Dr. Fauci predicts 100k to 200k deaths in the US

From Dr. Fauci transcript:
" And whenever the modelers come in, they give a worst-case scenario and a best-case scenario.
Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

He said worst case "100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die from coronavirus"

The point is Axios to the WORST CASE model figure of Fauci. WHY?
To sell headlines!
Really sad this manipulation of Americans by the biased MSM...i.e. Axios!
And I'm not wrong about their bias!
Axios...LEFT-CENTER BIAS
These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

Truly sad that the MSM is doing this to our country!
The british doctor predicted 2 million American deaths
:linky:

Study Predicts 2.2 Million Coronavirus Deaths In US, Half A Million In UK

DID YOU READ THIS??? From the front page of the article you quoted:
and 2.2 million in the United States in case of no mitigation measures.
Do you know what "mitigation" means???

Too numerous to list!
Here is the CDC MITIGATION strategies!!!

Again... you people MUST read more than the headlines! The biased MSM wants to scare you to death! (Man are they dummies!)
According libs trump has taken little or no mitigation

according to some he plays golf all day

From Dr. Fauci transcript:
" And whenever the modelers come in, they give a worst-case scenario and a best-case scenario.
Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

He said worst case "100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die from coronavirus"

The point is Axios to the WORST CASE model figure of Fauci. WHY?
To sell headlines!
Really sad this manipulation of Americans by the biased MSM...i.e. Axios!
And I'm not wrong about their bias!
Axios...LEFT-CENTER BIAS
These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

Truly sad that the MSM is doing this to our country!
The british doctor predicted 2 million American deaths
:linky:

Study Predicts 2.2 Million Coronavirus Deaths In US, Half A Million In UK

First, it was not a doctor and second that was one of many possible outcomes based upon actions from the countries.

Have you ever read past a headline?

Are you even capable of reading more than a headline.

200,000 deaths in New York City ALONE would to little to end the problem with availability of affordable housing.

The unemployment problem caused by the various quarantines and the permanent closing of businesses through the created DEPRESSION will take somewhere over 230,000,000 deaths to conquer.

This is the new normal.

Get used to it.

I don't get it. Do some people not know what "could" means?

Could means 0.1% of the U.S. population could die from the virus here in the States and it could be more ( which is most likely your wish for political reasons ) and it could be far less, so who knows, well except you of course because you will claim trillions will perish because of Trump...

You guys don't know this about me, but I'm actually a epidemitoligistary, and I have my own prediction. 4 gajillion deaths in America alone.

Could means 0.1% of the U.S. population could die from the virus here in the States and it could be more ( which is most likely your wish for political reasons ) and it could be far less, so who knows, well except you of course because you will claim trillions will perish because of Trump...
If Trump had handled this thing like the incredibly competent leader he thinks he is there would be few complaints. He has stumbled every step of the way. America does not forgive indecisiveness in a crisis.

If Trump had handled this thing like the incredibly competent leader he thinks he is there would be few complaints. He has stumbled every step of the way. America does not forgive indecisiveness in a crisis.

Explain how he failed while Mayor Bill de Bozo during the same time was lecturing the people of New York City about how they needed to go on with their daily lives?

You do know the former Presidential candidate from the outbreak of the virus to mid-February was busy telling people they should not worry much about the virus, so why does he get a pass?

Oh, he's a Democrat and you will explain he is not President but did you know our President is not a dictator either and has to work with Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, State Governors and Local Mayors?

So explain to the wonderful board how Trump failed but Pelosi has been a shining light during this crisis and that Mayor De Bozo words did not put his people lives in danger!

Predictions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all smell.....no one knows what is down the road and if they say they do you can be assured that they are most likely way off base.....We are already testing multiple vaccines so to say 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die is nothing short of sensationalism.....and fear mongering.....
Some predictions are worth more than others. When Trump says he thinks it’ll disappear in April, it can be disregarded. When an infectious disease expert who has studied epidemics his entire life says this, pay attention.
This particular expert predicted upwards of 600,000 or more just two weeks ago.
If 100,000 is closer to reality and flu is around 60,000, a better idea is had.

Our dear healthmyths is on a crusade to show the world how the left leaning MSM twists the news and headlines...all the while pretending that none of the right leaning sources would ever do such a thing.

I've never seen him deny anything about incorrect right wing sources.

I have never seen him even acknowledge that such a thing actually exist.

And his predictions were based on models. What’s your point?
The point is that the predictions haven't changed. What has changed is how he is talking about the predictive models.

It seemed obvious what my point was...
The predictions have changed. 2 million was reduced to 20,000 then raised (by MSM) to 200,000 while Fauci says 100,000.

That less frightening than some of the scientific models I’ve seen predicting millions of deaths. Let’s hope thee figures are as few as possible

Fauci says US could have 'millions' of coronavirus cases and over 100,000 deaths

Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the faces of the Trump administration's coronavirus task force, on Sunday warned that the novel coronavirus could infect millions of people in the United States and account for more than 100,000 deaths.

thehill.com
thehill.com

He said without mitigation.

Dr, Mee says between 27,314.6 and 53 million and 4. I'll prove to be the closer guesser than that phd and I can continue planting fence posts with my phd's.

Deaths in the U.S. (last 24 hours) were 260 vs yesterday where they were 525.

It's only one day, but the trend did break.

Eveyrone should pray it continues.

Forum List

Back