Dr. Birx BLASTED the media for it's political bias!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a separate interview, Birx blasted the media for being “slicey and dicey” in writing headlines about the pandemic.

I think the media is very slicey and dicey about how they put sentences together in order to create headlines … We know for millennials in other studies that some people may only read the headlines. And if there’s not a graphic, they’re not going to look any further than that,” she said Saturday on Fox News’ “Watters World.”
“And I think we have to be responsible about our headlines. I think often, the reporting maybe accurate in paragraph three, four, and five. But I’m not sure how many people actually get to paragraph three, four, and five,
” Birx added.

AND this is exactly what I've been pointing out! Selective editing. "Trump Divorces"??? "Trump anti-immigrant"? All examples of the political bias of a group of people pissed that their political donations of 96% to Hillary was wasted!
In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Hillary Clinton, compared to just 3.5% which went to Trump. While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative, coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.

Perhaps that’s because journalists, being better informed than most people, recognized and understood the danger an unqualified conman being His President.
coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.
There's a reason for that. It's Trump's own words, actions and gutter sniping that put him in a negative light. I'm surprised they found 20% of nice things to say. Must have been Fox.
What did Brett Kavanaugh do to deserve the vitriol?
Attempted rape.
LOL lets see, she couldn't remember which friend she was at's house, she couldn't name any of HER friends that were there, she didn't hear two sloppy drunks ( her claim) coming up the stairs bouncing off the walls( her claim again) she doesn't remember who besides Kavanaugh was in the room when the supposed attack took place. She remembers them bouncing off the walls on the way down cause as she claimed they were VERY drunk. She did not tell anyone at the party she did not tell any friends later, she did not tell her parents. She can't remember how she got home. BUT BY GOD she remembers it was Kavanaugh for sure. Yup totally believable.

Add in she lied about flying she lied about not wanting anyone to report it and she was a wishy washy testifier before the committee. Yup ABSOLUTELY Believable.
She remembered the important stuff fine. It wasn't a "friend's" house; she heard about the party from a friend but she didn't know the host. I remember several parties I went to where I didn't know the host and today I couldn't possibly tell you where the house was. She remembers in detail the pool house where the party was. She remembers in detail the boys ganging up on her, even the music playing on the stereo. She DID tell people, both then and later. If you actually read what she'd SAID instead of relying on news sites that wanted to make her look like a lying whore for political reasons, you wouldn't be quite so sure of yourself.

Christine Blasey-Ford made a tentative move to tell her story and then decided she didn't want to come forward. Pelosi or her office staff threw her to the lions anyway. It was just too good an opportunity to waste. That was absolutely unforgivable. Yes, Kavanaugh was an entitled rich kid jock who was a real Jekyll and Hyde when he drank. He was a teenager and he grew up, quit beer bombing, leads a decent life and has had a respectable career. There was no excuse for ANY of it except a Speaker of the House who will do anything--anything--to keep political power and abortion fanatics on both sides doing their best to destroy each other through the participants in this fiasco. It was a low point in Congressional history.

His career is hardly distinguished. It was Kavenaugh’s idea to go after Bill Clinton for his sexual misbehaviour when they couldn’t find anything else. I thought it was karma in spades when his own past was used against him.

Kavenaugh has been groomed by the radical right for years for this seat on the SC. He is neither qualified or suitable for the bench because SC justices are not supposed to be partisan.

His behaviour in the Senate Chamber was intemperate, highly partisan, and not suitable for any seeking a Supreme Court seat. Judges are supposed to be rational, impartial and not prone to angry outbursts.

In a separate interview, Birx blasted the media for being “slicey and dicey” in writing headlines about the pandemic.

I think the media is very slicey and dicey about how they put sentences together in order to create headlines … We know for millennials in other studies that some people may only read the headlines. And if there’s not a graphic, they’re not going to look any further than that,” she said Saturday on Fox News’ “Watters World.”
“And I think we have to be responsible about our headlines. I think often, the reporting maybe accurate in paragraph three, four, and five. But I’m not sure how many people actually get to paragraph three, four, and five,
” Birx added.

AND this is exactly what I've been pointing out! Selective editing. "Trump Divorces"??? "Trump anti-immigrant"? All examples of the political bias of a group of people pissed that their political donations of 96% to Hillary was wasted!
In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Hillary Clinton, compared to just 3.5% which went to Trump. While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative, coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.
She wants to keep her job so she says things that will ingratiate her with tRump.

That doesn't me she's accurate.
That is exactly right. She,probably by virtue of going along to get along, has been complicit in some of the administration's cover up of some of the problems in this fight. For example, She touts the availability of testing facilities in each state and suggests the governors are not utilizing that resource properly while never addressing the fact that there is a shortage of test collection kits and the reagents neccessary to process the tests. A problem best solved at the federal level.
I think it's because there still aren't enough to go around. States with hot spots are getting the lion's share of the tests, which of course they should, but it is leaving states with lower numbers short. Our Governor just explained yesterday that they keep asking but they're not getting enough. That's because there aren't enough to go around. President's presser yesterday was all about the promise that more and more tests are coming .... soon.....
I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll be happy about it.
In the meantime the admin is moving foreward with plans to open even going so far as to issue guidelines for testing that doesn't yet exist and probably won't until it is way too late to be effective. They left the testing to the states to figure out.
She and Fauci should find this unacceptable and not go along with it.

President Trump's new blueprint for COVID-19 testing leaves it up to states to create and manage their own testing programs, leaving the federal government as "a supplier of last resort." CBS News has learned that the federal government plans to send each state enough test kits to screen 2% of their population monthly.

Do you have a problem with states with diverse population density doing their own "testing"?

I dont see any way that this can work. Ever.

There is no one definitive test. Every lab is putting out a test and they’re all different, with differing methods of collection and processing. Many have to be returned to the originating lab for processing. The much touted Abbott Labs instant tests are only 80% accurate. For a disease this contagious, 1 case in 5 being missed is not a ratio to bring down the rate of infection.

If a state receives tests that can’t be processed on site or in state, they’re useless. The disease can double or triple cases while waiting for results, and by the time the results arrive, they’re outdated. If businesses can’t be sure who has it and who doesn’t, how can they reopen safely?

One test nationwide, one collection process, one results process. Cheap, fast point of care/entry testing. Without it, any attempt at reopening is useless.

” Birx added.

Perhaps that’s because journalists, being better informed than most people, recognized and understood the danger an unqualified conman being His President.
coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.
There's a reason for that. It's Trump's own words, actions and gutter sniping that put him in a negative light. I'm surprised they found 20% of nice things to say. Must have been Fox.
What did Brett Kavanaugh do to deserve the vitriol?
Attempted rape.
LOL lets see, she couldn't remember which friend she was at's house, she couldn't name any of HER friends that were there, she didn't hear two sloppy drunks ( her claim) coming up the stairs bouncing off the walls( her claim again) she doesn't remember who besides Kavanaugh was in the room when the supposed attack took place. She remembers them bouncing off the walls on the way down cause as she claimed they were VERY drunk. She did not tell anyone at the party she did not tell any friends later, she did not tell her parents. She can't remember how she got home. BUT BY GOD she remembers it was Kavanaugh for sure. Yup totally believable.

Add in she lied about flying she lied about not wanting anyone to report it and she was a wishy washy testifier before the committee. Yup ABSOLUTELY Believable.
She remembered the important stuff fine. It wasn't a "friend's" house; she heard about the party from a friend but she didn't know the host. I remember several parties I went to where I didn't know the host and today I couldn't possibly tell you where the house was. She remembers in detail the pool house where the party was. She remembers in detail the boys ganging up on her, even the music playing on the stereo. She DID tell people, both then and later. If you actually read what she'd SAID instead of relying on news sites that wanted to make her look like a lying whore for political reasons, you wouldn't be quite so sure of yourself.

Christine Blasey-Ford made a tentative move to tell her story and then decided she didn't want to come forward. Pelosi or her office staff threw her to the lions anyway. It was just too good an opportunity to waste. That was absolutely unforgivable. Yes, Kavanaugh was an entitled rich kid jock who was a real Jekyll and Hyde when he drank. He was a teenager and he grew up, quit beer bombing, leads a decent life and has had a respectable career. There was no excuse for ANY of it except a Speaker of the House who will do anything--anything--to keep political power and abortion fanatics on both sides doing their best to destroy each other through the participants in this fiasco. It was a low point in Congressional history.

His career is hardly distinguished. It was Kavenaugh’s idea to go after Bill Clinton for his sexual misbehaviour when they couldn’t find anything else. I thought it was karma in spades when his own past was used against him.

Kavenaugh has been groomed by the radical right for years for this seat on the SC. He is neither qualified or suitable for the bench because SC justices are not supposed to be partisan.

His behaviour in the Senate Chamber was intemperate, highly partisan, and not suitable for any seeking a Supreme Court seat. Judges are supposed to be rational, impartial and not prone to angry outbursts.

You wrote: Perhaps that’s because journalists, being better informed than most people, recognized and understood the danger an unqualified conman being His President.
So when 96% of "journalists" donated to Hillary, was that because they were better informed like these two examples?
Brian Williams and NYT editorial board member...
MSNBC’s Brian Williams plus bad math equaled an embarrassing on-air goof Thursday. (See the clip below.)
“The 11th Hour” host gushed over a tweet claiming that Michael Bloomberg could have used the $500 million ad budget on his failed presidential bid to give every American $1 million.
“It’s an incredible way of putting it,” Williams declared.
“It’s true,” guest and New York Times editorial board member Mara Gay chimed in. “It’s disturbing.”
The only problem is these two better informed the most people... couldn't do simple math...
Divide $500 million by 330 million Americans equals $1.50 per American...not $1 million! Right better informed?
Finally here is an even more glaring "better informed" journalists...
Read the attach and tell me what is the difference between the words "Consumed" and "Manufactured"? Also one other question,
these "better informed" never checked the data evidently and do simple math as I did.
Give you a hint. 3 million lbs divided by 1.6 oz equals 32 million... not 500,000,000 !
Now of course this will require you to read beyond the headlines which as Dr. Brix has said is the major problem.
BUT I'm 100% sure YOU won't read this as it is beyond the 30 sec attention span!
500straws_last121218.png

You are not an official member of the Trump administration until you have blamed the media

” Birx added.

She wants to keep her job so she says things that will ingratiate her with tRump.

That doesn't me she's accurate.
That is exactly right. She,probably by virtue of going along to get along, has been complicit in some of the administration's cover up of some of the problems in this fight. For example, She touts the availability of testing facilities in each state and suggests the governors are not utilizing that resource properly while never addressing the fact that there is a shortage of test collection kits and the reagents neccessary to process the tests. A problem best solved at the federal level.
I think it's because there still aren't enough to go around. States with hot spots are getting the lion's share of the tests, which of course they should, but it is leaving states with lower numbers short. Our Governor just explained yesterday that they keep asking but they're not getting enough. That's because there aren't enough to go around. President's presser yesterday was all about the promise that more and more tests are coming .... soon.....
I'll believe it when I see it, and I'll be happy about it.
In the meantime the admin is moving foreward with plans to open even going so far as to issue guidelines for testing that doesn't yet exist and probably won't until it is way too late to be effective. They left the testing to the states to figure out.
She and Fauci should find this unacceptable and not go along with it.

One size fits all I assume you are suggesting?
That a metropolitan area with population density of 1.3 people per square mile should be treated the same as
a population density of 57,116 people per square mile ?
Of course I said no such thing. But thats what you dopes do when you have nothing of substance to add.

Testing is imperative to opening successfully.

Trump made her a STAR...her post-virus book, with insider details, will make her a millionaire and she can buy hundreds of new scarves. I'm tired of her voice and continued use of the word "granular". But she's a woman, a scientist, and a good addition to the team. Her saving grace with me is that the more she talks, the less Pence talks.....I can't listen to him.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AGAIN. If you have topics about the media (which media bias IS) post it in Media - this is the third media thread of yours since yesterday, and the second warning about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back