Dream Act

grunt11b

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2011
In Reality
This white house plans to go through with it regardless of it being voted down, just another violation of the constitution by this administration. In typical liberal fashion, if they cannot push their agenda through the house and senate they will have it legislated from the bench.
If this doesn't piss you off "No matter what side of the isle you're on, then something is wrong with you. It is a blatant slap in the face of every American for this white house to ignore the will of the people.
Obama Administration To Review All Deportation Cases, Apply DREAM Act-Style Criteria | FoxNews.com

This white house plans to go through with it regardless of it being voted down, just another violation of the constitution by this administration. In typical liberal fashion, if they cannot push their agenda through the house and senate they will have it legislated from the bench.
If this doesn't piss you off "No matter what side of the isle you're on, then something is wrong with you. It is a blatant slap in the face of every American for this white house to ignore the will of the people.
Obama Administration To Review All Deportation Cases, Apply DREAM Act-Style Criteria | FoxNews.com

I don't see a problem here. What's wrong with focusing on the ones who pose a threat?

Well, since the GOP is determined to block any initiative by the Democrats there's no point wasting time and money in negotiating with them.
The whole Republican strategy is a destructive farce and they deserve to be ignored where able.

There's nothing "wrong" with me, I respect Obama for not being a bigot and pandering to assholes such as you.

Actually the WH is complying with Constitutional case law, where in Plyler v. Doe (1982), the Court held that it was a violation of the 14th Amendment to disallow undocumented children access to public education:

Appellants argue at the outset that undocumented aliens, because of their immigration status, are not "persons within the jurisdiction" of the State of Texas, and that they therefore have no right to the equal protection of Texas law. We reject this argument. Whatever his status under the immigration laws, an alien is surely a "person" in any ordinary sense of that term. Aliens, even aliens whose presence in this country is unlawful, have long been recognized as "persons" guaranteed due process of law by the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments. Shaughnessv v. Mezei, 345 U.S. 206, 212 (1953); Wong Wing v. United States, 163 U.S. 228, 238 (1896); Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 369 (1886). Indeed, we have clearly held that the Fifth Amendment protects aliens whose presence in this country is unlawful from invidious discrimination by the Federal Government. Mathews v. Diaz, 426 U.S. 67, 77 (1976). [n9] [p211]

In addition to violating the 14th Amendment, restricting undocumented children from public education also violates the fundamental legal principle that children may not be punished for their parents’ misdeeds:

The children who are plaintiffs in these cases are special members of this underclass. Persuasive arguments support the view that a State may withhold its beneficence from those whose very presence within the United States is the product of their own unlawful conduct. These arguments do not apply [p220] with the same force to classifications imposing disabilities on the minor children of such illegal entrants. At the least, those who elect to enter our territory by stealth and in violation of our law should be prepared to bear the consequences, including, but not limited to, deportation. But the children of those illegal entrants are not comparably situated. Their "parents have the ability to conform their conduct to societal norms," and presumably the ability to remove themselves from the State's jurisdiction; but the children who are plaintiffs in these cases "can affect neither their parents' conduct nor their own status." Trimble v. Gordon, 430 U.S. 762, 770 (1977). Even if the State found it expedient to control the conduct of adults by acting against their children, legislation directing the onus of a parent's misconduct against his children does not comport with fundamental conceptions of justice.
[V]isiting . . . condemnation on the head of an infant is illogical and unjust. Moreover, imposing disabilities on the . . . child is contrary to the basic concept of our system that legal burdens should bear some relationship to individual responsibility or wrongdoing. Obviously, no child is responsible for his birth, and penalizing the . . . child is an ineffectual -- as well as unjust -- way of deterring the parent.
Weber v. Aetna Casualty & Surety Co., 406 U.S. 164, 175 (1972) (footnote omitted).

Indeed, if the Administration were to deny undocumented children access to higher education, it might be subject to a court challenge it would likely loose. Consequently, the Administration isn’t violating the Constitution, it’s obeying its case law. There is no ‘agenda’ here, liberal or otherwise; merely an understanding on the Administration’s part that rulings by the Supreme Court become the law of the land – Supreme Court rulings are not ‘legislating from the bench.’ It would be a slap in the face of the American people to ignore the Court’s ruling and precipitate a needless, unwarranted lawsuit.

Lastly, the Administration is acting within its Constitutional authority to set policy in its departments as it sees fit, in this case deciding whom to prosecute and whom not to:

An ICE memo obtained by FoxNews.com said the effort would not provide "categorical relief for any group," but would try to prevent "low-priority" cases -- like those not involving convicted criminals -- from clogging the system.
Cecilia Munoz, White House director of intergovernmental affairs, wrote on the White House blog that the review would "clear out low-priority cases on a case-by-case basis and make more room to deport people who have been convicted of crimes or pose a security risk" -- while ensuring the low-priority cases are kept "out of the deportation pipeline in the first place."
Describing groups of people similar to those targeted in the DREAM Act, she said the low-priority list would include "individuals such as young people who were brought to this country as small children, and who know no other home," as well as "individuals such as military veterans and the spouses of active-duty military personnel."

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi and Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid praised the decision.
"This new DHS directive will help prioritize our limited enforcement resources to focus on serious felons, gang members and individuals who are a national security threat rather than college students and veterans who have risked their lives for our country," Reid said in a statement. "I am especially pleased about the impact these new policies will have on those who would benefit from the DREAM Act. ... We lose a lot by sending them back to countries they do not know."

No ‘laws’ are being altered or implemented, the Administration is allocating resources as it sees necessary and establishing its own prosecutorial criteria accordingly.

Given these facts, therefore, that neither the Constitution is being violated nor the will of the people ignored, it’s clear that opposition to this policy is based not on the law or facts but on an unwarranted hostility towards children brought illegally to the United States through no fault of their own.

Plyler v. Doe

What the fuck is wrong with you assholes? Do you not understand that illegal is illegal. There is no way to be partially illegal. If you are an illegal immigrant in my country, get the fuck out. I don't give a rats ass if you are the reincarnation of Sister Teresa, or Florance Nightingale. Even if you happen to be the Pope himself..... If you have entered the USA illegally then you should be deported.

There are reports of Korans being found near the border, should we allow the illegal who lost one of these Holy books to stay in the country? I am in favor of illegals, in favor of deporting every last one of them back to where ever they came from.

This Dream act side step is simply another reason to get rid of the current administration as soon as possible.

What this is is Amnesty...

Congress? WE don't need no stinkin' Congress!

there has alreay been a thread on this subject. Nothing is happning with the Dream Act. It is dead in the water.
An ICE memo obtained by FoxNews.com said the effort would not provide "categorical relief for any group," but would try to prevent "low-priority" cases -- like those not involving convicted criminals -- from clogging the system.

Read more: Obama Administration To Review All Deportation Cases, Apply DREAM Act-Style Criteria | FoxNews.com

Oh no! Speeding up jurisprudence, how terrible. Felones going first.

What part of illegal is entirely unclear to you?

I dont ever want to hear any democrat asshole talk about the rule of law.

If the Obama administration's Dept of Homelend Security wants to change policy, that's up to them, and is still within the rule of law. Don't like it? Then vote for Perry or whatever Republican bigot happens to get the nomination. I'm sure if they win the election, they'll reverse it before taking the oath of office, and all of you intolerant cons can cream in your jeans that bigotry is once again alive and well in the White House.

What this is is Amnesty...

Congress? WE don't need no stinkin' Congress!

No, it's not amnesty. It's the Dept of Homeland Security deciding to focus deportation efforts on those with criminal records. I see no problem with that, and I don't think any reasonable person should either.

What the fuck is wrong with you assholes? Do you not understand that illegal is illegal. There is no way to be partially illegal. If you are an illegal immigrant in my country, get the fuck out. I don't give a rats ass if you are the reincarnation of Sister Teresa, or Florance Nightingale. Even if you happen to be the Pope himself..... If you have entered the USA illegally then you should be deported.

There are reports of Korans being found near the border, should we allow the illegal who lost one of these Holy books to stay in the country? I am in favor of illegals, in favor of deporting every last one of them back to where ever they came from.

This Dream act side step is simply another reason to get rid of the current administration as soon as possible.

the dream act was sposored by a democrat and a republican

I don't give a shit who sponsored it. Fact is the USA is the easiest country in the world to get into illegally. And that fact is going to end up hurting us someday...........

No, it's not amnesty. It's the Dept of Homeland Security deciding to focus deportation efforts on those with criminal records. I see no problem with that, and I don't think any reasonable person should either.

Heaven forbid we should "focus our deportation efforts" on people that are here ILLEGALLY.

There are reports of Korans being found near the border,...
I'm pretty sure that was a mis-print...didn't they find Koreans near the border?
They were being smuggled in by Hexagons...or something - I might have misread it.

Heaven forbid we should "focus our deportation efforts" on people that are here ILLEGALLY.

Yes, heaven forbid we give those here for legitimate reasons a chance to become citizens and contribute to our country. What's the world coming to? We should throw them all out, criminal record or not. It's not like this country was founded on immigrants, right?

Forum List

Back