Dr. Fauci Concedes the Coronavirus Mortality Rate May Be Much Closer to a Very Bad Flu

However, its cowardly to make guess based what you simply want to have happen which is pretty obvious what you are doing
Couldn't agree more. You need to look at FACTS and stop hoping for death because of your political beliefs.

Well, Death Angel, thank you for the advice about not wishing for death, I'm not but that's pretty ironic.

I've posted enough evidence that this virus is MUCH less lethal than the fearmongering hope it'll be, but maybe I need to start yet another thread devoted exclusively to these facts. Somehow, I know certain people just dont want to hear it. They WANT disaster

You have? You've posted evidence that we won't possibly reach 100k-200k deaths?

We reached 38,800 auto deaths in 2019...Should we ban cars too?

I'm sorry, your question is if we should legalize COVID19?

Is english your second language?

No. Your premise is just kind of lame. Why worry about Cancer when we have heart disease that kills so many more?

I'm making a point about why this pandemic is so much more to freak out over when those in the past were but a passing news story....Nothing on this scale for sure. Then you look at who was President during those, and this one, and it is clear.

Yeah, maybe figure out why this is a big deal. It's not really difficult you just need to take your Trump weave off first.

Aw BS....I tell ya....If this happened under Obama, I'd be saying much the same....Jesus, get some help for that disorder will ya?

We are never going to win this with people like you constantly trying to undermine this President....

Yeah, people listening to health professionals and scientists. If I'd just put that aside and listen to Trump not taking the virus seriously until just recently (and I'm still not sure he is) and then jump to a new set of conspiracies about stolen PPE or whatever the fuck he's talking about.

You people are a curse upon this country...figure it out yourself, I'm done trying to reason with you idiots.

Like the computer models, initial estimates prove false.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, co-authored an article published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine predicting the fatality rate for the coronavirus will turn out to be like that of a "severe seasonal influenza."

Dr. Fauci: Coronavirus death rate like very bad flu - WND
Well, since WND knows their audience won't actually read the scientific article, allow me to add something. You know, since the OP was so misleading (as one would expect).

What he wrote was that the clinical consequences may be closer to a severe seasonal flu or a flu pandemic than to SARS or to MERS, with death rates of 9% and 36%.

So, closer to 0.1% than to 9%. Which is a good thing.
Sure Fort Fun Indiana and it will get better as more people gain immunity and catch up to the double or triple infection rates around 5:2. The death rates aren't the worst problem but hospitalization rates at 15%. That's what is overwhelming hospital and funeral staff causing mass pileups in the thousands at each epicenter site. Now military may be trained for battle and watching fellow soldiers die by their side in the line of duty. But don't tell me we have trained nursing interns to confront that onslaught daily, risking their lives not knowing who has a fatal reaction or not even when "it's only 1 %". Because of thousands infected in a condensed place and time that means they will see those deaths instead of it being spread out. I'm sorry but we are not "numbers" in a statistical equation. People feel that stress, and connect spiritually to fellow medics feeling that across the globe. This has a bigger human impact on morale beyond what numbers show. It may not make sense mathematically. But even if one person out of a thousand shows love to one person in a million, that connection matters. And when that is broken it can have a shattering effect. We have a choice to care what our neighbor cares about, to listen and not judge over what the numbers show. If you dont like the hype and panic neither do I. But the medical demands are real. They will go back down faster by taking this seriously and helping the medical relief efforts no matter what Italy surges are compared with NY Louisiana or Texas. Human pain is the same. The escalations have caught everyone off guard, and everyone has underestimated it, from China to Trump, so we are equal in trying to make sense of this first exposure and get it down quickly so we can work on recovery after the waves of escalation are under control and not causing more panic. I'm with you on reducing that panic.
15% of all people are not in the hospital
15% of the public does not even get it. About 10% get it maybe. Of that 10%, 15% required hospitalization so
Roughly 1.5% of All Americans are requiring hospitalization. That is not a paltry number but I do wonder what is the average daily percentage normally of Americans in a hospital?

However, its cowardly to make guess based what you simply want to have happen which is pretty obvious what you are doing
Couldn't agree more. You need to look at FACTS and stop hoping for death because of your political beliefs.

Well, Death Angel, thank you for the advice about not wishing for death, I'm not but that's pretty ironic.

I've posted enough evidence that this virus is MUCH less lethal than the fearmongering hope it'll be, but maybe I need to start yet another thread devoted exclusively to these facts. Somehow, I know certain people just dont want to hear it. They WANT disaster

No. Your premise is just kind of lame. Why worry about Cancer when we have heart disease that kills so many more?

I'm making a point about why this pandemic is so much more to freak out over when those in the past were but a passing news story....Nothing on this scale for sure. Then you look at who was President during those, and this one, and it is clear.

Yeah, maybe figure out why this is a big deal. It's not really difficult you just need to take your Trump weave off first.

Aw BS....I tell ya....If this happened under Obama, I'd be saying much the same....Jesus, get some help for that disorder will ya?

We are never going to win this with people like you constantly trying to undermine this President....

Yeah, people listening to health professionals and scientists. If I'd just put that aside and listen to Trump not taking the virus seriously until just recently (and I'm still not sure he is) and then jump to a new set of conspiracies about stolen PPE or whatever the fuck he's talking about.

You people are a curse upon this country...figure it out yourself, I'm done trying to reason with you idiots.

Bye.

NY is a terrible situation...Let's hope they make it through...
No

That's all you needed to post right there to my response...And how revealing it is...pathetic.
When you are done whining, please answer my question and tell us which of those pandemics starting overwhelming hospitals here 60 days after the first recorded case.

Or stfu. Your call, really.

Shove it up your ass Jerk.
Haha, that's what I thought. You said something stupid because of cultism, and you know it.

I hope like hell I never run into someone as utterly stupid, and arrogant as you. I'd hate to be in court for knocking you on your ass.

Why do you need this so bad Lesh? Why do you love it so much?
How fukkn stupid are you?

Nobody "needs this".

Why do YOU feel the need to get people do do stupid shit that endanger us all?

gold_star_winner_flexible_magnet-rbaaf5c42e240442a81b1769246992ed3_ambom_8byvr_200.jpg

Yeah, I thought that comment was a bit bizarre myself. Maybe the reason Trump said that the PPE was being stolen and sold on the black market is because that is what he'd be doing himself if he could.

It'd probably be a family business.

I hope like hell I never run into someone as utterly stupid, and arrogant as you. I'd hate to be in court for knocking you on your ass
I promise you would pee your little panties if you saw me coming.

But anyhoo, which of those other pandemics you listed caused our hospitals to be overwhelmed 60 days after the first case? You know, since you claimed the covid-19 pandemic is no worse. Now, back up your retarded comment. Or admit it was retarded.

Yeah, I thought that comment was a bit bizarre myself. Maybe the reason Trump said that the PPE was being stolen and sold on the black market is because that is what he'd be doing himself if he could.

It'd probably be a family business.

More than likely. Can you imagine "MAGA" surgical masks?

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, co-authored an article published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine predicting the fatality rate for the coronavirus will turn out to be like that of a "severe seasonal influenza."

Not exactly what he said- which is why I always go to the source- rather than what WND tells its sheeple.

Two important things to note:
1) The article- while just published- is based upon information as of February 26- or a month ago.
2) The authors- including Dr. Fauci are clear that this is very speculative:
If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968)

So lets go with what Dr. Fauci is saying NOW
"Looking at what we're seeing now, I would say between 100,000 and 200,000" deaths, Fauci told CNN’s "State of the Union." "We're going to have millions of cases."

Why argue over death rates when it's the 15% hospitalization rate that is killing doctors and nurses working overtime for 2-4 weeks per patient.
Because this thread isn't about concern for people. It's about shielding the ego of Dear Leader.
^ And that's DISTRACTING from addressing medical needs. How can we shift the focus back to producing supplies and sites to meet demands, while keeping workers safe, building economy, and resolving issues of govt jurisdictions. Fort Fun Indiana

So, do you plan to come back to your thread and admit that WND fooled you...again?

Not exactly what he said- which is why I always go to the source- rather than what WND tells its sheeple.

Two important things to note:
1) The article- while just published- is based upon information as of February 26- or a month ago.
2) The authors- including Dr. Fauci are clear that this is very speculative:
If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968)

So lets go with what Dr. Fauci is saying NOW
"Looking at what we're seeing now, I would say between 100,000 and 200,000" deaths, Fauci told CNN’s "State of the Union." "We're going to have millions of cases."
Syriusly Why focus on the fatality rate that isn't the most critical problem at hospitals?

If you look at the hospitalization rate, and the risk of permanent lung damage from so many more people needing Ventilators on shortage, that isn't like the rate of other flu strains.

The high infectious rate that is 5:2 is different because no populations have experienced exposure to this new virus COMBINING variations from two different species.

This might explain the MIXED results, where more people are experiencing the mild or asymptomatic reactions, but the problem of the hospitalizations at 15% is ENOUGH to create the higher than expected Escalations.

It's those Escalations CONDENSED in a small geographic region and timeframe that is impacting the hospital and funeral workers.

The death totals from comparing other Flu strains are numbers spread out over time and space.

Those aren't counting and comparing the thousands of HOSPITALIZED cases in ICU or requiring Ventilators for 2-4 weeks per case
CONDENSED in local hospitals. And these unprecedented SURGES at epicenters are building up in different places WITHIN WEEKS, making it harder to "compete for resources" since none of the countries were prepared for these huge spikes hitting all their centers at once.

That is NOT comparable to the strains of flu these populations have similar exposure to from previous strains.

See charts below that show what it means for CASES to double every 2 days versus 3-5.

91-DIVOC : Flip the script on COVID-19

If conservatives and liberals agree to focus on 15% hospitalization rates
for CASES (not death rates) , we can agree to focus on creating jobs
in safe work sites, separating high risk / quarantine areas from
low risk / immune areas. So nobody panics about either the
medical shortages and supplies, or the economy shutting down.

So, do you plan to come back to your thread and admit that WND fooled you...again?

WND had nothing to do with it, other than posting a link to the NEJM piece. Did you read it?

WND had nothing to do with it
Of course they did. They weren't forthcoming with the date, nor the change of stance by the author of the article. You do understand that's not "happenstance", right? That is literally what the people at WND are paid to do. It's click bait.

WND had nothing to do with it
Of course they did. They weren't forthcoming with the date, nor the change of stance by the author of the article. You do understand that's not "happenstance", right? That is literally what the people at WND are paid to do. It's click bait.

That's not fair. They did after all 'prove' Obama was born in Kenya. I mean, it's not like WND has a record of lying or anything.

While there may be something to that, keep in mind this is a global pandemic. I find it hard to believe other nations are in on hyping this situation in order to discredit the president of the US.

Forum List

Back