Dr. Fauci predicts 100k to 200k deaths in the US

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
That less frightening than some of the scientific models I’ve seen predicting millions of deaths. Let’s hope thee figures are as few as possible

Fauci says US could have 'millions' of coronavirus cases and over 100,000 deaths

Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the faces of the Trump administration's coronavirus task force, on Sunday warned that the novel coronavirus could infect millions of people in the United States and account for more than 100,000 deaths.

thehill.com
thehill.com

Last edited by a moderator:
From Dr. Fauci transcript:
" And whenever the modelers come in, they give a worst-case scenario and a best-case scenario.
Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

He said worst case "100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die from coronavirus"

The point is Axios to the WORST CASE model figure of Fauci. WHY?
To sell headlines!
Really sad this manipulation of Americans by the biased MSM...i.e. Axios!
And I'm not wrong about their bias!
Axios...LEFT-CENTER BIAS
These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

Truly sad that the MSM is doing this to our country!

I don't get it. Do some people not know what "could" means?

Our dear healthmyths is on a crusade to show the world how the left leaning MSM twists the news and headlines...all the while pretending that none of the right leaning sources would ever do such a thing.

" And whenever the modelers come in, they give a worst-case scenario and a best-case scenario.
Generally, the reality is somewhere in the middle. I've never seen a model of the diseases that I've dealt with where the worst-case scenario actually came out. They always overshoot."

To sell headlines!
Axios...LEFT-CENTER BIAS
These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

The british doctor predicted 2 million American deaths

Predictions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all smell.....no one knows what is down the road and if they say they do you can be assured that they are most likely way off base.....We are already testing multiple vaccines so to say 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die is nothing short of sensationalism.....and fear mongering.....

To sell headlines!
Axios...LEFT-CENTER BIAS

:linky:

Predictions are like assholes...everyone has one and they all smell.....no one knows what is down the road and if they say they do you can be assured that they are most likely way off base.....We are already testing multiple vaccines so to say 100,000 to 200,000 Americans could die is nothing short of sensationalism.....and fear mongering.....
Some predictions are worth more than others. When Trump says he thinks it’ll disappear in April, it can be disregarded. When an infectious disease expert who has studied epidemics his entire life says this, pay attention.

Some predictions are worth more than others. When Trump says he thinks it’ll disappear in April, it can be disregarded. When an infectious disease expert who has studied epidemics his entire life says this, pay attention.
Pay Attention?....an expert said pay attention?.....good thing we brought him along.....Buuuaaahahahaha

To sell headlines!
Axios...LEFT-CENTER BIAS

Study Predicts 2.2 Million Coronavirus Deaths In US, Half A Million In UK

I don't get it. Do some people not know what "could" means?

Our dear healthmyths is on a crusade to show the world how the left leaning MSM twists the news and headlines...all the while pretending that none of the right leaning sources would ever do such a thing.
Oh I KNOW the right leaning sources DO bias the news. The BIG difference is there are far fewer right leaning media sources and especially when you read articles like the Axios they have far more reader/viewership. I mean NYTimes, Washington Post, CNN,MSNBC,CBS,ABC, all those BIASED MSM outlets far outnumber the right leaning. PLUS a fact YOU evidently didn't know is this and remember I unlike most of you provide the substantiation for my comments:
In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Hillary Clinton,
compared to just 3.5% which went to Trump.
While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative,
coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.
So please use some facts like I do i.e. 96% of journalists donations to Hillary! Any wonder that reasonable people question therefore the bias of the MSM?

Pay Attention?....an expert said pay attention?.....good thing we brought him along.....Buuuaaahahahaha

Yes. Pay attention. Meaning don’t make up whatever you want.

To sell headlines!
Axios...LEFT-CENTER BIAS

Study Predicts 2.2 Million Coronavirus Deaths In US, Half A Million In UK

DID YOU READ THIS??? From the front page of the article you quoted:
and 2.2 million in the United States in case of no mitigation measures.
Do you know what "mitigation" means???

Too numerous to list!
Here is the CDC MITIGATION strategies!!!

Again... you people MUST read more than the headlines! The biased MSM wants to scare you to death! (Man are they dummies!)

Forum List

Back