Drug coupons? Never heard of them.

Had my first follow-up Dr. appt. with a NP that I've known for a few years. It was a surprise for both of us. She even asked if was I comfortable with her seeing me because we know each other. :)

She prescribed a drug while saying she didn't know how expensive it would be, and to call her if it was expensive.
While in her office, the pharmacy called to say they needed to order it. I asked about the cost and was told $50 with my insurance. The pharmacist then mentioned a coupon. Seconds after asking about the coupon, the NP said 'got it!'.
The NP was filling out the coupon while I was on the phone with the pharmacist! lol

She then told me to call the pharmacy to see how much it would cost me. The cost of that drug went from $50 to $0! I couldn't f'ing believe it! lol
I'm now getting that drug for free for 1 year, maybe longer, because of a coupon. :)

My prescriptions rarely cost me more than a few dollars. This is first time I've ever heard of a drug coupon.

I thought I'd share this to help others. Ask about coupons if you're on a drug that's expensive.

I've had doctors give sample bottles of pills before. Drug pushers who work for the pharmaceutical outfits often give them to physicians. But I haven't heard of coupons. Makes sense I would guess. When the coupons are redeemed at the apothecary , the drug company sees exactly where the demand will be if the drug is satisfactory.

I got help from a drug company a few years ago. I needed a skin cream that was $300.00 an ounce. My doctor asked the drug company for consumer support. They gave me a code. I gave the code to the pharmacist and got it for 0.

Had my first follow-up Dr. appt. with a NP that I've known for a few years. It was a surprise for both of us. She even asked if was I comfortable with her seeing me because we know each other. :)

She prescribed a drug while saying she didn't know how expensive it would be, and to call her if it was expensive.
While in her office, the pharmacy called to say they needed to order it. I asked about the cost and was told $50 with my insurance. The pharmacist then mentioned a coupon. Seconds after asking about the coupon, the NP said 'got it!'.
The NP was filling out the coupon while I was on the phone with the pharmacist! lol

She then told me to call the pharmacy to see how much it would cost me. The cost of that drug went from $50 to $0! I couldn't f'ing believe it! lol
I'm now getting that drug for free for 1 year, maybe longer, because of a coupon. :)

My prescriptions rarely cost me more than a few dollars. This is first time I've ever heard of a drug coupon.

I thought I'd share this to help others. Ask about coupons if you're on a drug that's expensive.

Very popular website, my daughter is a RN and told us to always check it

The downside is that the coupons do not count toward Deductible or Max out of pocket

Forum List

Back