Dr. Fauci Concedes the Coronavirus Mortality Rate May Be Much Closer to a Very Bad Flu

However, its cowardly to make guess based what you simply want to have happen which is pretty obvious what you are doing
Couldn't agree more. You need to look at FACTS and stop hoping for death because of your political beliefs.

Well, Death Angel, thank you for the advice about not wishing for death, I'm not but that's pretty ironic.

I've posted enough evidence that this virus is MUCH less lethal than the fearmongering hope it'll be, but maybe I need to start yet another thread devoted exclusively to these facts. Somehow, I know certain people just dont want to hear it. They WANT disaster

You have? You've posted evidence that we won't possibly reach 100k-200k deaths?

We reached 38,800 auto deaths in 2019...Should we ban cars too?

But eliminating cars would destroy the economy!

Oh, wait! :eusa_think:

Of course to you the question somehow is rational and sane.

The virus is going to destroy the economy whether we act or not. Car accidents don't usually overrun hospitals over a long period of time while at the same time infecting healthcare workers and use up large quantities of PPE and other medical equipment.

Fauci has just predicted right now 100k-200k deaths in the United States though he said that could change.

It's just the flu, right?

Firstly - It's not the flu, it's a coronavirus- more like the common cold.

No shit it's not the flu, maybe you guys should stop saying it is. But now you've degraded COVID-19 to the common cold. Not a single respectable health professional would agree with you.

You're off to a fine start.

Secondly- Fauci's comments were taken WAY out of context. He was offering an estmate based on the current models- models that he doesn't believe are accurate. What he really said was “I just don’t think that we really need to make a projection when it’s such a moving target, that you could so easily be wrong,”

He didn't say they were inaccurate. Here is the quote:

"I mean, looking at what we're seeing now, you know, I would say between 100 and 200,000 (deaths). But I don't want to be held to that," he said, adding that the US is going to have "millions of cases."

He wasn't misquoted and it wasn't taken out of context, so why are you lying?

Here is the VERY Fake News article from CNN-

Fake News Network CNN was forced to add the following disclaimer to their outrageous headline - CLARIFICATION: The headline and this story have been updated to better convey that Dr. Anthony Fauci was offering a possible estimate based on his interpretation of the coronavirus models.

:rofl:

Did he say something different now? No? OK, I guess you don't have much of a point other than to lie.

Science is science, sorry you fail to understand.

Coronaviruses are a group of related viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that can be mild, such as some cases of the common cold (among other possible causes, predominantly rhinoviruses), and others that can be lethal, such as SARS, MERS, and COVID-19. Coronavirus - Wikipedia

Fauci has just predicted right now 100k-200k deaths in the United States though he said that could change.

No shit it's not the flu, maybe you guys should stop saying it is. But now you've degraded COVID-19 to the common cold. Not a single respectable health professional would agree with you.

Secondly- Fauci's comments were taken WAY out of context. He was offering an estmate based on the current models- models that he doesn't believe are accurate. What he really said was “I just don’t think that we really need to make a projection when it’s such a moving target, that you could so easily be wrong,”

"I mean, looking at what we're seeing now, you know, I would say between 100 and 200,000 (deaths). But I don't want to be held to that," he said, adding that the US is going to have "millions of cases."

Fake News Network CNN was forced to add the following disclaimer to their outrageous headline - CLARIFICATION: The headline and this story have been updated to better convey that Dr. Anthony Fauci was offering a possible estimate based on his interpretation of the coronavirus models.

Did he say something different now? No? OK, I guess you don't have much of a point other than to lie.

Coronaviruses are a group of related viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that can be mild, such as some cases of the common cold (among other possible causes, predominantly rhinoviruses), and others that can be lethal, such as SARS, MERS, and COVID-19. Coronavirus - Wikipedia

Did you fail to understand that you quoted a source saying COVID-19 is "leathal"? Science is science, right?

Like the computer models, initial estimates prove false.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, co-authored an article published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine predicting the fatality rate for the coronavirus will turn out to be like that of a "severe seasonal influenza."

Dr. Fauci: Coronavirus death rate like very bad flu - WND
Oh boy...this is terrible news for the severely LefTarded. They were holding high hopes for millions of deaths in exchange for Trump losing the election.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, co-authored an article published Thursday in the New England Journal of Medicine predicting the fatality rate for the coronavirus will turn out to be like that of a "severe seasonal influenza."

Oh boy...this is terrible news for the severely LefTarded. They were holding high hopes for millions of deaths in exchange for Trump losing the election.

News?

News?

Did you fail to understand that you quoted a source saying COVID-19 is "leathal"? Science is science, right?
The common cold is lethal. Influenza is lethal. SO what?

How does this compare with Sars and Mers

SARS and MERS have much higher death rates, but are far, far less contagious. In 2003 there were around 8,000 cases of SARS. MERS has only had about 2500 cases since it was first found in 2012. In comparison, there have been more than 600,000 cases of the COVID-19 virus and over 28,000 deaths so far. Of those, something like 140,000 cases and 2,500 deaths have been in the US.

However, its cowardly to make guess based what you simply want to have happen which is pretty obvious what you are doing
Couldn't agree more. You need to look at FACTS and stop hoping for death because of your political beliefs.

Well, Death Angel, thank you for the advice about not wishing for death, I'm not but that's pretty ironic.

I've posted enough evidence that this virus is MUCH less lethal than the fearmongering hope it'll be, but maybe I need to start yet another thread devoted exclusively to these facts. Somehow, I know certain people just dont want to hear it. They WANT disaster

I'm sorry, your question is if we should legalize COVID19?

Is english your second language?

The virus is going to destroy the economy whether we act or not. Car accidents don't usually overrun hospitals over a long period of time while at the same time infecting healthcare workers and use up large quantities of PPE and other medical equipment.

Neither is this virus...

No. Your premise is just kind of lame. Why worry about Cancer when we have heart disease that kills so many more?

Neither is this virus...

Yeah, we're only setting up temporary hospitals in central park to play Doctor.

Well, since WND knows their audience won't actually read the scientific article, allow me to add something. You know, since the OP was so misleading (as one would expect).

What he wrote was that the clinical consequences may be closer to a severe seasonal flu or a flu pandemic than to SARS or to MERS, with death rates of 9% and 36%.

So, closer to 0.1% than to 9%. Which is a good thing.

No. Your premise is just kind of lame. Why worry about Cancer when we have heart disease that kills so many more?
Why argue over death rates when it's the 15% hospitalization rate that is killing doctors and nurses working overtime for 2-4 weeks per patient. Does it matter if 50 people die in Italy out of 500-800 deaths daily? Yes it matters when those 50 people are doctors and the staff on shortage are grieving while trying to save more lives without adequate safety and breaks in between battle surges that escalate in very concentrated regions and timeframes.

Why argue over death rates when it's the 15% hospitalization rate that is killing doctors and nurses working overtime for 2-4 weeks per patient.
Because this thread isn't about concern for people. It's about shielding the ego of Dear Leader.

Why argue over death rates when it's the 15% hospitalization rate that is killing doctors and nurses working overtime for 2-4 weeks per patient. Does it matter if 50 people die in Italy out of 500-800 deaths daily? Yes it matters when those 50 people are doctors and the staff on shortage are grieving while trying to save more lives without adequate safety and breaks in between battle surges that escalate in very concentrated regions and timeframes.

I don't disagree with you.

Neither is this virus...

And let's not forget about the refrigerated trucks being used as emergency morgues

Neither is this virus...

And let's not forget about the refrigerated trucks being used as emergency morgues
Modern version of mass graves.

Forum List

Back