Driver Update Screwed Up My Windows Desktop

Honest opinion.... I believe there is something to the theory that has been repeated even now by top industry magazines and sites - Windows 11 was developed in part, to drive people to buy new computers.
The CPU can't be older than 3 years, a few higher end systems a little older will still work.
The motherboard must have TPM. Which is fairly new technology.
For the 1st time the CPU must use secureboot.
Of those three things, at least one will thwart some folks from being able to upgrade.
With the real objective, to force people to buy new PCs/Laptops more often.
There are a plethora of YouTube videos on how to update to Win 11 without the hardware "restrictions".

Okay......... Made the rookie mistake of letting Microsoft update my drivers.......... Completely screwed up my computer, it would boot up but half the items including the mouse would not work. Had to start again from scratch....... Not a happy camper.

Did a driver update earlier today, corrupted my system so I couldn't even get it to boot into Safe Mode. Going through a fresh reinstall now. Probably been about a year so it was time to do a clean reinstall of the OS anyway. Once that's done I might just upgrade to Win 11.
Windows has so many new updates that it’s very likely to crash
Should only be 1 update per year

Windows has so many new updates that it’s very likely to crash
Should only be 1 update per year
Security updates are typically no problem and you definitely want them as soon as possible. Driver updates on the other hand have been known to occasionally be problematic which is why I manually update my drivers. You can turn off driver updates from Microsoft but that means updating drivers individually or using a third party driver updater that is trustworthy.

Did a driver update earlier today, corrupted my system so I couldn't even get it to boot into Safe Mode. Going through a fresh reinstall now. Probably been about a year so it was time to do a clean reinstall of the OS anyway. Once that's done I might just upgrade to Win 11.
I'll need to install the module to get this system to upgrade to Winders 11. I'm not sure I want to. This computer is only a couple of years old and its a pretty moderin gaming rig. I was surprised to learn that I didn't have the sec module to upgrade.

cyberpowerpc, what a bunch of bastages. lol

I would NOT recommend them for building a gaming rig. They NEVER answer emails or help desk requests. Avoid at all costs.

I'll need to install the module to get this system to upgrade to Winders 11. I'm not sure I want to. This computer is only a couple of years old and its a pretty moderin gaming rig. I was surprised to learn that I didn't have the sec module to upgrade.

cyberpowerpc, what a bunch of bastages. lol

I would NOT recommend them for building a gaming rig. They NEVER answer emails or help desk requests. Avoid at all costs.
I wouldn't use them anyway, I build my own.

Global warming, nothing else fits the facts
Not globular warming?

giphy.gif

I see. Blue screens. I heard audio drivers can be iffy with 11. Good luck.
I still miss XP.
I bought a laptop that came with Windows 11. I have been having a heck of a time with a very audible buzz when I play a music track. The problem comes and goes. Since I wanted this laptop for music production, that's clearly a big problem. It wasn't happening with the factory installed W11 so I suspect it was an "update".

I bought a laptop that came with Windows 11. I have been having a heck of a time with a very audible buzz when I play a music track. The problem comes and goes. Since I wanted this laptop for music production, that's clearly a big problem. It wasn't happening with the factory installed W11 so I suspect it was an "update".
Did you run the audio troubleshooter?
Is the buzz from a recording you made?

I've got my update preferences set to ask me before any installs are made.

But, I've read online a few weeks ago, that Microsoft is purposely putting bugs in their previous versions updates and patches, so you HAVE to install Win 11.

I don't know if this is true or not, but it sounds like something Gates would definitely do.

I still have Win 10, and only one of my updates messed with my pc. I just uninstalled it before it took affect.
I also have my update preferences set to having to restart my pc before they are actuated. So, if one is downloaded and my pc starts acting up, I know it's a trojan or a virus, so I uninstall it before I restart.

I have Norton safety checks and Norton security to also tell me if something not right has been loaded or attempting to load or install.

Forum List

Back