Duality: is God the devil?

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
There was a Christian group called the Cathar that believed that the creation of the physical world was the evil reaction to the creation of the Godly spiritual world. Today, the neo Cathars carry on this belief. The Catholic Church was unable to refute this so far for 800 years in a theological debate.

Let's discuss this problem.

In the book of Gsnesis, all physical creations are good and not evil, until one day God decides to take an extra day of vacation, and gives the day to the devil to steal Eve. After that, everything that is created suffers, and suffers to this day.

Jesus came at some later time, to provide a fix for the problem, but was blocked, and may be ineffective without babtism, when baptism is a miniscule 2% chance to happen in life, as national statistics put church attendance to 2 % of population in most countries.

The Cathar solution to this problem was to simply sit out the physical, and escape the evil, by not eating or drinking until physical death, like hospices do today.

But here is the problem with this. You may escape evil that transforms you in the future of your physical life, but what do you do with the evil that has already transformed you in the present?

Discuss.

Yes the God of the bible created Good as well as Evil and even snakes.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

We can see in our own lives that goodness can have byproducts that are not so good. For example, being late (or not showing) for one engagement because of stopping to help someone in need. Ever pause to let a pedestrian cross in front of you only to upset the driver behind you because s/he is in a hurry? My parents were happy to have me come along, but my arrival still upsets my brother. ;)

There was a Christian group called the Cathar that believed that the creation of the physical world was the evil reaction to the creation of the Godly spiritual world. Today, the neo Cathars carry on this belief. The Catholic Church was unable to refute this so far for 800 years in a theological debate.

In the book of Gsnesis, all physical creations are good and not evil, until one day God decides to take an extra day of vacation, and gives the day to the devil to steal Eve. After that, everything that is created suffers, and suffers to this day.

Jesus came at some later time, to provide a fix for the problem, but was blocked, and may be ineffective without babtism, when baptism is a miniscule 2% chance to happen in life, as national statistics put church attendance to 2 % of population in most countries.

The Cathar solution to this problem was to simply sit out the physical, and escape the evil, by not eating or drinking until physical death, like hospices do today.

But here is the problem with this. You may escape evil that transforms you in the future of your physical life, but what do you do with the evil that has already transformed you in the present?

Discuss.
No.

"Discuss"

Yes the God of the bible created Good as well as Evil and even snakes.
No, He didnt create evil. He gave you free will to choose to be a Democrat

I dunno, considering that the democrats created you, looks evil enough for me. What if those people who God not create but the other one created, get rewards in hell instead of punishment, and punishment is reserved only to those who God created? After all, God has outsourced hell, as written in the Bible.

Discuss.

As far as I know the Albigenses and Catholics believed exactly the same in this context: ~ The prince of the [material] world [here] is the devil ~ what doesn't mean the devil is a kind of anti-god or we live in hell here. The devil is just simple part of gods creation.

Last edited:
The 'Dualism' stuff is Gnostic nonsense. Some of the angels fell from grace. It's a message to Cyrus, not to 'Man' in general; it is also translated as 'calamity', in the NKJV.

Last edited:
The Cathars existed for over a hundred years. If they hadn't decided to start murdering people, including priests, they wouldn't have been hunted down and prosecuted. They're yet another group of bullshit artists who claim 'hapless innocence n stuff persecuted unjustly by da evul Catlicks', kind of like Rosie's whining about how unfair it was that the Evul Xians didn't let the Muslims and their Jewish allies leave with all the loot they stole from the locals when they drove them out of Spain after hundreds of years of occupation and looting.

Last edited:
it is also translated as 'calamity', in the NKJV.
Every time somebody does not like what the bible says, they retranslate it.
How convenient!
ca·lam·i·ty
/kəˈlamədē/
noun
an event causing great and often sudden damage or distress; a disaster.
  1. Similar:
    disaster

catastrophe

woe

affliction

evil

it is also translated as 'calamity', in the NKJV.
Every time somebody does not like what the bible says, they retranslate it.
How convenient!
ca·lam·i·ty
/kəˈlamədē/
noun
an event causing great and often sudden damage or distress; a disaster.
  1. Similar:
    disaster

catastrophe

woe

affliction

evil
It beats looking for cultural Marxist critical theory arguments.

there is no god--so negative is the answer

Atheists in the religion section have no purpose other than to be assholes. Everybody knows what they think, as they are even louder and more obnoxious than any religious fanatic. It is obvious that this discussion was not designed with your opinion in mind. Why bother? You've essentially just taken a shit on the floor. What an incredibly predictable and low quality post.

there is no god--so negative is the answer

Atheists in the religion section have no purpose other than to be assholes. Everybody knows what they think, as they are even louder and more obnoxious than any religious fanatic. It is obvious that this discussion was not designed with your opinion in mind. Why bother? You've essentially just taken a shit on the floor. What an incredibly predictable and low quality post.
hahahha--triggered?? hahahhahahah
this IS a discussion forum,yes?
are you answering for anotherlife??
....you are another god believer who shows you don't really believe--because you immediately start INSULTING people/calling names!!! hahahahahahha
...I always try to be polite/civil/etc until the other member starts being an -----ASSHOLE

..do you realize, you just proved YOU are the asshole??--not me
.I've been civil and polite
thank you

....you are another god believer

I was an atheist until my mid-twenties and now I call myself agnostic. I follow no religion and I don't confirm or deny the existence of any form of God. You dropped a predictable low-quality turd on the first page of a thread that wasn't designed for your opinion. It's the perfect example of why atheists are pushy and obnoxious. They know what you think and they don't care. Notice how your opinion was largely ignored? I should have done the same but I'm feeling in the mood to shame you for your shitty behavior. If you had even a modicum of class you'd stop the low-quality baiting and piss off. If you're incapable of that you should at least put a little bit more effort into your baiting.

Forum List

Back