of prosecutorial misconduct in this country who never get the high-priced legal representation and the high-profile, high-minded vindication that it strikes me as just a bit unseemly to heap praise and sympathy on these particular men.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12002

wOW, even I have to agree with RSR. There was no reason to bring race into this faulse rape charge issue.

The media, which i do think is liberal, tries to show that only whites are racist, but this story shows, racism is a two or three way street lol. Everyone hates, the media just pretends its only whitey :p

Forum List

Back