Drug company boss arrested (price increases)

You mean this 'job creator' screwed every human being he could to cover his own incompetence in business? What a new thing, this has never happened before, all business owners are saints that only help humanity according to con-logic.

Or......they are just greedy humans who couldn't give a rats ass about anyone else. Selfishness, the great craven idle of conservatives.
Ironic

1 ceo being a dick means they all are dicks

but if I want to keep muslims from entering the country.....

That isn't what I said but if that's what your gremlin tells you then go with it. And just 1? A little research would enlighten you immensely. But that is work and you are averse to work so. Ironic huh.
yea ya did

Riiight, and the sky is green and you ride rainbow colored unicorns, just cuz' you say so!

LOL
It's in your own words, you have no defense.

you got caught being a bigoted hypocrite, now instead of just wondering off, you are trying to prove you didn't say what you said.

this isn't like I'm recalling something you said in another thread, and you saying you didn't unless I go find it. Your quote is right there for you to read, now.

There is actually no need to enforce "moral limits" on capitalism like this, as was the case here, a rival company made an off version and intends to undersell his cost, thus he would be /forced/ to lower the price. The initial launch of a product is always priced high, gotta get the rich folks who want it first, then the market will lower the costs for everyone else.

It's not immoral, it's just the way things work. Money talks, and those who don't have the patience for the market to catch up, those who want it first, now, or the best, are willing to pay more. It's like I'll pay twice as much and deal with all the initial bugs of a brand new technology because I can afford to, eventually it filters down to where everyone can get one. Latest example was AMD's Hawaii architecture GPU. I paid $800 for mine, they're at about $550 today - I could have waited, but I didn't want to.

Same shit, just so happens that in this case the media decided to focus on it, it happens with every other drug out there.

Jewish CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals Drives Up Price of Medicine for Big Profits « National Vanguard

Recently, Shkreli became infamous for raising the cost of a drug named Daraprim, which is used to treat parasitic infections, especially among pregnant women and persons with weakened immune systems.

Turing acquired the rights to it, and Shkreli promptly jacked up the price by a factor of about 55, from $13.50 per pill to $750 per pill. Criticism ensued. Shkreli made the predictable justifications, saying that the price increase was necessary so that Turing could make a profit. Generic versions of Daraprim are sold in foreign countries for as little as $20/bottle. It costs a few cents per pill to manufacture. Even the $13.50 pre-Shkreli price was outrageous

I love capitalism, but this guy goes way too far, deliberately massively overpricing cheap to produce drugs because he can.

Eh....kinda. The issue was far more complex than the narrative we were given to be upset about. The drug was generic. So anyone could have made it. It just didn't make financial sense for any other company to do so at the very low prices the drug was being sold at.

And the argument this guy made did have some merit. There has been virtually no progress on the condition this drug treats. Why? Because there was no money in it. By raising the price you could make it lucrative to invest research dollars to treat the blood pathogens the drug combatted. And make progress on the illness. At its lower price, none will be conducted.

Finally, the price increase was paid by insurance companies. I've read about this topic extensively. And journalists couldn't find an actual person who needed the medication but couldn't afford the higher price. The company had a hotline doctors could call for essentially free medication for patients that couldn't afford it. As far as I could find, no one went without their meds.

The charges he faces have nothing to do with the drug hike. This issue is months old. A securities fraud investigation often takes years. Making it far more likely that he had already long been under investigation before he gained national prominance.

You mean this 'job creator' screwed every human being he could to cover his own incompetence in business? What a new thing, this has never happened before, all business owners are saints that only help humanity according to con-logic.

Or......they are just greedy humans who couldn't give a rats ass about anyone else. Selfishness, the great craven idle of conservatives.
Ironic

1 ceo being a dick means they all are dicks

but if I want to keep muslims from entering the country.....

That isn't what I said but if that's what your gremlin tells you then go with it. And just 1? A little research would enlighten you immensely. But that is work and you are averse to work so. Ironic huh.
yea ya did

Riiight, and the sky is green and you ride rainbow colored unicorns, just cuz' you say so!

LOL
It's in your own words, you have no defense.

you got caught being a bigoted hypocrite, now instead of just wondering off, you are trying to prove you didn't say what you said.

this isn't like I'm recalling something you said in another thread, and you saying you didn't unless I go find it. Your quote is right there for you to read, now.

Barney Fife, you take what people say, twist it around in your empty skull, then vomit it out in a form that suits your warped world view.

Everything you see and hear is filtered through your bizarre filter. You are a liar, pure and simple.

The fact that you stand by your lie doesn't make it noble.

What does does him being Jewish have to do with anything?

In this case nothing.
It's about how far capitalism can go and still be reasonable.

I'm a great fan of Thatcher, but I dislike abuse of power regardless of who abuses it.

As an example..

I don't think burger flipper are worth big pay rises as they do nothing to earn them, but I dislike taking advantage of those in need of an essential drug just because you can screw them.

Forum List

Back