Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

Fascinating how everyone is so desperate to claim MLK for their own. I personally view him very much for what he really was.... a remarkable, brave, honorable... American.

Christmas Day

Martin Luther King Day..

should they be treated equally with the same respect?? please advise.

One black man saved it (MLK)and another one is ruining it (OBAMA)

King was as loathed back then by many conservatives as President Barack Obama is now. But you watch..he will be claimed at some future time for embracing conservative "values".

That was when Liberals were Liberals - and not progressives as they are now. Comparing those days to these is like comparing apples to oranges. Might both be 'fruit' but there is no rational comparison.

King was as loathed back then by many conservatives as President Barack Obama is now. But you watch..he will be claimed at some future time for embracing conservative "values".

J Edgar Hoover was all over Dr King trying to dig up dirt. Conservatives of the day accused MLK of being a racist, a communist, anti-American. They protested the Nobel Peace Prize going to someone they claimed was provoking a race war.

In looking at some of the posts on this thread...not much has changed

That was when Liberals were Liberals - and not progressives as they are now. Comparing those days to these is like comparing apples to oranges. Might both be 'fruit' but there is no rational comparison.

Liberalism, by it's very nature, is progressive. Conservatives are traditionalists..hence you see the "time slicing" of Liberal agenda and beliefs by conservatives. It's a rather opaque attempt to claim credit for things the philosophy never supported at the time.

Now they just call them welfare queens and suggest they dont like working and would rather be on the dole and will only vote for the democrats because they want more dole.

Yeah you just cant compare the two.

not

I wonder how MLK would view the people who claim him for their partisan bullshit. Having read a lot of and by the man... I kind of think he'd be ashamed of y'all. But, if you don't really care about the man, his work and his values... then I guess you have no problem in using his name for your partisan crap.

The sainted Dr. King. We have a holiday honoring an alcoholic whoremaster. Somehow it seems fitting for today's people. If King had not been assassinated, he would have spent the civil rights movement in prison for embezzling money from the Ebenezer Baptist Church to fund his legendary booze and whore parties. Oh yes I remember the civil rights movement. I especially remember how he ordered black children in front of Bull Connor's fire hoses because it looked good on camera. Anything for the cause, right?

Liberalism, by it's very nature, is progressive. Conservatives are traditionalists..hence you see the "time slicing" of Liberal agenda and beliefs by conservatives. It's a rather opaque attempt to claim credit for things the philosophy never supported at the time.

Do you honestly think that MLK would support today's 'Liberals' attitude towards minorities? Because if you do, you really don't understand what he stood for. He would never support the use of race as a weapon. He would not support the destruction of black communities for partisan politics. He just wouldn't... and that is what today's 'Liberals' to. They abuse minorities for political gain. They do not value minorities as people - minorities are just a 'voting block', a 'special interest' group to be pandered to when they need there votes. Do you think he would be proud of the disproportionate number of minorities on welfare? He wouldn't. And it is your party that has done that. He would be ashamed of today's Democrats.... and of today's Republicans... in my opinion.

I wonder how MLK would view the people who claim him for their partisan bullshit. Having read a lot of and by the man... I kind of think he'd be ashamed of y'all. But, if you don't really care about the man, his work and his values... then I guess you have no problem in using his name for your partisan crap.

You probably read very little. Like most legends, what you read is mostly after the fact hype. His most famous I have a dream speech was actually written by Clarence Jones, the biggest problem was in getting King sober enough to deliver it. The legend of MLK is just that, legend, manufactured for the purpose.

You probably read very little. Like most legends, what you read is mostly after the fact hype. His most famous I have a dream speech was actually written by Clarence Jones, the biggest problem was in getting King sober enough to deliver it. The legend of MLK is just that, legend, manufactured for the purpose.

Gotta love it. :lol:

The sainted Dr. King. We have a holiday honoring an alcoholic whoremaster. Somehow it seems fitting for today's people. If King had not been assassinated, he would have spent the civil rights movement in prison for embezzling money from the Ebenezer Baptist Church to fund his legendary booze and whore parties. Oh yes I remember the civil rights movement. I especially remember how he ordered black children in front of Bull Connor's fire hoses because it looked good on camera. Anything for the cause, right?

Thanks for contributing

I doubt if anyone could have done a better job in showing us what Dr King saved us from

Thanks for contributing

I doubt if anyone could have done a better job in showing us what Dr King saved us from

The thing is..that all that "information" was gleaned by a man who in his spare time liked to dress in woman's underwear.

Thanks for contributing

Ive tried not to comment.

But saving us is a stretch.

I am not black. He means nothing to me. However I was victim to the violence his assassination brought about.

What he brought to us is fixing racial discrimination with racial discrimination.

Forum List

Back